ADVERTISEMENT

SIGH, yeah, another coach candidate post

Jayhoosier83

Junior
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2017
I know we're all getting worn out with these coaching candidate discussions, but here's another one. Scott Nagy from Wright St. He has a 240-111 record over the last 10 years (5 at South Dakota St, 5 at Wright St, 24-11 average over that time) and his teams have finished the regular season either 1st or 2nd in the conference in 9 of the last 10 years. He hasn't had a losing record (conference or overall) since the 2009-10 season, and has had his teams in the postseason in 7 (would be 8 if not for COVID) of those 10 years. He's a little older (54 years old) and was an assistant at Illinois under Lou Henson from 1988-90. I'm sure some people would say one knock against him is that he's never made a deep run in the NCAA tournament.

I know we're all getting worn out with these coaching candidate discussions, but here's another one. Scott Nagy from Wright St. He has a 240-111 record over the last 10 years (5 at South Dakota St, 5 at Wright St, 24-11 average over that time) and his teams have finished the regular season either 1st or 2nd in the conference in 9 of the last 10 years. He hasn't had a losing record (conference or overall) since the 2009-10 season, and has had his teams in the postseason in 7 (would be 8 if not for COVID) of those 10 years. He's a little older (54 years old) and was an assistant at Illinois under Lou Henson from 1988-90. I'm sure some people would say one knock against him is that he's never made a deep run in the NCAA tournament.

while we’re at it, Brian Wardel from Bradley. He won back to back MVC tourneys in 2019, 2020

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT