ADVERTISEMENT

Since this is an IU forum community...

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
Just heard/saw this breaking news on the suit vs the IU Mandate and a judge upholding the mandate. I haven't seen any in-depth news articles yet, so I don't know what this means for the student suit or people that oppose the mandate...

The interview with Daniels is interesting. I'm not sure how successful he is in making the case for masks, quarantines, etc over a vaccine mandate. I know PU fans are convinced they have some huge year ahead in hoops, but I wonder if the PU Administration has learned anything from the NCSU/CBB WS debacle?

Specifically, are they going to allow non-vaxed athletes to participate, and do they have any realistic hope they'll be able to keep unvaxed players from testing positive and possibly derailing the rest of the team's season?

Last edited:
I think with this new delta variant your question about Purdue athletes is significant. I’m sure the coaches don’t want to have to quarantine players or even cancel games due to guys testing positive. As for the student population, I suspect a lot will get tired of weekly mitigation testing and opt to get the vaccine so they can be freed up from that.

IU had a virtual Q&A last week with a doc and he said it might be near impossible to get 100% vaccinated, but around 80% should produce herd immunity.

Specifically, are they going to allow non-vaxed athletes to participate, and do they have any realistic hope they'll be able to keep unvaxed players from testing positive and possibly derailing the rest of the team's season?

I've mentioned it elsewhere, and I could be totally off base, but I'd be shocked if Tom Allen is not making all his people get vaccinated. That's what LEO is all about -- looking out for your team and your teammates ahead of yourself.

ADVERTISEMENT