ADVERTISEMENT

Sideline demeanor

bang63

Junior
Gold Member
Nov 22, 2011
Am I the only one that thinks TA'S game time actions are beneath what a head coach should be doing? Let the assistants clap, rant and cheer lead, I want my HC to be cool and calculating. I want him to coach like he's playing chess, think 3 or 4 plays ahead not being over emotional to the point he loses track of what's happening.

Am I the only one that thinks TA'S game time actions are beneath what a head coach should be doing? Let the assistants clap, rant and cheer lead, I want my HC to be cool and calculating. I want him to coach like he's playing chess, think 3 or 4 plays ahead not being over emotional to the point he loses track of what's happening.
It's who he is.

I do not care what his demeanor is. Maybe even like the emotion. But the boneheaded in game decisions have to stop

When Tennessee kicked the onside kick he wasn’t even paying attention to the situation because he was planning his post game victory speech in his head. He was so proud of himself for the pregame speech that he was thinking of how to top it

Reactions: bang63
When Tennessee kicked the onside kick he wasn’t even paying attention to the situation because he was planning his post game victory speech in his head. He was so proud of himself for the pregame speech that he was thinking of how to top it
No soup for you!

My HC just won 8 games and had a winning record in conference play, the first time that's happened at IU in an effing generation. If he keeps winning, I don't care if he does handstands, cartwheels or moons the other team.

My HC just won 8 games and had a winning record in conference play, the first time that's happened at IU in an effing generation. If he keeps winning, I don't care if he does handstands, cartwheels or moons the other team.
Can someone please name a successful coach at this level or higher who acts like the head cheerleader?

Great 8 win season but let's see what he can do without Deboer. The defense might be young but they were still terrible.

Reactions: bang63
I don’t see why folks blame Womack. I think the defense has been pretty good all year. What I noticed is that tackling has been the best since I can remember. The secondary is tough. Overall they played tough and nasty.

what I hated last night was going prevent at the end and letting go of the chokehold they had.

Reactions: iulb
Can someone please name a successful coach at this level or higher who acts like the head cheerleader?

Great 8 win season but let's see what he can do without Deboer. The defense might be young but they were still terrible.

He could act like the basketball coach, ultra cool and chomping on gum, while chaos ensues.

I don’t think that the demeanor hurts the team as much as it helps.

He could be Lovie Smith - a walking corpse.

I’m not a fan of the rah rah stuff either. That’s bc of Knight. And Kipling. I just think it’s distracting.

CTA is excitable, but I don't think the ranting pre-game speeches come off as genuine.....that looks more like Brohm & Holt. He needs to be himself.

Reactions: BayernFan
My observation is that the best coaches at most levels are very calm. Some of the hyper/quirky ones can recruit though, which covers a multitude of sins (we had one of those recently).

Reactions: BayernFan
He could act like the basketball coach, ultra cool and chomping on gum, while chaos ensues.

I don’t think that the demeanor hurts the team as much as it helps.

He could be Lovie Smith - a walking corpse.

Agree 100%, I don't necessarily agree with some of his poor coaching (not taking time out before half & poor prep. for onside kick) but I like his enthusiasm . Much better than CAM who appears at times like a deer in headlights, or flat affect after blowing an 11 point lead in last 6 min. To me that's much more disturbing than an overly excited football coach

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT