ADVERTISEMENT

Should Biden cancel the debates?

Makes sense to me. But he'd have to finesse the inevitable accusations of being afraid of Trump or afraid he'd stick his foot clear down his throat.

Supporters Urge Joe Biden Not to Debate Trump, Applaud Hosts for Canceling Over COVID-19 Concerns

https://www.newsweek.com/supporters...osts-canceling-over-covid-19-concerns-1522178

"We saw in the debates in 2016 Hillary Clinton showed a mastery of the issues, every point she made was more honest and bested Trump," Lockhart told CNN. "But Trump came out of the debates doing better I think because he just kept repeating the same old lies: 'we're going to build a wall and Mexico is going to pay for it,' 'we're going to keep all those Mexican rapists out of the country,' and 'we're going to make great trade deals' — none of these things have come to pass."

"Giving him that national forum to continue to spout — get him to 21,000 or 22,000 lies — I think just isn't worth it for the Democrats or for Biden," Lockhart continued.​

th

"We've analyzed their attack, sir, and there is a danger".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for most people, it's a vote for Trump or a vote against Trump, and Biden is an afterthought.

with the "against" side clearly ahead now.

for those on the fence though, i think Biden does have vulnerabilities he doesn't want exposed, and i don't mean his mental acuity.

the Hunter thing is potentially way worse than some think, and Trump isn't going to give him a pass on Hunter like the Dems did and the Dem media that backed Biden since day 1 did.

and debates are the only place that Trump has a chance to bring that up that will get the attention of the fence sitters, as CNN and MSNBC are never going to go within a million miles of it, and i doubt fence sitters follow Trump on twitter much.

as incredibly bad as Burisma is while VP dad was heading up Ukraine policy, China could be far worse.

6 facts about Hunter Biden’s business dealings in China
By Peter Schweizer and Jacob McLeod

October 10, 2019 | 4:35pm | Updated

Enlarge Image
191010-hunter-biden-china1.jpg

Hunter Biden Paul Morigi
More On:
hunter biden
Ukraine busts $6M bribe scheme for gas company that hired Hunter Biden
Senate committee authorizes subpoenas in Hunter Biden probe
Recording of calls between Joe Biden, ex-Ukraine president leaked
Ex-Ukraine ambassador may have misled lawmakers over Burisma knowledge

Peter Schweizer, best-selling author of “Secret Empires: How the American Political Class Hides Corruption and Enriches Family and Friends” and Jacob McLeod, a senior researcher with the Government Accountability Institute, explain Hunter Biden’s business dealings in China when his father was vice president.

The furor over Trump’s call for Ukraine to investigate Hunter Biden’s business has brought the spotlight back to the former second family’s international dealings.

While his Ukrainian business is currently receiving most of the attention, Hunter’s dealings in China deserve at least as much scrutiny.

Trained as a lawyer at Yale, Hunter had primarily worked as a lobbyist and consultant. His previous foray into financial services, Paradigm Global Advisors, was linked to Stanford Financial, a multibillion dollar Ponzi scheme.

In 2009, Hunter co-founded a new venture, Rosemont Seneca Partners. Rosemont and Hunter were given extraordinary opportunities in China while his father was vice president. Here are some key facts:

1. Joe Biden met with Hunter’s Chinese partners days before they established a new investment firm.

In December 2013, Hunter landed in Beijing aboard Air Force Two, accompanying his father on an official visit to China. Less than two weeks later, Hunter’s company, Rosemont Seneca, became a partner in a new investment company backed by the state-owned Bank of China.

Christening the new firm Bohai Harvest RST (BHR), the partners set out to raise $1 billion for the new fund.

Representatives of the Biden family have denied any connection between the vice president’s visit and Hunter’s business. However, a BHR representative told The New Yorker earlier this year that Hunter used the opportunity to introduce his father to Chinese private equity executive Jonathan Li, who became CEO of BHR after the deal’s conclusion.

2. BHR is a multibillion-dollar enterprise.

Exceeding their initial fundraising goal, the partners at BHR raised their target to $1.5 billion for the new fund. The company’s website now brags that it manages “over RMB 15 billion” in assets — the equivalent of about $2.1 billion in today’s dollars.

Under the terms of the deal, BHR, in which Hunter’s firm held an equity stake, would be a lead investor in the fund. Other investors include China Development Bank and China’s social security fund.

3. Hunter and his partners had prominent roles within the company.

Despite his relative lack of private equity experience, Hunter landed a prominent role with the new company. Under the terms of the original deal, Rosemont Seneca, Hunter’s firm, shared a 30% stake in BHR with the Thornton Group, which was run by James Bulger, the son of longtime Massachusetts state Senate President Billy Bulger. Hunter and Bulger joined the board, along with Devon Archer, Hunter’s longtime business partner. Archer would also serve as vice chairman of the fund’s investment committee.

The value of these partnerships to BHR is clear. Its own website boasts: “BHR, with its unique mixed ownership, combines the resources and platforms of China’s largest financial institutions … and the networks and know-how of our U.S.-based investment fund and advisory firm shareholders.”

Hunter Biden claimed to the New Yorker that he and his partners have not seen any money from the BHR deal. But even if true, the potential payouts are significant.

4. BHR represented a unique investment opportunity.

BHR’s relationships weren’t the only unique thing about the company. Rosemont Seneca was getting a piece of something that no other Western firm had: a private equity fund inside the recently established Shanghai Free-Trade Zone, with a focus on international acquisitions. With the backing of the state-owned Bank of China, one of the country’s “big four” financial institutions, BHR had access to the types of deals that most Western firms only dreamed of, including IPOs of state-owned companies.

5. BHR invested in strategically sensitive assets in both China and the United States.

see also

The troubling reason why Biden is so soft on China

In December 2014, BHR became an “anchor investor” in the IPO of China General Nuclear Power Company (CGN), a state-owned nuclear company involved in the development of nuclear reactors. Not only is CGN a strategically important company in China, it was also facing legal scrutiny in the United States. In 2016, CGN was charged with espionage by the Justice Department for stealing US nuclear secrets.

As a “cross-border” investment fund, Bohai Harvest was interested in making deals outside of China. In 2015, BHR acquired Henniges Automotive, a Michigan-based producer of vibration-dampening equipment, alongside Chinese military contractor Aviation Industry Corp. of China (AVIC). Given the military applications of Henniges’ technology, the deal required federal approval. Like CGN, AVIC was suspected of stealing US technology for its purposes.

Not long after the Henniges deal closed, AVIC debuted its new J-20 fighter — incorporating designs allegedly stolen from the US’ F-35 program.

6. It wasn’t an isolated incident.

In 2015, a state-backed real estate conglomerate acquired a controlling stake in Rosemont Realty, a sister company of Rosemont Seneca where Hunter served as an advisor. As part of the deal, the Chinese promised $3 billion for commercial office property acquisitions in the US — a major windfall for the company.

It wouldn’t be Hunter’s last episode with Chinese capital. In May 2017, he met with Ye Jianming, chairman of Chinese energy company CEFC, to discuss investment opportunities in the US. After the meeting, Ye sent a 2.8-carat diamond to Hunter along with a “thank you” card. When, six months later, a CEFC executive was arrested in New York on unrelated bribery charges, his first phone call was to Hunter’s uncle, James Biden. James told the New York Times that “he believed it [the call] had been meant for Hunter” and that “he had passed on his nephew’s contact information.”

Ye, now accused of bribing a Communist Party official, has since been detained in his native China.

All of this adds up to an extremely troubling pattern. Much of the media, as they so often do, have chosen to air the spin, rather than the facts, on this issue. Did the Chinese give favorable treatment to Hunter Biden to curry favor with his vice-president father? The American public deserves to understand what exactly Hunter Biden was doing overseas and the extent of then-Vice President Biden’s involvement.

https://nypost.com/2019/10/10/6-facts-about-hunter-bidens-business-dealings-in-china/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for all the talk of Trump's possible vulnerability from Russian or Saudi pressure or extortion while in office, Biden's vulnerability to pressure or extortion from China could be way more, and they no doubt have hard copies of all the contracts and payouts.

on top of which Biden has been in bed with the major banks for a long time, he represented Delaware in the senate from 1973 - 2009 while banking regulation was decimated, credit card interest rates when into the high teens to high 20s percent while the issuing banks were getting money for a few percent, and Delaware is the sanctuary state the big banks are all "based" in, because Delaware allows them operate in ways that should be illegal.

and no bank execs but one fall guy were prosecuted while Biden was VP, despite their blatantly operating as criminal organizations leading to the meltdown, but instead rewarded for their behavior.

point being, as beyond scummy as Trump is, Biden could have even more scum on him.

and Biden's scum hasn't already been factored in like Trump's scum has, and people see him as amiable Uncle Joe, even if he has zero policies progressives are excited about..

point being, Biden's beyond belief corruption and China/Ukraine vulnerabilities only hit the mainstream media outside Fox in earnest, if made a big deal of by Trump during debates, and forcing the issue even for Dem media that's been literally sponsoring Biden's campaign, in order to kill MFA, net neutrality, and enable media/telecom consolidation..

same with Biden's very questionable legislative record, which has gone under the radar so far.

as big as the perceived downside could look by Biden skipping debates, the actual downside could be way way way worse if he doesn't, and that's even assuming he performs well mentally.

shoot the messengers if you wish, but it is what it is, and the last thing Biden needs is people realizing who he really is.

Last edited:
because you aren’t voting for biden, you’re voting for his handlers

Lol OK Hannity.

You guys need to pick an anti-Biden strategy and stick to it.

There were 25 some dem candidates that were primaried. Biden beat them. If the feared radical left controlled the party than Bernie would have been the nominee.

Hell hard core Berners are still going to be difficult to convince to support Biden over Trump. To them both candidates are massively corrupt.

Ask IGW.

Now there are rumors that Susan Rice is a very strong VP finalist.

Biden is more of a Trojan horse back to Obama politics than a radical left.

Biden has already publicly stated he has no intention of 'abolishing' police. Sorry if that hurts your fear mongering campaign.

Biden is a Trojan horse. Bwaa haaa haaa haaa. That tells me you have nothing on the actual candidate.

Who Trump? I remember that crazy rambling debate answer, filled with off the wall non sequiturs, he gave in the first debate with Hillary. And there’s the crazy rambling press conferences. Joe may stammer and forget, but he’s not a rambling idiot.
Has to do with the rumors that will follow and that will escalate from the he’s “hiding in the basement” folks. If he doesn’t debate he better be on tv 24/7 doing impromptu interviews to quell the naysayers and the skeptics.

Last edited:
Biden would easily win the debate. The only people who wouldn’t see that are the red caps and secret red caps. Trump would talk about Hunter half the time while not discussing anything of importance, while him and the red caps forget Trump is Mr. Nepotism.

Trump would also lie 99% of the time and the red caps and some folks on here would overlook the lies and focus on Biden mispronouncing a word.

Makes sense to me. But he'd have to finesse the inevitable accusations of being afraid of Trump or afraid he'd stick his foot clear down his throat.

Supporters Urge Joe Biden Not to Debate Trump, Applaud Hosts for Canceling Over COVID-19 Concerns

https://www.newsweek.com/supporters...osts-canceling-over-covid-19-concerns-1522178

"We saw in the debates in 2016 Hillary Clinton showed a mastery of the issues, every point she made was more honest and bested Trump," Lockhart told CNN. "But Trump came out of the debates doing better I think because he just kept repeating the same old lies: 'we're going to build a wall and Mexico is going to pay for it,' 'we're going to keep all those Mexican rapists out of the country,' and 'we're going to make great trade deals' — none of these things have come to pass."

"Giving him that national forum to continue to spout — get him to 21,000 or 22,000 lies — I think just isn't worth it for the Democrats or for Biden," Lockhart continued.​

Yes he should. Everyone should at least be honest instead of this bullshit. He will look like a blathering idiot.

Yes he should. Everyone should at least be honest instead of this bullshit. He will look like a blathering idiot.
There always have been debates, I don't see that changing. Whether they appear together or remotely would be my only question.

Biden would easily win the debate. The only people who wouldn’t see that are the red caps and secret red caps. Trump would talk about Hunter half the time while not discussing anything of importance, while him and the red caps forget Trump is Mr. Nepotism.

Trump would also lie 99% of the time and the red caps and some folks on here would overlook the lies and focus on Biden mispronouncing a word.

Maybe. But Biden could say that we need to get poor kids to be as "bright and talented as white kids". Oh yeah, he did say that.

Maybe. But Biden could say that we need to get poor kids to be as "bright and talented as white kids". Oh yeah, he did say that.

He could also say Trump said “ I wish you well” to a human sex trafficker. And the girls that were raped worked at Mar-a-lago.

He could also say Trump said “ I wish you well” to a human sex trafficker. And the girls that were raped worked at Mar-a-lago.

Yep. There is that possibility. Just like Joe could ask kids to touch his leg hair or sniff the hair of little girls. Both are dipshit, moronic bafoons. This is what we stuck with. Kanye 2020! (J/k)

Or he could ask someone in the crowd who is in a wheelchair to stand up and take a bow. The possibilities are endless. The debates will be pure gold.

Those discounting Trump fail to remember that he more than held his own against people like Lyin' Ted, Jeb, and Rubio. He couldn’t go after crooked the way I'm sure he would've like given what happened to Rick Lazio. He won't have that issue with slow Joe.

Or he could ask someone in the crowd who is in a wheelchair to stand up and take a bow. The possibilities are endless. The debates will be pure gold.

Those discounting Trump fail to remember that he more than held his own against people like Lyin' Ted, Jeb, and Rubio. He couldn’t go after crooked the way I'm sure he would've like given what happened to Rick Lazio. He won't have that issue with slow Joe.
He didn’t hold his own with anyone. He was horrible. He screamed and lied and interrupted everyone. When it came to any kind of policy talk, he knew nothing. Four years later, he still knows nothing. And this time he has his record to hold him accountable. All Joe has to do is fact check him.

He didn’t hold his own with anyone. He was horrible. He screamed and lied and interrupted everyone. When it came to any kind of policy talk, he knew nothing. Four years later, he still knows nothing. And this time he has his record to hold him accountable. All Joe has to do is fact check him.

That's not what the Republican primary voters thought.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU

Meh...I think you're being too hard on Trump. That's really his ceiling, so think of it as reaching his full potential.

Reactions: brianiu

Or Joe could tell Trump to go to a 7 Eleven or Dunkin' Donuts. Oh, wait, he can't, as Trump does not have an Indian accent. But Joe was serious, not joking. He said so.

Or Joe could tell Trump to go to a 7 Eleven or Dunkin' Donuts. Oh, wait, he can't, as Trump does not have an Indian accent. But Joe was serious, not joking. He said so.

About a week ago. Trump wished well to a human sex trafficker.

That doesn’t rate in a top twenty of Trump’s daily gibberish. And you had to go back 14 years to find it? Lol.

Biden is 77.

Trump is a mere 74 but still is struggling to keep up with Biden.

Does any thinking human really think Trump is a Mensa candidate?

Claiming Biden is stupid does not prove Trump is smart.
I don't think Biden has the intellectual capacity to be president. I know that Trump doesn't. But I didn't think the George Bush had the capacity to be president either.

Here kitty, kitty, kitty. Time for your trip to the vet to get you spayed/ neutered

God you’re weak, I would hope that someone who took all this time to read all my posts, create a name copying mind and continually follow me around would be more clever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT