ADVERTISEMENT

Since Crean's class is 6th, do we need to adjust

Tegray1

Senior
Sep 18, 2015
CAM expectations? If Crean is in the tournament next year since he has the 6th rated recruiting class are we then going to just adjust our expectations. Because Fred wanted Indiana kids, we have plenty of those now. It seems like many of you are blaming Romeo and lower CAM's expectations. I really thought OG got hurt in Crean's last year but is that only an excuse for CAM.

Reactions: cryano
How is this even possible. How does the coach at IU basically go from having to recruit guys like Grant Gelon, Clifton Moore, Al Durham etc, to having the 6th ranked class next year. That absolutely makes no sense.

Crean has a looong way's to go to get the Bulldogs anywhere next year..Remember those kids are freshmen...Georgia was pretty pathetic..2 conference wins ..11 /total..
Georgia will be very good next year, I don't know if you didn't watch them but Claxton is an absolute stud in the mold of a Kevin Garnett.

2 of Creans last 10 games included a 4 point loss to LSU and a 3 point lost to Auburn, you know Auburn that won the SEC tourney. He will be good next year.

Archie's team scored under 60 points in 6 games this year. I really wouldn't criticize anyone's offense buddy.

Wait until game situations when the defense falters and Crean tells the offense to play faster. Clap Clap clap clap

This isn't a good thing. We were 0-6 in the 6 games we scored less that 60 points in. It shouldn't be a goal unless you are trying to lose and up your defensive stats.

Fair. My failed veiled attempt was simply that there are stark differences between the two coaches. My belief is that defense travels more so than offense

This isn't a good thing. We were 0-6 in the 6 games we scored less that 60 points in. It shouldn't be a goal unless you are trying to lose and up your defensive stats.
a significant reason for the low scoring is the fact this team can't shoot

How is this even possible. How does the coach at IU basically go from having to recruit guys like Grant Gelon, Clifton Moore, Al Durham etc, to having the 6th ranked class next year. That absolutely makes no sense.

He had been exposed. He can only BS people for so long. Indiana had him figured out. Georgia will get there in a few years.

Reactions: IUgradman
Yeah. Blame the players because the coach can't coach offense. Crean's players couldn't guard so that's the players fault? You can't have it both ways. Devonte magically improved as a shooter when he finally started to catch and shoot instead of shooting off the dribble.

a significant reason for the low scoring is the fact this team can't shoot

CAM expectations? If Crean is in the tournament next year since he has the 6th rated recruiting class are we then going to just adjust our expectations. Because Fred wanted Indiana kids, we have plenty of those now. It seems like many of you are blaming Romeo and lower CAM's expectations. I really thought OG got hurt in Crean's last year but is that only an excuse for CAM.
I really want Crean back. So much better than The Dwarf.

Georgia will be very good next year, I don't know if you didn't watch them but Claxton is an absolute stud in the mold of a Kevin Garnett.

Seriously, are you a bit "touched" as it were? Is LSD a large part of your life? When you talk to inanimate objects, do they talk back or do you provide the voices for all things with which you interact?

Simply put, if the guy was an "absolute stud in the mold of Kevin Garnett" he would've been an OAD after his freshman season. He surely would be declaring for the NBA draft after this, his sophomore season. The kid is a nice player, but 13 pts, 9 rebs and 2 blks on a team that only won a third of their games and had one other player in double figures is not an "absolute stud in the mold of Kevin Garnett". At the same age, Garnett was averaging 17 pts, 8 rebs, 3 assts, 2 blks in the NBA.

Stop posting stupid shit.

Why would a #1 recruit go to a school that finished next to last in their conference and way below .500? Maybe because they are wanting to get done with college as early as possible to start focusing on the draft. He can put up big numbers and be done playing in early March. He can drop out of schoo, sign an agent and start getting paid.

1524957836955.gif

Georgia has a lot of talent in the state and there is less instate competition for it. Georgia Tech is a non-factor. I think it is easier to recruit to Athens. Georgia is a big budget athletics department that actually wants to win at a high level.

Reactions: gmhowes
2 of Creans last 10 games included a 4 point loss to LSU and a 3 point lost to Auburn, you know Auburn that won the SEC tourney. He will be good next year.

2 of Miller’s last 10 regular season games were WINS over MSU, you know the MSU that won the BT season and tourney championships.

Also, if anyone here tried to defend Miller based on close losses, you’d be all over them calling them morons.

Seriously, are you a bit "touched" as it were? Is LSD a large part of your life? When you talk to inanimate objects, do they talk back or do you provide the voices for all things with which you interact?

Simply put, if the guy was an "absolute stud in the mold of Kevin Garnett" he would've been an OAD after his freshman season. He surely would be declaring for the NBA draft after this, his sophomore season. The kid is a nice player, but 13 pts, 9 rebs and 2 blks on a team that only won a third of their games and had one other player in double figures is not an "absolute stud in the mold of Kevin Garnett". At the same age, Garnett was averaging 17 pts, 8 rebs, 3 assts, 2 blks in the NBA.

Stop posting stupid shit.
He's good ok Claxton is very, very, very good and Georgia will have a better record than IU next year, I'm sorry you don't like facts.

2 of Miller’s last 10 regular season games were WINS over MSU, you know the MSU that won the BT season and tourney championships.

Also, if anyone here tried to defend Miller based on close losses, you’d be all over them calling them morons.
OK obviously next year is a huge year for both coaches, I'm just telling you Georgia will have a better record than IU next year.

He's good ok Claxton is very, very, very good and Georgia will have a better record than IU next year, I'm sorry you don't like facts.

Nothing you posted is a fact. Claxton being very, very, very (x3...?) good is subjective and Georgia having a better record next year hasn't happened yet. It could happen and then it would become a fact. But right now it's just more of your blathering nonsense.

Who else are you going to post as today...?

Yeah. Blame the players because the coach can't coach offense. Crean's players couldn't guard so that's the players fault? You can't have it both ways.

The kind of defense that's sustaining isn't about individual players. IU had some good individual defenders during Crean's tenure, but that didn't translate to good team defense, from year-to-year, with the right positioning, rotation, and communication.

Archie's current team is ranked 30th in Kenpom's defense metric. Crean had exactly one team ranked better (19th) defensively during his IU tenure--the 2013 squad with lottery picks. Two years later his team was ranked 200th(!) in the Kenpom defense metric.

Wait until game situations when the defense falters and Crean tells the offense to play faster. Clap Clap clap clap
Turnover Tom's system is flawed in a few years he stops getting good recruits, fails to make tournament, pulls up his pants, and moves on to another sucker school. CAM's system is sound and wins over time, Crean is all flash and no substance. CAM is a better coach than Crean.

Last edited:
Georgia has a lot of talent in the state and there is less instate competition for it. Georgia Tech is a non-factor. I think it is easier to recruit to Athens. Georgia is a big budget athletics department that actually wants to win at a high level.
So help me out here. You were upset that we fired Crean I assume. Otherwise, your entire post is hypocritical. Because if hiring Tom Crean is indicative of a commitment to winning at a high level, we should have kept him here by that reasoning. So you are a fan of Tom Crean and upset that IU fired him.

I could have sworn that I saw multiple posts by you advocating for IU to fire Tom Crean. I must have you confused with some other poster.

Tom Crean couldn't get the most talented team in the country past the sweet 16 because he didn't have a clue how to attack a 2-3 zone. Crean couldn't beat anybody who had equal or better talent. But now he's going to kick ass in a league that features UK, UT, LSU, and Auburn - all of whom are high seeds in the NCAAT.

You are a child who just wants anything other than what it has and operates entirely on emotion.

Turnover Tom's system is flawed in a few years he stops getting good recruits, fails to make tournament, pulls up his pants, and moves on to another sucker school. CAM's sysyem is sound and wins over time, Crean is all flash and no substance. CAM is a better coach than Crean.
I remember where I was when I heard Crean talking about changing defenses DURING a possession. It explained a lot. He was discussing how he simplified the defense after JBJ's injury and how it helped the defense.

No kidding!

Reactions: darkhawk returns
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT