ADVERTISEMENT

slow night, so: off-the-wall DL coach candidate (LINK) who has

Last edited:
Coached there for a year. No different than what we saw with Deboer, imho.

He might just be the perfect fit.

He's young enough to go along with being "taught" what's expected from his position group while having enough background as a player and a coach to be respected and listened to by the players.

His only glaring weakness would be his lack of recruiting contacts... I'm just presuming that's the case because he's a young coach; I could be very wrong on this point...

Our ace recruiters could introduce him to all of their contacts and we're off to the races...

SHS as DL coach seems to be a Big step backwards from DC at Western Mich!
so CTA shouldn't have hired Jason Jones since he stepped backwards from Co-DC at an SEC school (where he was let go) to position coach at a non-P5 school? coaches want to coach (and in most cases they have families to house and feed) and moves like this happen all the time

Montana's head coach was considered by some experts to be the next big thing the first time he was HC there, then he went to I-A, now he's back in Missoula. His DC was also DC at Cal, Arizona State, Stanford, Notre Dame and Washington. His Asst HC was considered to be "one of the brightest offensive minds" in college football when he was at Kentucky, Baylor, Boise State and (briefly) Florida and Washington. His OC coached at Washington State and played 5 years in the NFL. Etc etc.

I'm not saying Daoust is, or even should be, a real candidate. For all I know Allen may never have even heard of him. But the fact that he's gone from MAC to FCS is hardly disqualifying.

No doubt an important hire. I know the recruiting aspect is key, but I wouldn't mind if hire the old school type of personality. Maybe not as popular with recruits, but helps us with on the field results.

Reactions: vesuvius13

sick ex-Orangeman coach Mike Hart on him and go for it. Looks like a good one, a good recruiter and yes, continuing to add some diversity to the staff is a good goal as well, but let me be clear, believe his merits warrant his full consideration here on its own. Everything else is cherry on top. Like him over Kuntz purely from an experience as of now factor.

ADVERTISEMENT