ADVERTISEMENT

Should Biden cancel the debates?

Good chance in my opinion neither will make a sterling performance in the eyes of many viewers. I can already invision those "I held my nose and voted" comments.

More reasons to further the growing dissatisfaction and lack of trust in our federal government.

We are in for some nasty politics between now and November. As if the pandemic wasn't depressing enough.
I agree, but I really want to see someone stand up to Trump. I think Biden has it in him. It may not be pretty, but I’ll take what I can get.

Reactions: Bill4411
Makes sense to me. But he'd have to finesse the inevitable accusations of being afraid of Trump or afraid he'd stick his foot clear down his throat.

Supporters Urge Joe Biden Not to Debate Trump, Applaud Hosts for Canceling Over COVID-19 Concerns

https://www.newsweek.com/supporters...osts-canceling-over-covid-19-concerns-1522178

"We saw in the debates in 2016 Hillary Clinton showed a mastery of the issues, every point she made was more honest and bested Trump," Lockhart told CNN. "But Trump came out of the debates doing better I think because he just kept repeating the same old lies: 'we're going to build a wall and Mexico is going to pay for it,' 'we're going to keep all those Mexican rapists out of the country,' and 'we're going to make great trade deals' — none of these things have come to pass."

"Giving him that national forum to continue to spout — get him to 21,000 or 22,000 lies — I think just isn't worth it for the Democrats or for Biden," Lockhart continued.​

This is an incredibly stupid idea. Would play right into team Trump's talking points that Biden is much too mentally feeble. Biden did fine in the primary debates, for the most part. Just needs to not vomit on himself and he'll be fine again. Nothing Trump says really matters.

I think stories like these are just trial balloons. This one full of lead.

I think the debates will be good for Biden. Trump always gets in trouble just by opening his mouth. Also Biden will be able to attack just about anything that Trump says just by saying how can we believe you. You've lied to the American people over twenty thousand times. I wouldn't be surprised if they showed up with 20,000 memorandums stacked up detailing all of his lies.

Reactions: glmiu11
Biden should invite Corn Pop to kick Trump's ass. He's one bad dude, according to ole Joe.

Yeah and those blonde leg hairs of his. He likes to get wet in pool and let the water drip down his legs and let kids come up and touch his legs. And kids jumping on his lap. Joe says he loves kids jumping on his lap. He needs to bring Dr. Pepper with him too.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
He was talking about T...r...u...m...p. (I typed it nice and slow for you.)
Biden is 77.

Trump is a mere 74 but still is struggling to keep up with Biden.

Does any thinking human really think Trump is a Mensa candidate?

Claiming Biden is stupid does not prove Trump is smart.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
I think the debates will be good for Biden. Trump always gets in trouble just by opening his mouth. Also Biden will be able to attack just about anything that Trump says just by saying how can we believe you. You've lied to the American people over twenty thousand times. I wouldn't be surprised if they showed up with 20,000 memorandums stacked up detailing all of his lies.
I hope you’re right

Biden is 77.

Biden isn’t stupid, I don’t think anyone is saying that.

biden is experiencing the symptoms of dementia or Alzheimer’s, it’s sad for any human

I don’t agree. I think he’s an aging guy that’s had surgeries and a stuttering problem.
He’s got my vote on lock

brain surgeries?

what kind of below the neck procedures impair your cognitive ability down the line?

because you aren’t voting for biden, you’re voting for his handlers
I’m not gonna vote for Trump. If that’s the handlers, then fine. Let’s get a Republican with some values to give it a shot in four years.
Why are you ok with what Trump is doing to the future of our kids man?

Reactions: Bill4411
I’m not gonna vote for Trump. If that’s the handlers, then fine. Let’s get a Republican with some values to give it a shot in four years.
Why are you ok with what Trump is doing to the future of our kids man?

huh? Future of our kids what are you talking about?

If Biden somehow how wins the whole country better pray Republicans hold the senate. If not I guarantee you Schumer, Bernie, Pelosi and the Squad pass all kinds of moonbat legislation. GND, Medicare for all, etc. You think Biden would veto any of that?

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
Only scared cats run. Do we want a scared President? I say Joe Biden if you thinks he can be leader of the free world should come out of his basement and debate Trump on the issues. Let him defend his views. I'd like to hear from him in a debate.
Come out of his basement? Why do you constantly say such stupid things? Your propaganda trainer give you extra crackers or something?

Scared like someone that hides in a bunker and builds multiple barricades around the White House while being guarded by secret service? That scared?
Festung%2BTrump.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: TommyCracker
Makes sense to me. But he'd have to finesse the inevitable accusations of being afraid of Trump or afraid he'd stick his foot clear down his throat.

Supporters Urge Joe Biden Not to Debate Trump, Applaud Hosts for Canceling Over COVID-19 Concerns

https://www.newsweek.com/supporters...osts-canceling-over-covid-19-concerns-1522178

"We saw in the debates in 2016 Hillary Clinton showed a mastery of the issues, every point she made was more honest and bested Trump," Lockhart told CNN. "But Trump came out of the debates doing better I think because he just kept repeating the same old lies: 'we're going to build a wall and Mexico is going to pay for it,' 'we're going to keep all those Mexican rapists out of the country,' and 'we're going to make great trade deals' — none of these things have come to pass."

"Giving him that national forum to continue to spout — get him to 21,000 or 22,000 lies — I think just isn't worth it for the Democrats or for Biden," Lockhart continued.​
Here is just one scenario I'd like to see.

Biden should not try to win the debate under high school debate rules like Hillary tried to "master the issues." Trump ignored that effort and responded with class-clown guerrilla war and distraction.

Don't know of course if they would be on the same stage, but if they are, Biden should at least ask for a rule that requires the candidates to remain at their own podium (to justify his response later).

Regardless whether this rule is actually imposed, Trump inevitably will leave his podium if they are on the same stage. When that happens, I'd like to see Biden stride over to Trump's podium and pick up his water glass without shaking (no need to actually drink those cooties). This obviously pisses on Trump's turf and reminds the world that Trump has the shakes.

What's Trump gonna do? The first time he whines, Biden should just say, "Oh, I looked here and saw you had gone home. Here, would you like to stand at your podium and hold your water glass?"

if Biden tries to win the high school debate way, he should keep his answers short, like one sentence prefaced by "I've answered that question many times and (10-word pre-prepared and vetted sentence)" followed by looking at Trump to watch him struggle formulating a response or avoiding one. If Biden occupies Trump's podium, he should stay there the rest of the event. (Trump would look like a fool to go over and stand at Biden's old podium.)

Trump's attacks won't work against safe, short answers.

Come out of his basement? Why do you constantly say such stupid things? Your propaganda trainer give you extra crackers or something?

Scared like someone that hides in a bunker and builds 4 barricades around the White House?
Festung%2BTrump.jpg

get a mob of insane animals outside your house who would kill you, you’d do the same around your moms house

If Biden somehow how wins the whole country better pray Republicans hold the senate. If not I guarantee you Schumer, Bernie, Pelosi and the Squad pass all kinds of moonbat legislation. GND, Medicare for all, etc. You think Biden would veto any of that?
I doubt it.
I know what you mean but I doubt it.

I agree, but I really want to see someone stand up to Trump. I think Biden has it in him. It may not be pretty, but I’ll take what I can get.
I agree. My Post 64 describes a scenario based on body language and physical positioning not vocabulary.

its a direct comparison

you don’t like trump does that, but someone else who did the exact same thing, for twice the amount of time kind you, has your vote “in lock”
Twice the amount of time? Link

as bad as Trump: link?

ill be as willing to admit I’m wrong as anyone you ever spoke to

Or provide ammo to the crowd that believes he’s lost his mind
Who Trump? I remember that crazy rambling debate answer, filled with off the wall non sequiturs, he gave in the first debate with Hillary. And there’s the crazy rambling press conferences. Joe may stammer and forget, but he’s not a rambling idiot.

Biden is 77.

No, it proves they are both stupid. Can't anyone on this forum understand a criticism of Biden does NOT equal a love of Trump. Geesh.

Twice the amount of time? Link

as bad as Trump: link?

ill be as willing to admit I’m wrong as anyone you ever spoke to

biden was vp the entire Obama years right?

8 = 4 x 2 last time I checked

not gonna search for a link, is there a better or worse way to do that?

No, it proves they are both stupid. Can't anyone on this forum understand a criticism of Biden does NOT equal a love of Trump. Geesh.
I think everyone does. Neither one of them are stupid. One of them is evil.

Biden isn’t stupid, I don’t think anyone is saying that.

biden is experiencing the symptoms of dementia or Alzheimer’s, it’s sad for any human

Well, Gates said he was wrong on every major foreign policy decision for the past 40 years. So if he Is NOT stupid, he incompetent.

biden was vp the entire Obama years right?

8 = 4 x 2 last time I checked

not gonna search for a link, is there a better or worse way to do that?
I’ll look into it myself. But there’s no way these people should be in cages right now while this virus is spreading. It’s evil.

ADVERTISEMENT