ADVERTISEMENT

Should Biden cancel the debates?

"you're an idiot" is about the sum of your 3,378 posts. why bother. people have opinions. not all comport with yours. it's such a disrespectful thing to post over and over and over.

I did add unserious this time. When someone posts something as inane as dbmhoosier, he deserves disrespect.

did you by chance mean the same "Comcast" that held a big fund raiser for Biden, attended by Biden, on the very day of his prez bid announcement, (talk about crazy coincidence).

or by "investor class", the same investor class that attended and contributed to Biden's campaign?

if so, not so much.

for them, the election they cared about is over and won.

they now have their bases covered, and while Comcast/NBC and the investor class would much prefer Pubs sweep everything down ticket, they feel far more relieved now knowing their bases are covered, and the threat they were concerned about has already been taken care of..

most likely they would rather Trump win than Biden in the general due to down ticket coattails, but can live with either economic far right winger.

Um...huh?

I think that's what I said you'd say, except you left out the sock puppets. For the love of God, man, you can't leave out the sock puppets!

I know Trumpers are excited for Trumpamania 5 but debate questions tend to focus on logic, judgment and strategic thought....which Trump has none.

In 2016 he was an outsider without any record so all he had to do was lie and promise 'winning'.

This time it's all about his record, the logic behind his decisions and most importantly how is he going to get us out of the current mess and back to a vague, undefinable 'winning'?

For example, a question like 'why did you push for the US to back out of the Who in the middle of a health crisis? Why did you on top of that continue to try to eradicate the ACA in the middle of a crisis and record high unemployment with no replacement in place?'

Then he'll struggle to justify, he'll play the victim and then he'll lie and promise that he is working on a beautiful plan that is ten times better than the ACA.

And that's where Biden will laugh at him like he did at Palin and call him out for being full of shit, there is no plan and the American people see right through him. Then Biden goes into the main points of his strategy to get through the virus.

Trump won't have Chris Christie there to take down Rubio for him when Rubio made Trump look like a complete moron with his 'take away the blue lines' vague health care plan.

Trump does not like to be laughed at and mocked, it brings out his worst. That's Biden's go to.

Point, flash those choppers and laugh and then reply with seriousness and empathy.

Pretty solid wish list here. We shall see.

I did laugh at your description of the Debate Questions though. They are useless starter's pistols for whatever the candidate's next pre written talking point or zinger is.

trump has nothing to lose here but biden does. This race is Biden's to lose and as long as he doesn't have a "deplorables" gaffe or a poor showing in a debate he will be fine.

just because you want it to be true, doesn’t make it true

4 years of constant investigation into the matter, millions of dollars spent, hearings, depositions, all that crap and......nothing really

find something else

Yeah, cause there are no incompetents in the gubment...

Pretty solid wish list here. We shall see.

I did laugh at your description of the Debate Questions though. They are useless starter's pistols for whatever the candidate's next pre written talking point or zinger is.

trump has nothing to lose here but biden does. This race is Biden's to lose and as long as he doesn't have a "deplorables" gaffe or a poor showing in a debate he will be fine.

Agree that Biden now has the most to lose but unless he completely steps on his Johnson, it won't move the needle much.

He has more to lose if he doesn't do the debates.

He's already committed to them so the hand wringing in this thread is all for naught.

Short of someone doing this I think not much will come out of the debates:

84fc3e80-a6f6-11e9-a66b-2d15683416fc_800_420.png

did you by chance mean the same "Comcast" that held a big fund raiser for Biden, attended by Biden, on the very day of his prez bid announcement, (talk about crazy coincidence).

or by "investor class", the same investor class that attended and contributed to Biden's campaign?

if so, not so much.

for them, the election they cared about is over and won.

they now have their bases covered, and while Comcast/NBC and the investor class would much prefer Pubs sweep everything down ticket, they feel far more relieved now knowing their bases are covered, and the threat they were concerned about has already been taken care of..

most likely they would rather Trump win than Biden in the general due to down ticket coattails, but can live with either economic far right winger.

You sure? What if Dems take the Senate too(real possibility)? You'd have Schumer, Bernie, and Warren calling the shots in the Senate. Pelosi and her Squad in the House. They'd pass all kinds of moonbat legislation that would destroy the country. Green New deal, MFA, etc. Do they trust old man Joe to veto? I wouldn't.

You sure? What if Dems take the Senate too(real possibility)? You'd have Schumer, Bernie, and Warren calling the shots in the Senate. Pelosi and her Squad in the House. They'd pass all kinds of moonbat legislation that would destroy the country. Green New deal, MFA, etc. Do they trust old man Joe to veto? I wouldn't.

LMAO,

i assure you they own way more of the house and senate for that to ever happen, including Pelosi and Schumer. (how did you think Pelosi and Schumer got those leadership positions).

how you didn't know that is on you.

How do you know they will destroy the country?

LMAO,

i assure you they own way more of the house and senate for that to ever happen, including Pelosi and Schumer. (how did you think Pelosi and Schumer got those leadership positions).

how you didn't know that is on you.

Then why do all of the Bernie, Warren, AOC supporters keep voting Dem? Stupidity?

actually, it was the opposite.

but then trolls are total idiots.

Totes. Up is down. Wet is dry. Cats and dogs living together. The opposite is exactly the same.

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE SOCK PUPPETS?!?!

For the love of God, man, you can't forget about the sock puppets!!!

And Comcast.

Reactions: UncleMark

Why and how would those proposals destroy the country? Didn’t the WH just start a campaign called “Find something new” in response to their incompetence? Focus on that first question though.

Get serious. You wrote (intentionally?) "scared to death of debates."

Trump v. Hillary was not a debate. What brilliant issue did Trump articulate when Trump did this:

161010-politics-trump-hillary-looming-0458_da019ecbb6e124f269c6ab060b094a22.fit-760w.jpg

Is that your idea of a Trump "debate" that Biden is supposed to be afraid of participating in?

Hillary kicked Trump's nuts on every substantive point she made because, well, she actually made points under debate team rules while Trump merely glowered and struggled to describe what he thinks he had for breakfast that morning.

But Trump will not (and can't) engage in a real debate. He will not stand politely at his podium and let anybody else in the world speak. The debate sponsors refused to enforce any rules or penalties against Trump in 2016. Why cooperate with them?

Why should Biden agree to participate in a circus (not a debate) when Trump is self-destructing all by his pitiful corrupt self?

Trump's self-destruction is the debate.

Biden needs to show up.

Biden already said he's going to do the scheduled debates.

You Trumpers are giving yourself a panic attack for nothing here.

However remember last fall when Trump said he hasn't decided if he was going to debate or not?

So to answer your question, he is a massive coward from the top of his orange head to the middle of his yellow belly to the bottom of his white feet.

No one knows cowardice more than Pres Bone Spurs.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1233385

Hope he shows up.

One question that won't be asked but I wish it was is: President Trump, why have you on at least three televised occasions said that your father was born in Germany when he actually was born in Queens. And why would you say that? Why do you lie about things that have zero significance? And why do you lie when your lie is so obvious?
I like it

So, you think he should show up?

Any reason to think he won't? And is there really anything Biden or T.rump could say, or do, that would change your mind? Anything at all?
There's literally nothing that could happen which would change the narrative for some folks. They could push Trump out on stage in a wheelchair, and have him answer every question by drooling on himself and then picking turds out of his pants and flinging them at the moderators, and the likes of stoll would still complain that they can't vote for Biden because there's clearly something cognitively wrong with him.

From the far right wing NY Times...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/09/opinion/medicare-for-all-cost.html

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/joe-bastardi-green-new-deal-is-a-recipe-for-economic-disaster-that-
From the far right wing NY Times...

[URL]https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/09/opinion/medicare-for-all-cost.html

would-hurt-every-american[/URL]

We can't afford this.

I understand opinion pieces like these are a norm for a policy decisions in the current admin, but I like real data too. Preferably by experts, especially those who aren’t known climate change deniers.

Reactions: TommyCracker
I doubt it. I actually think we’d be better off.

Reactions: Bill4411
There's literally nothing that could happen which would change the narrative for some folks. They could push Trump out on stage in a wheelchair, and have him answer every question by drooling on himself and then picking turds out of his pants and flinging them at the moderators, and the likes of stoll would still complain that they can't vote for Biden because there's clearly something cognitively wrong with him.

Anything Biden could do that you wouldn’t vote for him? Sniffing and caressing a 13 year old. Would that change your mind?

Anything Biden could do that you wouldn’t vote for him? Sniffing and caressing a 13 year old. Would that change your mind?

Trump said “I wish you well” to a human sex tracker and rapists. There are also stories of Trump raping an underage girl if you want to take the Biden caressing route.

Why not argue more against Trump based on this knowledge?

I doubt it. My vote for him is pretty locked in. If a giant wart did appear, however, I would own up to the fact that I was voting for him despite the wart, rather than pretend it doesn't exist, as you are doing.

Agree w/ @StelioKantos, he should 100% avoid the debates. He’ll get destroyed. Personally, I would enjoy watching the train wreck.

Our career politician, what a shame. Anyone under the age of 120 that is competent to run for office in this country?

"StelioKantos, post: 2982680, member: 68827"]Biden isn’t stupid, I don’t think anyone is saying that.

biden is experiencing the symptoms of dementia or Alzheimer’s, it’s sad for any human

You guys forget-this false analysis is coming from a total moron-Trump. As someone who until recently worked with dementia patients I can assure you that there is no way Joe Biden could engage in this level of intelligent conversation if he were suffering from dementia. This interaction between him and Obama, the way Biden easily recalls details of events from close to a decade ago, the vocabulary he uses- this is not the conversation and analytic skills of someone suffering dementia- it just isn't...

Andrew Yang doesn't feel Biden is suffering from any diminished capability. Yang is a hell of a lot smarter than Trump, yet Biden more than held his own. And that was in Dem debates when he faced challenges from the more progressive (and activist) wing of the Party.
[/QUOTE]

Get serious. You wrote (intentionally?) "scared to death of debates."

Trump v. Hillary was not a debate. What brilliant issue did Trump articulate when Trump did this:

161010-politics-trump-hillary-looming-0458_da019ecbb6e124f269c6ab060b094a22.fit-760w.jpg

Is that your idea of a Trump "debate" that Biden is supposed to be afraid of participating in?

Hillary kicked Trump's nuts on every substantive point she made because, well, she actually made points under debate team rules while Trump merely glowered and struggled to describe what he thinks he had for breakfast that morning.

But Trump will not (and can't) engage in a real debate. He will not stand politely at his podium and let anybody else in the world speak. The debate sponsors refused to enforce any rules or penalties against Trump in 2016. Why cooperate with them?

Why should Biden agree to participate in a circus (not a debate) when Trump is self-destructing all by his pitiful corrupt self?

Trump's self-destruction is the debate.
Biden has to debate or Trump will paint him as a weak and cowardly man. There will be debates. It’s not even a possibility that there won’t be.

Biden has to debate or Trump will paint him as a weak and cowardly man. There will be debates. It’s not even a possibility that there won’t be.
Exactly. The easiest way for Trump to "win" the debates is for them not to happen. He will scream and moan that they didn't happen because Biden was scared. His supporters will eat it up, and the fence-riders who don't want to vote for him, but still might, will be persuaded that Biden isn't the savior they hoped he was.

But if the debates happen, it's very likely that Trump makes an ass of himself. His supporters will still eat it up, but those fence-riders might be comforted that Biden is an acceptable choice, after all.

This whole idea was just a trial balloon to see how people responded. And while I understand the theory behind it - use the refusal to debate as a way to delegitimize Trump as a candidate - I just don't see any way it can work. Biden's smart move is to take part in the debates, and in fact to do so eagerly.

(Not too eagerly, of course, they still have to play those expectations games! But he should be publicly looking forward to having the opportunity to contrast what he offers to what Trump has already given us.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT