ADVERTISEMENT

Should Biden cancel the debates?

Had to Google. o_O

original.png

He won't but when was the last time a Republican moderated one of the three debates?

th

do you think the moderators write the questions?

and who do you think controls who the moderators are, or the news anchors are, or who all their talking head guests are, or what the subjects discussed every night on CNN and MSNBC and Fox are, or what subjects never see the light of day are, or who controls social media?

do you think it's progressives, or Russia, or China, or Zukerberg, or Brin, or Page, or Nancy, or Mitch?

hint,

wall-st.jpg

Love or hate trump, he’s not a coward to get out there and debate.

Biden already said he's going to do the scheduled debates.

You Trumpers are giving yourself a panic attack for nothing here.

However remember last fall when Trump said he hasn't decided if he was going to debate or not?

So to answer your question, he is a massive coward from the top of his orange head to the middle of his yellow belly to the bottom of his white feet.

No one knows cowardice more than Pres Bone Spurs.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1233385

However remember last fall when Trump said he hasn't decided if he was going to debate or not?

So to answer your question, he is a massive coward from the top of his orange head to the middle of his yellow belly to the bottom of his white feet.

orange head
Yellow belly
White feet

that’s racist

th

do you think the moderators write the questions?

and who do you think controls who the moderators are, or the news anchors are, or who all their talking head guests are, or what the subjects discussed every night on CNN and MSNBC and Fox are, or what subjects never see the light of day are, or who controls social media?

do you think it's progressives, or Russia, or China, or Zukerberg, or Brin, or Page, or Nancy, or Mitch?

hint,

wall-st.jpg

Donna Brazile does and she's probably already leaked the questions to Biden's camp.

So the answer is that all Presidential debates have been moderated by a Democrat for at least decades. That's what I thought.

Jim Lehrer did a fair amount moderating debates up to 2012. Reportedly he didn't even vote in elections when he moderated them so that he could maintain a level of impartiality.

The only reason this idea of Biden backing out of the debates is because none of Trump's attacks are landing on Biden. He's basically staying out of Trump's way so he can trip over his own feet, so Trump and his surrogates are saying Biden is hiding.

I'm definitely in favor of holding these debates as planned - once Biden clears the relatively low bar of sounding more sane and competent than Trump, these criticisms will go away.

Jim Lehrer did a fair amount moderating debates up to 2012. Reportedly he didn't even vote in elections when he moderated them so that he could maintain a level of impartiality.

Sure. And since the moderators don't matter let's just have O'Reilly, Tucker, and Hannity moderate this year's debates. I'm sure you'd all be fine with that.

Donna Brazile does and she's probably already leaked the questions to Biden's camp.

no, she doesn't, she passes them along.

and who do you think picks who passes them along.

people are not quick learners as to how things work.

no offense. people just don't want to believe it is what it is.

Makes sense to me. But he'd have to finesse the inevitable accusations of being afraid of Trump or afraid he'd stick his foot clear down his throat.

Supporters Urge Joe Biden Not to Debate Trump, Applaud Hosts for Canceling Over COVID-19 Concerns

https://www.newsweek.com/supporters...osts-canceling-over-covid-19-concerns-1522178

"We saw in the debates in 2016 Hillary Clinton showed a mastery of the issues, every point she made was more honest and bested Trump," Lockhart told CNN. "But Trump came out of the debates doing better I think because he just kept repeating the same old lies: 'we're going to build a wall and Mexico is going to pay for it,' 'we're going to keep all those Mexican rapists out of the country,' and 'we're going to make great trade deals' — none of these things have come to pass."

"Giving him that national forum to continue to spout — get him to 21,000 or 22,000 lies — I think just isn't worth it for the Democrats or for Biden," Lockhart continued.​

he should from a political gains and losses standpoint but it would be a shame (some might suggest a “relief”) for Americans not to hear a debate between these two.

Reactions: UncleMark
youre-wrong.jpg

The correct answer is "Comcast" and/or "the investor class". I believe that he'd also accept "sock puppets".

But I thought Democrats were the party of the working class and poor people. All rich people are evil Republicans.

Sure. And since the moderators don't matter let's just have O'Reilly, Tucker, and Hannity moderate this year's debates. I'm sure you'd all be fine with that.
I'm not sure how you landed on that being a rational or reasonable response to what I posted.

One question that won't be asked but I wish it was is: President Trump, why have you on at least three televised occasions said that your father was born in Germany when he actually was born in Queens. And why would you say that? Why do you lie about things that have zero significance? And why do you lie when your lie is so obvious?

Last edited:
This is true, he is not the strongest debater but good lord he would wipe the floor with Biden. The American people need to see Biden in action to be able to compare the two. This alone has to have most Dem's (obviously not the one's on this board) scared, there should be no way a fence rider should ever vote for Biden. It almost comes down to voting for the "Devil you know or the devil you don't know".
My guess is you didn’t watch Biden in the debates or you wouldn’t feel this way. E was strongest in the one against Bernie, where it wasn’t everyone going after him, as he was the front runner. Have you not listen to Trump in 4 years? He couldn’t beat my dog in a debate. He still knows , nor cares a whit about policy.,

I'm not sure how you landed on that being a rational or reasonable response to what I posted.

You seemed to suggest that a Democrat moderating every single Presidential debate I can recall in decades is no big deal.

My guess is you didn’t watch Biden in the debates or you wouldn’t feel this way. E was strongest in the one against Bernie, where it wasn’t everyone going after him, as he was the front runner. Have you not listen to Trump in 4 years? He couldn’t beat my dog in a debate. He still knows , nor cares a whit about policy.,

You seem to think policy and substance matter. If that was the case Obama would've never sniffed the office. But probably Trump wouldn't have either. It's all about style and who gives his base the biggest hard on.

Biden will not be the next president no matter who wins the election.
I’m going to remember this crazy theory of yours. It’s right up there with PizzaGate, Obama going to jail, etc. You’ll see this again Jan. 2021.

just because you want it to be true, doesn’t make it true

4 years of constant investigation into the matter, millions of dollars spent, hearings, depositions, all that crap and......nothing really

find something else
Why do you keep saying that? All it shows is that you have zero understanding of the Mueller report, you don’t care about him begging for foreign interference, you don’t care about him bribing another country to get help. Isn’t that difficult to admit that you could care less how corrupt he is? That you’re one of the ones he was talking about when he said he could shoot someone and his supporters wouldn’t care?

Reactions: Bill4411
You seem to think policy and substance matter. If that was the case Obama would've never sniffed the office. But probably Trump wouldn't have either. It's all about style and who gives his base the biggest hard on.
Try another example. Obama was a policy geek.

Reactions: brianiu
You seemed to suggest that a Democrat moderating every single Presidential debate I can recall in decades is no big deal.
Again, can you cite an example from 2016 where Trump was treated differently/worse than HRC?

These made for TV press events don't even resemble "Debates" and never really have. Neither of these two buffoons could win a debate against a bag of hair even if someone explained to them what a debate is.

They are an hour of pre-written elevator speeches with intermittent mud slinging and finger pointing where the winner is whomever had the best "zinger"

Very Presidential indeed.

These made for TV press events don't even resemble "Debates" and never really have. Neither of these two buffoons could win a debate against a bag of hair even if someone explained to them what a debate is.

They are an hour of pre-written elevator speeches with intermittent mud slinging and finger pointing where the winner is whomever had the best "zinger"

Very Presidential indeed.
for sure but most just want to see that biden's synapses are firing.

It’s very simple the left and Biden’s camp are scared to death of debates. Media is going to work overtime to give him numerous excuses to get out of the debates. What a sick POS and all those hiding him.
Get serious. You wrote (intentionally?) "scared to death of debates."

Trump v. Hillary was not a debate. What brilliant issue did Trump articulate when Trump did this:

161010-politics-trump-hillary-looming-0458_da019ecbb6e124f269c6ab060b094a22.fit-760w.jpg

Is that your idea of a Trump "debate" that Biden is supposed to be afraid of participating in?

Hillary kicked Trump's nuts on every substantive point she made because, well, she actually made points under debate team rules while Trump merely glowered and struggled to describe what he thinks he had for breakfast that morning.

But Trump will not (and can't) engage in a real debate. He will not stand politely at his podium and let anybody else in the world speak. The debate sponsors refused to enforce any rules or penalties against Trump in 2016. Why cooperate with them?

Why should Biden agree to participate in a circus (not a debate) when Trump is self-destructing all by his pitiful corrupt self?

Trump's self-destruction is the debate.

The only reason this idea of Biden backing out of the debates is because none of Trump's attacks are landing on Biden. He's basically staying out of Trump's way so he can trip over his own feet, so Trump and his surrogates are saying Biden is hiding.

I'm definitely in favor of holding these debates as planned - once Biden clears the relatively low bar of sounding more sane and competent than Trump, these criticisms will go away.

You're right and it's not that complicated to understand.

It's hail mary time, surely something will stick.

It's going to be a barrage of garbage accusations, even more than normal, coming out of the right brigade in the next three months.

One its a diversion of the sewer rat mess that were currently in.

Two, maybe something will stick?

Get serious. You wrote (intentionally?) "scared to death of debates."

Trump v. Hillary was not a debate. What brilliant issue did Trump articulate when Trump did this:

161010-politics-trump-hillary-looming-0458_da019ecbb6e124f269c6ab060b094a22.fit-760w.jpg

Is that your idea of a Trump "debate" that Biden is supposed to be afraid of participating in?

Hillary kicked Trump's nuts on every substantive point she made because, well, she actually made points under debate team rules while Trump merely glowered and struggled to describe what he thinks he had for breakfast that morning.

But Trump will not (and can't) engage in a real debate. He will not stand politely at his podium and let anybody else in the world speak. The debate sponsors refused to enforce any rules or penalties against Trump in 2016. Why cooperate with them?

Why should Biden agree to participate in a circus (not a debate) when Trump is self-destructing all by his pitiful corrupt self?

Trump's self-destruction is the debate.

I know Trumpers are excited for Trumpamania 5 but debate questions tend to focus on logic, judgment and strategic thought....which Trump has none.

In 2016 he was an outsider without any record so all he had to do was lie and promise 'winning'.

This time it's all about his record, the logic behind his decisions and most importantly how is he going to get us out of the current mess and back to a vague, undefinable 'winning'?

For example, a question like 'why did you push for the US to back out of the Who in the middle of a health crisis? Why did you on top of that continue to try to eradicate the ACA in the middle of a crisis and record high unemployment with no replacement in place?'

Then he'll struggle to justify, he'll play the victim and then he'll lie and promise that he is working on a beautiful plan that is ten times better than the ACA.

And that's where Biden will laugh at him like he did at Palin and call him out for being full of shit, there is no plan and the American people see right through him. Then Biden goes into the main points of his strategy to get through the virus.

Trump won't have Chris Christie there to take down Rubio for him when Rubio made Trump look like a complete moron with his 'take away the blue lines' vague health care plan.

Trump does not like to be laughed at and mocked, it brings out his worst. That's Biden's go to.

Point, flash those choppers and laugh and then reply with seriousness and empathy.

Last edited:
Sigh - was Jim Lehrer a Democrat? Even if he was he went to great lengths to make sure he was as impartial as he could be when serving as a moderator.

You're coming off as paranoid.

Last edited:
youre-wrong.jpg

The correct answer is "Comcast" and/or "the investor class". I believe that he'd also accept "sock puppets".

did you by chance mean the same "Comcast" that held a big fund raiser for Biden, attended by Biden, on the very day of his prez bid announcement, (talk about crazy coincidence).

or by "investor class", the same investor class that attended and contributed to Biden's campaign?

if so, not so much.

for them, the election they cared about is over and won.

they now have their bases covered, and while Comcast/NBC and the investor class would much prefer Pubs sweep everything down ticket, they feel far more relieved now knowing their bases are covered, and the threat they were concerned about has already been taken care of..

most likely they would rather Trump win than Biden in the general due to down ticket coattails, but can live with either economic far right winger.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT