ADVERTISEMENT

Should Ted Nugent be in the Rock Hall of Fame?

Ted peaked early with JTTCOTM.

everything else he did sucked.

JTTCOTM was f'ing great though.

btw, all bands should have go go girls like these.

Yes he should

He probably won't because of his politics
He won't because his music is very average, he had no longevity, & pretty much zero musical range or innovation, not to mention a limited audience. His politics have nothing to do with it, but I do think he is a becoming a bitter old man, but that seems to be all the rage these days.

Reactions: RBB89
Google says he has sold 30 million albums. I am unfamiliar with the criteria of what it takes to make the Hall. From my perspective 30 million sounds like a lot.
IMG_9335.jpg

Yes he should

He probably won't because of his politics
Ted Nugent is, without a doubt , a gigantic asshole. But there are plenty of assholes out there. Please justify his inclusion, musically, into the Hall of Fame. Specifically.

Ted Nugent is, without a doubt , a gigantic asshole. But there are plenty of assholes out there. Please justify his inclusion, musically, into the Hall of Fame. Specifically.

I saw him get booed mercilessly years ago at Ribfest when he started spouting off about how great Bush was and how much he loved the Iraq war. He was awful on top of that so it was a combination of the two things that led to the booing.

No way. Consider that The Moody Blues,The Cars, Jethro Tull, and Doobie Brothers are not in. I think Bon Jovi might not be in also but i am not sure on that one.

The Moody Blues were pioneers, have sold 70 plus million records, and played larger venues for close to 50 yrs.

how are they not in?

Reactions: largemouth
He specifically sucks. Remember the kid in HS that drew veiny boners on his notebooks and thought it was provocative and original.

Well that kid grew up and wrote Cat Scratch Fever.

His rhythms aren't bad though nothing to warrant inclusion into HOF. His leads are novice at best. His arrangements non existent. His lyrics and compositions are laughably idiotic and childish. If Ted wants to clean shitters he should be allowed in, but for no other reason.

fwiw - The HOF is a joke.Not very many people in it played Rock n Roll, just the 50's guys. And they let anyone in it seems. It's nothing but a dog and pony show and a popularity contest. They need to tear it down and start over. and make it highly exclusive. The American Music HOF should only have 100 or less in it.

Reactions: 13thman and RBB89
The Moody Blues were pioneers, have sold 70 plus million records, and played larger venues for close to 50 yrs.

how are they not in?

By "pioneers" you mean they rode in wagons on the Oregon Trail, right? Because they sure in the fk, didn't innovate or create anything musically original or change the recording process.

Pinder was an innovator, not much, but whatever, he helped work on a synth so we'll give him credit. Anything claimed as being their creation (except the particular synth) someone else did before them and many did better.

Have to add - all of them were very proficient and talented musicians, and someone was an exceptional arranger but not anything glaringly worthy of awards. They just wrote really boring pretentious crap. They certainly aren't called out by their peers.... neither was Ted.

Moody Blues> Tad Nugget.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Words have meanings, you get that right? You can't just call someone a pioneer unless they actually did something pioneering. Oh wait, you're a Trumptard... lol ... carry on.

Last edited:
Google says he has sold 30 million albums. I am unfamiliar with the criteria of what it takes to make the Hall. From my perspective 30 million sounds like a lot.
LOL your ability to say stupid things is unmatched by any Earthly being. If there were an imbecile HOF you would easily be the first inductee.

Reactions: RBB89
By "pioneers" you mean they rode in wagons on the Oregon Trail, right? Because they sure in the fk, didn't innovate or create anything musically original or change the recording process.

Pinder was an innovator, not much, but whatever, he helped work on a synth so we'll give him credit. Anything claimed as being their creation (except the particular synth) someone else did before them and many did better.

Have to add - all of them were very proficient and talented musicians, and someone was an exceptional arranger but not anything glaringly worthy of awards. They just wrote really boring pretentious crap. They certainly aren't called out by their peers.... neither was Ted.

Moody Blues> Tad Nugget.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Words have meanings, you get that right? You can't just call someone a pioneer unless they actually did something pioneering. Oh wait, you're a Trumptard... lol ... carry on.

i see your "irregularity" is back.

must suck for everyone around you.

He won't because his music is very average, he had no longevity, & pretty much zero musical range or innovation, not to mention a limited audience. His politics have nothing to do with it, but I do think he is a becoming a bitter old man, but that seems to be all the rage these days.
He has been around for a long time. He just hasn't done much since people listened to his music on 8-track tapes. He still performs. He should be way down the list of potential inductees. I doubt he cares.

Nope. But in fairness to Ted, there are a chitload of inductees who don't belong, IMHO.

McHoop

So which of the HOF inductees do you think are not deserving?

I noticed a few myself like Blondie and Talking Heads. I know Sex Pistols were quite the rage but i do not see them as great musicians and they certainly did not last long.

He specifically sucks. Remember the kid in HS that drew veiny boners on his notebooks and thought it was provocative and original.

Well that kid grew up and wrote Cat Scratch Fever.

His rhythms aren't bad though nothing to warrant inclusion into HOF. His leads are novice at best. His arrangements non existent. His lyrics and compositions are laughably idiotic and childish. If Ted wants to clean shitters he should be allowed in, but for no other reason.

fwiw - The HOF is a joke.Not very many people in it played Rock n Roll, just the 50's guys. And they let anyone in it seems. It's nothing but a dog and pony show and a popularity contest. They need to tear it down and start over. and make it highly exclusive. The American Music HOF should only have 100 or less in it.
I was reading through the list of inductees and found it puzzling. I realize rock n roll covers a wide genre but I never thought it to be that wide. For instance, artists like Areatha and Tupac belong in some museum but rock n roll?

I was reading through the list of inductees and found it puzzling. I realize rock n roll covers a wide genre but I never thought it to be that wide. For instance, artists like Areatha and Tupac belong in some museum but rock n roll?

yes, the list does go outside of just rock.

since that's already the case, and since i know of no major "Music HOF" in the US, i would have no problem with expanding it more.

add some other categories as well to it.

Sinatra, Glenn Miller, Benny Goodman, Rogers and Hammerstein, Irving Berlin, Judy Garland, Pavarotti, Beethoven, Mozart, and many others, all have HOF greatness.

by expanding the criteria to include all music would let in a lot of major mega stars, rather than just expanding the list into more and more fringe level names just because they have some six degrees of separation connection to rock.

on a side note, no idea why the lack of respect for the Prog Rockers.

Moody Blues, Tull, Kansas, Crimson, etc, have huge followings and are major names in rock, yet dissed.

while some guy no one ever heard of gets in.

not saying a little known isn't deserving, but why exclude major names because someone at the hall doesn't like the prog rockers.

for full disclosure, outside of the Moodies, (and whether they fall into the category is open), i'm not a huge prog rock fan.. but i know a lot of people who are/were, who are fanatical music fans.

"your are an idiot"?? They don't teach you very good English at Communist Camp do they? Actually I do apologize because I get frustrated with grammar police. I have become what I despise. So Zizkov, what do you think is the proper criteria by which a person should be inducted into the Hall?

Ziz and Goat and a couple others are probably the only other people in this thread that actually understand the basic fundamentals of music. Most of you, especially the slacked jawed hillbillies, (you know who you are) show a moronic understanding of what you "like" and couldn't tell if something was well played or well written to save your dumb genetically lacking asses.

The reasoning shown by most equals "I like so therefore it's good". Dunning Kruger in full effect. If you can't even tune an instrument, you have no opinion other than your emotion. You have no knowledge or experience in the matter so STFU. All you can state is what you like, which any Justin Bieber fan can do as well.

You especially need to shut your fact free pie hole and stick to spewing ridiculous 3000 year old myths to your flock of imbecilic superstitious morons.

First ballot Imbecile Hall of Fame Inductee.. lol ...

What a bunch of dumb fks..

Last edited:
Ziz and Goat and a couple others are probably the only other people in this thread that actually understand the basic fundamentals of music. Most of you, especially the slacked jawed hillbillies, (you know who you are) show a moronic understanding of what you "like" and couldn't tell if something was well played or well written to save your dumb genetically lacking asses.

The reasoning shown by most equals "I like so therefore it's good". Dunning Kruger in full effect. If you can't even tune an instrument, you have no opinion other than your emotion. You have no knowledge or experience in the matter so STFU. All you can state is what you like, which any Justin Bieber fan can do as well.

You especially need to shut your fact free pie hole and stick to spewing ridiculous 3000 year old myths to your flock of imbecilic superstitious morons.

First ballot Imbecile Hall of Fame Inductee.. lol ...

What a bunch of dumb fks..

"All you can state is what you like, which any Justin Bieber fan can do as well".
--------------------------------------------------------------------

that's all anyone can do.

music can't be judged objectively by anyone, because it's an art form, not something that has any objective way of measuring.

and who's to say a Bieber fan's opinion is any less relevant than an opinion of a Beethoven fan, or a King Crimson fan, or a Miles Davis fan?

instrumental skill is just that, a physical skill. it's not musical what so ever in of itself, only what's done with it can be.

and what's done with it isn't objective, nor can it ever be. it's strictly subjective.

get over yourself, you're the most clueless one in the thread on the subject, being that you're the one here who doesn't even grasp the very essence of what music is.

"All you can state is what you like, which any Justin Bieber fan can do as well".
--------------------------------------------------------------------

that's all anyone can do.

music can't be judged objectively by anyone, because it's an art form, not something that has any objective way of measuring.

and who's to say a Bieber fan's opinion is any less relevant than an opinion of a Beethoven fan, or a King Crimson fan, or a Miles Davis fan?

instrumental skill is just that, a physical skill. it's not musical what so ever in of itself, only what's done with it can be.

and what's done with it isn't objective, nor can it ever be. it's strictly subjective.

get over yourself, you're the most clueless one in the thread on the subject, being that you're the one here who doesn't even grasp the very essence of what music is.
I'll say it -- a Bieber fan's opinion is less relevant than an opinion of a Beethoven fan, or a King Crimson fan, or a Miles Davis fan.

Well, you asked....

Yes

It's the Rock and Roll Hall of FAME.

No "Hall of Fame" is specifically about the accomplishments in said field, it's about name recognition.
FWIW, 30 million records sold is an abysmally small number compared to other HOF inductees. Just by way of reference, the 2017 inductees:
ELO - 50+ million
Journey - 75+ million
Pearl Jam - 60+ million
Tupac - 75+ million

I can't find reliable numbers for Joan Baez and Yes, but based on number of gold and platinum records, they probably both topped 30 million easily.

ADVERTISEMENT