ADVERTISEMENT

Simmie Cobbs?

So he failed to identify himself and resisted arrested yet committed no other chargeable offense? lol, ok bro. Also, this is not a black white thing this is how cops treat everyone like crap just that white folks get off on it even when done to other white folks.

The thing that is not passing the smell test right now is that the Resisting charge was not added until noon the next day, so either he was confrontational on Sumday or that one is likely coming off.

Given what little we know...this could be serious or a bit if a screw up by Nobletuckey police.

i know a young girl arrested for resisting for simply not "freezing immediately" on demand. I also know a young man that was underage drinking at a tailgate and excise tried to detain 10 kids at same time and he kept walking prompting excise to tackle him and charge with resisting and battery. Sometimes police make irrational decisions too.
How about the full story...what was the young girl doing that would cause a police officer to want her to stop immediately (freeze)? Normal social behavior never gets a "freeze!" from police authority. Regarding the young man who didn't follow police orders to remain detained, in this day and age he is lucky he was only charged with resisting and battery. Unlucky ones are shot to death. He probably got the battery charge for struggling when they had to physically detain him when he chose to ignore their verbal commands. I don't feel sorry for him. I see the young man making irrational decisions, not the police. They were doing their jobs like they are supposed to.

How about the full story...what was the young girl doing that would cause a police officer to want her to stop immediately (freeze)? Normal social behavior never gets a "freeze!" from police authority. Regarding the young man who didn't follow police orders to remain detained, in this day and age he is lucky he was only charged with resisting and battery. Unlucky ones are shot to death. He probably got the battery charge for struggling when they had to physically detain him when he chose to ignore their verbal commands. I don't feel sorry for him. I see the young man making irrational decisions, not the police. They were doing their jobs like they are supposed to.

Lets be honest. You wouldnt care if that girl was shot or tased. Some of you people who worship and demeaned other men to take a daddy role in their lives just baffles me.

Lets be honest. You wouldnt care if that girl was shot or tased. Some of you people who worship and demeaned other men to take a daddy role in their lives just baffles me.
The only thing baffling is your rebuttal to my post. My point was, if a person does as police authority command, that person doesn't have to worry about being either tasered or shot.Your comment of "You people worshipping and demeaning other men to take a daddy role in their lives" baffles me to no end. Please expound on your point of contention.

The only thing baffling is your rebuttal to my post. My point was, if a person does as police authority command, that person doesn't have to worry about being either tasered or shot.

What exactly did the lady in MN do then? Be aware that lots of cops are crooked. Many are stupid. They screw up regularly. They all protect each other as well. The mindset that I take in all interactions with police is that they can shoot me.

Reactions: td75
What exactly did the lady in MN do then? Be aware that lots of cops are crooked. Many are stupid. They screw up regularly. They all protect each other as well. The mindset that I take in all interactions with police is that they can shoot me.
But the vast majority of people in Cobbs' position are there for a very basic reason: They violated the law and / or disobeyed the commands of law enforcement. Either way, their stupidity shouldn't be excused or celebrated.

In answer to your question, that is why I said we need to know the rest of the story. What were the kids doing that necessitated cops to yell, "Freeze!"? Why didn't the young lady freeze like we assume others did? Was it because intoxication impaired her best judgment? If others had your same mindset when it comes to police, everyone would be safer. How difficult is that to understand? Beware that lots of non-cops are crooked, many are stupid and screw up regularly. It would be a hell of a lot better world if not so, plus we wouldn't need to be forgiven by You-know-who!

In answer to your question, that is why I said we need to know the rest of the story. What were the kids doing that necessitated cops to yell, "Freeze!"? Why didn't the young lady freeze like we assume others did? Was it because intoxication impaired her best judgment? If others had your same mindset when it comes to police, everyone would be safer. How difficult is that to understand? Beware that lots of non-cops are crooked, many are stupid and screw up regularly. It would be a hell of a lot better world if not so, plus we wouldn't need to be forgiven by You-know-who!

Huh??? The woman in MN that was just murdered by the police is all I asked about. I have no clue what you're babbling about.

Huh??? The woman in MN that was just murdered by the police is all I asked about. I have no clue what you're babbling about.
Well then, to have a clue please read my response to awaHoosier's third paragraph of "a couple unrelated facts", followed by my response to sparkeyreturns odd comment. My comment to your comment about my comment to sparkeyreturns referred only your comment about crooked cops and such, not about another situation in MN. That is what I was babbling about, just to set the record to read clear as mud. I did see where you are new here so I will give you some understanding until you've obtained a little more seasoning.

Well then, to have a clue please read my response to awaHoosier's third paragraph of "a couple unrelated facts", followed by my response to sparkeyreturns odd comment. My comment to your comment about my comment to sparkeyreturns referred only your comment about crooked cops and such, not about another situation in MN. That is what I was babbling about, just to set the record to read clear as mud. I did see where you are new here so I will give you some understanding until you've obtained a little more seasoning.

Haha. OK. "My comment to your comment about my comment to sparkeyreturns referred only your comment" I'm cracking up. :D

Also, I've been here for many, many years. Got booted and had to start up a new account.

Reactions: abraxis
This is incredibly ignorant.

Which part? Be specific.
Every single sentence.

Lots of cops are crooked? This is just ignorant. 99% are very good people.

Many are stupid? Completely false.

They can walk around shooting people for no reason? Again...a complete fabrication of the truth. Many cops might fire their weapon only a handful of times in their entire 30 year career.

The media preys on ignorant people like you to sell stories. And you're taking it hook, line and sinker. I know many cops personally and they're very good people doing an extremely tough job. But keep blindly following the media all you want. They make a lot of money off people like you. That's an actual fact.

Maybe, but then again, it all depends on your perspective and many times an individuals own experiences.
You mean like perspective and "experience" gained from what you see and hear on the nightly liberally biased news media? The news media and then President Obama wanted everyone to think our police authority has it out for black people because of the color of their skin. There is a sickness of thought amongst our society, preying on the more gullible ones who seem to thrive on being agitated. It comes to a head every four years, leading up to the election. Don't be fooled again, Fool.

The US media provides a product to its viewers. Very little news actually gets discussed on any of the channels.
MSNBC Execs - Know their audience / provide what they expect.
FOX Execs - Know their audience / provide what they expect.
CNN Execs - Know their audience / provide what they expect.
I have a family friend (VP at FOX) who described the marketing they get. It's very cool and very detailed. They all cater a message.
I watch all three and get a kick out of it. I just don't use any of their nonsense to form opinions or make voting decisions.
Now lets get back to sports. - Go Hoosiers!

Reactions: YOTHN
Every single sentence.

Lots of cops are crooked? This is just ignorant. 99% are very good people.

Many are stupid? Completely false.

They can walk around shooting people for no reason? Again...a complete fabrication of the truth. Many cops might fire their weapon only a handful of times in their entire 30 year career.

The media preys on ignorant people like you to sell stories. And you're taking it hook, line and sinker. I know many cops personally and they're very good people doing an extremely tough job. But keep blindly following the media all you want. They make a lot of money off people like you. That's an actual fact.

Hahahaha! You are totally clueless yet you act like you have all the answers. Hilarious. 99% of ANY group of humans, pick the profession, are not even close to being "very good people". Do you also believe in unicorns and rainbows?

Many are stupid. In fact, most humans are stupid. The cream of the crop of society is most certainly not going into law enforcement for their career. I again wonder how naive you are and if you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster or not?

I never said they can walk around shooting people for no reason. That's a lie by you because you didn't have anything to be specific about. Typical for someone like you to try and project and make shnitt up since your narrative is already so flawed.

The media didn't shoot an Australian lady in MN. The media didn't plant drugs when their body camer was on in Baltimore. The media didn't make a cop shoot a child, Tamir Rice, just seconds after parking their car when he only had a toy gun. The media didn't make the serial rapist cop in OK use his position to rape minority and economically challenged women.

The dirty cops get protected by the regular cops, which makes them dirty too. The cop that doesn't turn in a dirty cop is just as bad as the dirty cop.

The police prey on ignorant people like you to sell their 'we're all good guys with a really tough job" story. And you're taking it hook, line and sinker. I know many cops personally and they're just ok at best people doing an extremely tough job. But keep blindly following the police are great narrative all you want. They make a lot of money off people like you. That's an actual fact.

Last edited:
Reactions: travlinhoosier
You mean like perspective and "experience" gained from what you see and hear on the nightly liberally biased news media? The news media and then President Obama wanted everyone to think our police authority has it out for black people because of the color of their skin. There is a sickness of thought amongst our society, preying on the more gullible ones who seem to thrive on being agitated. It comes to a head every four years, leading up to the election. Don't be fooled again, Fool.

Your bias is showing. Again. Hilarious that you think you're the one that has it all figured out and that you aren't being fleeced by the right wing media you ingest all day long. Also funny how you project all your shortcomings in others. The sickness of thought is that the police can continue to shoot people and never get convicted because they "feared for their lives". Snowflakes

Please do not be another internet moron tough guy as I am sure f2f u wld run like a mouse. The media appears to have much less of an effect on me than you since u jumped on YOUR excuse like a six year old child. I was talking about real personal experience, which it appears yours only comes from soundbites "fool" . Now go to bed and have some sweet dreams Nancy.

The US media provides a product to its viewers. Very little news actually gets discussed on any of the channels.
MSNBC Execs - Know their audience / provide what they expect.
FOX Execs - Know their audience / provide what they expect.
CNN Execs - Know their audience / provide what they expect.
I have a family friend (VP at FOX) who described the marketing they get. It's very cool and very detailed. They all cater a message.
I watch all three and get a kick out of it. I just don't use any of their nonsense to form opinions or make voting decisions.
Now lets get back to sports. - Go Hoosiers!

This is spot on. Anyone that listens to FOX and MSNBC without understanding the strategic bias each has deeply established is not doing themselves any favors. These are entertainment companies playing to an audience.

Back to sports.

Reactions: ESalum86 and YOTHN

I was 100% with you until you started pointing blame to liberal media. It has nothing to do with liberal media. Most of the time its merely video being shot by civilians and that is then being played across ALL media forums. Everyone makes their own opinion. The recent uprising of videos has done a good job of helping ALL cops think a little bit harder about the steps their making as they progress towards lethal force options. It's actually been really good for everyone. I don't think cops are getting a bad wrap from most, only those who have and will always have something against authority. For those people, nothing will change that.

Lastly, I will say this. For the cops who get frustrated, they have to understand that the job they are doing is truly a selfless one. It's why we often praise it so highly. It's not for the faint of heart or the non-brave. It's incredibly dangerous and courageous. It's a weird place in society where the authority actually works for the citizens who they are regulating. There has to be that common understanding and although there is 99.9999999% greatness performed by our men in blue, these video "audits" are actually great tools all can continue to learn and grow from. I know there are a lot of people who disrespect cops but it has nothing to do with how the media taints their opinion. I have seen great videos of cops on all news stations doing amazing things. Was that the liberal media tainting peoples points of view?

This is spot on. Anyone that listens to FOX and MSNBC without understanding the strategic bias each has deeply established is not doing themselves any favors. These are entertainment companies playing to an audience.

Back to sports.

I fully agree with you both! Its the reason I watch all of them because somewhere in between lies the real story. ha

I love how you act like you have absolutely no bias at all. You're so obnoxiously ignorant on a number of subjects and you walk around like everyone should bow to your worldview. If you sit around watching MSNBC all day, it's going to affect your viewpoint. If you sit around watching Fox all day, it's going to affect your viewpoint.

Oh and why don't you tell us again how it's OK to go up and grab women by the butt because secretly they really like it? That may be my favorite bit of "wisdom" that you have shared with us, professor.

The only thing I've ever seen on here that was worse was when some moron on the water cooler repeatedly said that women should not have the right to vote because they're too emotional.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT