ADVERTISEMENT

Should prostitution be legalized?

But you didn't just take a swipe at TMP. If that's all you'd done, I would have flown right past it. Instead you added a dig at liberals in the thread, a dig I might add which did not accurately reflect any post by any actual liberal.

I took a dig at those who were saying yes. Most of then were liberal at the time I made my post (outside of Twenty02) and in the context of TMP's post the swipe was mostly at him.

I did not say all liberals, I did not say all liberals in the thread. I was pretty specific about who I was talking about. Now you on the other hand took a swipe at religious conservatives liking hookers, so....you said something because I slapped back or what?

I took a dig at those who were saying yes. Most of then were liberal at the time I made my post (outside of Twenty02) and in the context of TMP's post the swipe was mostly at him.

I did not say all liberals, I did not say all liberals in the thread. I was pretty specific about who I was talking about. Now you on the other hand took a swipe at religious conservatives liking hookers, so....you said something because I slapped back or what?
You conveniently ignored the part where I pointed out your dig didn't actual reflect the reality of what people said. This was your original dig at the liberals:

"Funny, look at the majority of the guys on this thread celebrating that type of decision like it is their one and only chance to have a sexual relationship with a female."

Aside from the fact that there is no decision to celebrate, only an opinion about what policy should be, there was no one "celebrating" anything like it represented "their one and only chance" to have sex.

TMP made his standard remark about conservatives being sexually repressed. Rather than limit your criticism to him, you did the same thing he did. That's the only reason I jumped in and called you a hack.

Let’s back up a bit to what Heidi Fleiss says in the article. She suggests decriminalizing prostitution will help put an end to sex trafficking. Is this similar to legalizing marijuana so it’s no longer part of the black market?

The one exception I would see is the use of children in prostitution. For obvious reasons that will always be on the black market.

Let’s answer the original question should prostitution be made legal if it helps end illegal trafficking?

Forget our moral compass here. Alcohol is legal and it’s tearing up famlies.

This thread seems to follow the same as every thread in recreating the life of Audie Murphy, To Hell and Back. It appears I'm jumping in late, but it seems likely the good madam is right. If prostitution were legal the lives of those who work in that profession would be better and human trafficking would likely be reduced. Health inspections could be required, which is a huge positive for everyone involved. It seems on balance there would be a net positive to society.

Legalize prostitution and up the penalty for sex trafficking. I would think the traffickers just could not compete. Especially for underage trafficking, I don't care if it is currently "drawn and quartered", it could/should be upped.

Just because prostitution would be legal doesn't mean anyone has to go. There are people who do not smoke though it is legal, and people who do not drink though it is legal. Making prostitution illegal doesn't seem to have stopped people from wanting to partake and people would not be forced to become/use prostitutes if legal.

Let’s back up a bit to what Heidi Fleiss says in the article. She suggests decriminalizing prostitution will help put an end to sex trafficking. Is this similar to legalizing marijuana so it’s no longer part of the black market?

The one exception I would see is the use of children in prostitution. For obvious reasons that will always be on the black market.

Let’s answer the original question should prostitution be made legal if it helps end illegal trafficking?

Forget our moral compass here. Alcohol is legal and it’s tearing up famlies.
About black markets - there is a thriving marijuana black market in Colorado, and though prostitution is legal in Nevada it is illegal in Vegas and Reno, and 66 times more money is spent on illegal prostitution in those cities than is spent on legal prostitution elsewhere.

Reactions: MrBing
You providing the definition isn't what makes you butthurt. ;)

It really wasn't a difficult question, but maybe it is when you assume that other people aren't very bright.

So, that thing that you say that feminists hate...do you hate it? I do.
Yes.

#%*#%*#%*#%*#%^*#%*^!!!!! <butthurt

If prostitution were legal the lives of those who work in that profession would be better and human trafficking would likely be reduced. Health inspections could be required, which is a huge positive for everyone involved. It seems on balance there would be a net positive to society.
I'd be more inclined to support simply de-criminalizing prostitution, rather than "legalizing" with all the regulations and licensing and other nonsense that would entail.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
I'd be more inclined to support simply de-criminalizing prostitution, rather than "legalizing" with all the regulations and licensing and other nonsense that would entail.
I wouldn't mind decriminalization, but I am not sure how that works. One benefit to legalization is that the women could get healthcare benefits. I think that would be a net positive that we shouldn't overlook. I don't know if decriminalization would allow for that in the same way. Maybe it would.

I don't think the massage therapist I frequent considers himself a prostitute, but perhaps I'll ask him on my next visit and get his POV on this matter.

I wouldn't mind decriminalization, but I am not sure how that works. One benefit to legalization is that the women could get healthcare benefits. I think that would be a net positive that we shouldn't overlook. I don't know if decriminalization would allow for that in the same way. Maybe it would.
My thinking is that "legalization" would include special regulation, licensing, etc. Decriminalization would treat prostitution as just another service business.

Joe's Auto Repair doesn't get special treatment (regulation or licensure). Mike's Print Shop doesn't. April's Flowers doesn't. So why should a brothel, let's call it Melania's Place? Heck, in the gig economy, Melania could work out of her home, or take her services to the client directly.

My thinking is that "legalization" would include special regulation, licensing, etc. Decriminalization would treat prostitution as just another service business.

Joe's Auto Repair doesn't get special treatment (regulation or licensure). Mike's Print Shop doesn't. April's Flowers doesn't. So why should a brothel, let's call it Melania's Place? Heck, in the gig economy, Melania could work out of her home, or take her services to the client directly.
I think the White House and Congress are already full of people that sell their services for money. ;)

So I assume you’ve all seen the pictures, of Trump, Jr, Eric, Governor Scott, Matt Goetz, and others with the manager of Robert Kraft’s “massage “ parlor? Supposedly she has been to Mar a Largo also.

So some here are advocating legalization of prostitution while simultaneously claiming the FLOTUS is a prostitute in a derogatory manner. You advocate the profession without respecting it?
If she's a prostitute, under current law that makes her a criminal.

And there's no contradiction in disrespecting her, despite wanting prostitution legalized.
That would depend on why you would disrespect her. You “want” prostitution legalized? Why? Melania would cost way more than you could afford - if she was actually a prostitute and if you actually had tons of money. ;)

So I assume you’ve all seen the pictures, of Trump, Jr, Eric, Governor Scott, Matt Goetz, and others with the manager of Robert Kraft’s “massage “ parlor? Supposedly she has been to Mar a Largo also.
The woman in the selfie with Trump sold that spa in 2013 and has had no involvement with it since.

The woman in the selfie with Trump sold that spa in 2013 and has had no involvement with it since.
Her spas were known rub-and-tugs when she owned them. Now she has a business called GY US Investments. It offers access to the president via Mar-a-Lago. Appears that she never got out of her original business.

Her spas were known rub-and-tugs when she owned them. Now she has a business called GY US Investments. It offers access to the president via Mar-a-Lago. Appears that she never got out of her original business.
Known? Known by whom?

If it was widely known, wouldn’t she have been busted like this place was?

Y
Known? Known by whom?

If it was widely known, wouldn’t she have been busted like this place was?
Well that was her place originally and it was a known place. I would imagine that they caught wind of the human trafficking aspect or it became egregious enough to pop up on somebody's radar. I've lived in Chicago, Minneapolis and Cincy (Adjacent) and every cop can tell you where things are happening. Getting busted is based on what is going at the location, priorities of the district attorneys office and the cops time.

Last edited:
Haha. Because who doesn’t go from a sleezy , sex trafficking massage parlor to an investment banker with ties to the very top Republican GOP and selling access to the President to Chinese. Sounds legit to you, I’m certain. 5th Avenue once again the only ones that could fall for this.

Is BIll a frequenter as well?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT