ADVERTISEMENT

Shot Clock Violations

Jan 14, 2021
It's so much fun watching this team play defense - forcing difficult shots and better yet, multiple shot clock violations. After watching Iowa try to run and gun vs Wisconsin, it will be interesting to watch. I know the offense is behind the defense as far as progress, but man, if we continue to progress, we'll be very dangerous by March. Curious though - why no Leal last night?

Rolled an ankle in practice? Doesn't seem like a candidate for violation of Team rules or 'disciplinary action'. Wasn't sulking on the Bench so maybe just something cautionary or Woodson didn't like the match-up.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucy01
Rolled an ankle in practice? Doesn't seem like a candidate for violation of Team rules or 'disciplinary action'. Wasn't sulking on the Bench so maybe just something cautionary or Woodson didn't like the match-up.
The chosen one has spoken. Great insight as always!!! I feel smarter just reading your posts

• Love
It's so much fun watching this team play defense - forcing difficult shots and better yet, multiple shot clock violations. After watching Iowa try to run and gun vs Wisconsin, it will be interesting to watch. I know the offense is behind the defense as far as progress, but man, if we continue to progress, we'll be very dangerous by March. Curious though - why no Leal last night?
Honestly I think Leal is at least 5th on the depth chart at the 2/3 positions. He is behind Stewart, Kopp, Bates, and now Galloway. Hell, at the end of the game Rob is even ahead of him at the 2/3 for defense.

I don’t expect to see Leal much barring injuries or mop up duty.

Johnson
Stewart
Kopp
Thompson
TJD

Rob
Bates
Galloway
Geronimo
Durr

That seems to be the set rotation and there could be some minor shuffling between the two as the year goes on but unless there is an injury I doubt anyone not currently in those lineups gets much pt outside of mop up duty.

My guess is Galloway plays in front of him. Though I do think Leal has closed the gap and will still get minutes here and there.

Was wondering the same about Leal. He always seems to be a nice spark off the bench. And with our struggles from 3, might have been nice to give him a chance to open up the floor a bit. Maybe hurt?

Was wondering the same about Leal. He always seems to be a nice spark off the bench. And with our struggles from 3, might have been nice to give him a chance to open up the floor a bit. Maybe hurt?
Leal got off to a nice start, but going back to and including the Wisconsin game he has made ONE 3 pointer. He has had plenty of decent looks in the last month and nothing to show for it. Let's not get our expectations get the best of us.

• Love
Leal got off to a nice start, but going back to and including the Wisconsin game he has made ONE 3 pointer. He has had plenty of decent looks in the last month and nothing to show for it. Let's not get our expectations get the best of us.
The only expectation I tried to convey is that I wanted to see him get a chance. Kopp was so bad most of his time, I really don’t think Leal would have been worse on Offense, and Leal is a better defender. There is. I expectation that he would come in and drop dimes all over the place. He is also a high energy guy.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT