ADVERTISEMENT

Should I Let My Dog Eat Grass?

Mine does the same thing ... I don’t let them because it just means potential clean up for me later.

WTH ... my dogs are fed so damn well and they still want to eat grass, dear $hit, dead frogs ... jeebus.

It’s the chicken and egg. Did they eat grass because they feel sick or do they feel sick because they ate grass?

Seems natural.
She pukes it up eventually, like a hairball.

But she is frantic to go out and do it.

Will get drugs tomorrow.
I've always thought they ate grass when they had an upset stomach. The grass makes them puke and relieve discomfort. My dog doesn't eat grass but loves earthworms. I've tried to stop her but it is impossible.

Reactions: All4You
Some dogs are grazers - my retriever eats certain kinds of leaves any time he can and doesn't get sick from it. Dogs like that are in the minority, though.

I've always thought they ate grass when they had an upset stomach. The grass makes them puke and relieve discomfort. My dog doesn't eat grass but loves earthworms. I've tried to stop her but it is impossible.

Never had a dog to it but cats do this for sure. You can buy grass plants for indoor cats so they can have it when they need it.

Seems natural.
She pukes it up eventually, like a hairball.

But she is frantic to go out and do it.

Will get drugs tomorrow.

Some dogs are grazers - my retriever eats certain kinds of leaves any time he can and doesn't get sick from it. Dogs like that are in the minority, though.
My Lab is the same. Very picky on the type of grass he likes... I always walk him before I feed him so it's like his salad before dinner! Every once in a while he will get too much and end up puking, but that doesn't happen often.

ADVERTISEMENT