ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP Anyone notice Pechac moved to DB?

Indianaftw

All-American
Jul 26, 2017
I was wondering why I had not heard his name in reference to RB's. Maybe a good move, not sure but thought he might rear his head some day and surprise everyone at his original position. Brings great depth to a position we seem to be improving at...

Reactions: vesuvius13
I hadn't seen anything on that move but hope he can find his place on defense.

Reactions: 76-1
In his red-shirt year last year he played on special teams vs. PSU, PU and Maryland. He could be a major special teams piece this year, and this move to the defense side could benefit him (e.g., more confident open-field tackling) in that role.
I'm pretty sure CTA will not abide another year of special teams play like he had his first two years. Now that he has liberated himself from DC duties, he will have more time to focus on special teams, among other areas. This move with Pechac could be an example of how he is addressing special teams issues.

Last edited:
I was wondering why I had not heard his name in reference to RB's. Maybe a good move, not sure but thought he might rear his head some day and surprise everyone at his original position. Brings great depth to a position we seem to be improving at...
Are you sure? I just read a couple days ago about his role at RB...

I like this move.

It's clear that Allen is building a secondary that he not only expects to take the ball away from the Offense but to find a way to score with it once they get it.

Great Defenses have great athletes who could play on either side of the ball if asked... We're getting there slowly but surely...

I read in another thread that he has elected to retire from the IU program. That is too bad, but I have no insights as to what the circumstances are.

I read in another thread that he has elected to retire from the IU program. That is too bad, but I have no insights as to what the circumstances are.

He was #7 in a 4-5 man rotation at RB with almost zero chance of a path to PT at his preferred position. He was offered a chance to try play on D and evidently has decided not to pursue it... Maybe there are injuries involved too, who knows... I hope everything works out for him and he has a great life going forward.

Reactions: ESalum86
ADVERTISEMENT