ADVERTISEMENT

Should there have been a delay of game on the long quarterback run that sealed the game?

kraft cheese+macaroni

Hall of Famer
Jul 21, 2010
I swear to all that is important to me that the play clock at zero before they snap the ball on that play.

Also, WTF was Alan doing calling time out on first and go with the 1 yard line? At the time it looks like we might need that time out later in the game, but obviously that didn’t prove to be the case.

And then, we were running the ball somewhat effectively and started off with a 5 yard run on first down and then threw a low percentage pass down field on second and five and of course we have no chance of making a first down on third and five, so we went three and out on our first drive of the second half as a result. New offensive coordinator . Same questionable playcalling.

I swear to all that is important to me that the play clock at zero before they snap the ball on that play.

Also, WTF was Alan doing calling time out on first and go with the 1 yard line? At the time it looks like we might need that time out later in the game, but obviously that didn’t prove to be the case.

And then, we were running the ball somewhat effectively and started off with a 5 yard run on first down and then threw a low percentage pass down field on second and five and of course we have no chance of making a first down on third and five, so we went three and out on our first drive of the second half as a result. New offensive coordinator . Same questionable playcalling.
I had the same question about the timeout while watching it. Why burn one early when it’s first and goal from the 1? Playing the percentages, a running team like Rutgers is gonna put it in from there.

I also questioned why a timeout wasn’t called on the blocked punt. They were so obviously coming for it and the guys looked uncertain (although CTA claims the pre snap movement was a check process). Would’ve been nice to see one there.

Reactions: midwolfe and IU73
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT