ADVERTISEMENT

Since Not Enough of You Support IU Football ...

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
I'll put this here too.

As another example of how America is dead.

Here is the first sentence of the article on the official University of Michigan athletic website, announcing their hiring of IU's Mike Hart:

"J. Ira and Nicki Harris Family Head Football Coach Jim Harbaugh announced Wednesday (Jan. 13) the hiring of former Wolverine running back Mike Hart as the program's running back mentor. "

Sigh.

Reactions: 76-1
every mention of Steve Alford in any IU article will call him something like the former IU great, national champion sharpshooter guard Steve Alford. It wouldn't be a slight on UCLA, Iowa, or anybody he coached. It's a local point of view. Ann Arbor also has a Wolverine-centric local point of view. You're looking for boogeymen.

Reactions: 82hoosier
Funny story, I had a job interview in Ann Arbor once. Part of the latter stages if the visit was a realtor giving a tour of the town. The grand finale of the tour was walking into Michigan stadium, as if anyone would have to have a religious moment or something at that very instant.

Reactions: 82hoosier
every mention of Steve Alford in any IU article will call him something like the former IU great, national champion sharpshooter guard Steve Alford. It wouldn't be a slight on UCLA, Iowa, or anybody he coached. It's a local point of view. Ann Arbor also has a Wolverine-centric local point of view. You're looking for boogeymen.
Exactly - and here is the FULL first paragraph of that press release:

J. Ira and Nicki Harris Family Head Football Coach Jim Harbaugh announced Wednesday (Jan. 13) the hiring of former Wolverine running back Mike Hart as the program's running back mentor. The all-time leading rusher in Michigan football history, Hart has been the running backs coach at Indiana University for the past four seasons (2017-20). He was elevated to associate head coach in 2020 after serving as the Hoosiers' assistant coach during the 2018 and 2019 seasons.

I would think it was weird if U of M DIDN'T mention that Hart is a former Wolverine running back and their all-time leading rusher as one of the first things mentioned.

As usual, "you people" missed the point.

Let me walk you through this - spoon feed ya AGAIN:

UofM sold naming rights to the position of head football coach!
The "J. Ira and Nicki Harris Family Head Football Coach"!

And calls a running back coach a "running back mentor."
At first I thought i was just the most poorly constructed sentence I'd seen in a while. Somehow, this is worse.

If anything, this tells me why Michigan is, and forever will be, dead. When you get desperate because you aren't even the best athletic program in your own state, let alone your division, let alone the conference, let alone the country, you pretend like frivolous donations matter.

And thus, IU Football may actually improve with the departure of Hart.

The naming right thing was the least shocking thing to me.

I actually think it's more shocking that Mike Hart left IU as an associate head coach to be the running backs coach at Michigan. I get that Michigan is historically the better program and it is his alma mater, but that has to be a demotion and probably a reduction in pay. Also, I'd argue that IU could potentially have the brighter future/significantly less pressure than Michigan does for at least the next few years.

Maybe Michigan is bringing him on as an emotional support person to empathize with players who also never beat Ohio State.

If anything, this tells me why Michigan is, and forever will be, dead. When you get desperate because you aren't even the best athletic program in your own state, let alone your division, let alone the conference, let alone the country, you pretend like frivolous donations matter.

And thus, IU Football may actually improve with the departure of Hart.
Have you happened to check the official name of Assembly Hall recently?

When I lived in Massachusetts, every article about Atlanta Braves pitcher Tom Glavine, even in the Boston Globe, would begin with "Former Billerica High School baseball star Tommy Glavine..."

The George Soros Senate Chamber has a bad ring to it, but I guess I'll have to get used to it.

giphy.gif

Reactions: larsIU
I'll put this here too.

As another example of how America is dead.

Here is the first sentence of the article on the official University of Michigan athletic website, announcing their hiring of IU's Mike Hart:

"J. Ira and Nicki Harris Family Head Football Coach Jim Harbaugh announced Wednesday (Jan. 13) the hiring of former Wolverine running back Mike Hart as the program's running back mentor. "

Sigh.

Thanks for posting that. Makes me want to take a Fred Glass and Scott Dolson Dump, brought to you by Smithville Communications.

Have you stopped to consider that the need to constantly explain your posts is related to your writing skills? Take your time, think about what you want to say and present it in a coherent manner. Friendly advice, no charge.

When I lived in Massachusetts, every article about Atlanta Braves pitcher Tom Glavine, even in the Boston Globe, would begin with "Former Billerica High School baseball star Tommy Glavine..."
Ha,ha.....figured it would be former hockey star.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT