ADVERTISEMENT

Shooting woes...

I had them as a middle pack BIG10 team where they would win 20+ games and make the tournament, which considering they already had 20 wins (and were a tourney lock) before the rest of the BIg10 tournament got cancelled I was pretty much right on point.

IU has had some bad basketball players over the past few years, those players are no longer on the roster. IU nabbed one of the top recruiting classes in the BIG10 as well to go with an improved TJD, Phinesee, Hunter ect...

Also, I'm not a perpetually negative person and I'm actually rooting for the team to succeed unlike some here. Obviously Archie/IU need a breakout year this year and based on the roster I think they get it.

I'm also sure that if IU turns it around posters like you and smitty will be nowhere to be found.
So, you had them with a losing Big 10 record, with most of their conference wins over the bottom feeders in the league? Did you also think Miller needed a really good 4th year just to get to an overall Big 10 winning percentage of .500? And you acknowledged that the 20 win season would only be achieved by playing non-con cupcakes?

Strange that you believe people who have higher expectations for the program than you do are nonetheless not “rooting for the team to succeed”. Can you walk us through your logic on why you claim you support the program more but expect less?

Reactions: IUgradman
Looking at how unbearable this board has become with trolls it's no surprise that most of the more informative posters are far less active.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Looking at how unbearable this board has become with trolls it's no surprise that most of the more informative posters are far less active.
Why aren’t you a ”more informative poster”? And why do you instantly label people who take a more in depth view than your own as “trolls”?

Reactions: Lucy01
Still there!
Awesome! We have a new member of the Negative Nancy Whine and Troll Club showing up even before the first half of the first game is over. Other members of the club couldn't wait to chime in too. We this to look forward too all year long. That's just fricking awesome . . .

Why aren’t you a ”more informative poster”? And why do you instantly label people who take a more in depth view than your own as “trolls”?
You are a troll. You've been a troll under each of your names here until you got banned and showed up with yet another name, but posting in the same obnoxious, know it all, cowardly way.

Last edited:
Awesome! We have a new member of the Negative Nancy Whine and Troll Club showing up even before the first half of the first game is over. Other members of the club couldn't wait to chime in too. We this to look forward too all year long. That's just fricking awesome . . .
My statement about Leal is true.

You are a troll. You've been a troll under each of your names here until you got banned and showed up with yet another name, but posting in the same obnoxious, know it all, cowardly way.
Says the dimwitted troll who obviously can’t talk IU basketball. Either discuss hoops or do us all a favor and go away. Deal? Or going to continue to proudly demonstrate your ignorance for all to see? Your choice.

Says the dimwitted troll who obviously can’t talk IU basketball. Either discuss hoops or do us all a favor and go away. Deal? Or going to continue to proudly demonstrate your ignorance for all to see? Your choice.
You rarely discuss hoops. You're here only to start arguments and engage in them in the most obnoxious way. You're a troll. Period.

You rarely discuss hoops. You're here only to start arguments and engage in them in the most obnoxious way. You're a troll. Period.
So, you’ve chosen ignorance. Not surprising. Stop posting if you can’t talk hoops, troll boy. Please go away and annoy others.

So, you’ve chosen ignorance. Not surprising. Stop posting if you can’t talk hoops, troll boy. Please go away and annoy others.
You know that you're on the ignore list for many of the posters here, right? Do you ever wonder why that would be? I'll let you know - you're an insufferable douchebag and anti-IU, non-grad troll. This is why you're repeatedly banned, Mary. If you weren't a coward, you'd admit that. However, you are a coward so you won't. I'm going to try the ignore thing for you. Everyone that has you on ignore says that it's a much better board without you. By the way, you're such an idiot you'll respond to me even when I can't see your post. That's truly how stupid you are.

You know that you're on the ignore list for many of the posters here, right? Do you ever wonder why that would be? I'll let you know - you're an insufferable douchebag and anti-IU, non-grad troll. This is why you're repeatedly banned, Mary. If you weren't a coward, you'd admit that. However, you are a coward so you won't. I'm going to try the ignore thing for you. Everyone that has you on ignore says that it's a much better board without you. By the way, you're such an idiot you'll respond to me even when I can't see your post. That's truly how stupid you are.
You’ve chosen ignorance because you can’t talk hoops, likely because you have little familiarity with IU. Please put me on ignore rather than stalk me like the little ankle biting coward you are. I obviously live in your small mind if you’re this desperate. lol. But I know you’ll keep doing it, just like one of your counting buddies. Another pretendinitis sufferer.

I don’t hate iu?? I just don’t see us being any better than middle of the pack in BIG. Same issues we have had in past two years are still showing. FT’s and outside shooting. If I’m wrong I’m wrong just don’t see a national title or big ten contender with this group
Middle of the pack B1G team is a top 25 team.

Middle of the pack B1G team is a top 25 team.
That's true. I expect this team to get into the top 25 and stay there this year. They have the talent and if they demonstrate that they have the attitude they'll easily be top 15.

Sadly this is what they did last year as well. I finally gave up and frequented two other boards where the passive aggressive trolling (google then paste) by non-IU people was absent. If the mods can't control them this year I will do the same. Sad to see what this place has become.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
One aspect I have not seen discussed is Lander's shot mechanics. That low set push is not going to be to his advantage from the arc. His right hand is also often in the wrong position. I taught a lot of young kids how to shoot and he needs work. I suspect next summer will be the best time to address it.

Reactions: Crayfish57
I see there are more posts by the ignored poster. I'd bet 50 bucks that the idiot responded to me even though I can't see it. That's how stupid he is.

Reactions: Lucy01 and Birnk403
I see there are more posts by the ignored poster. I'd bet 50 bucks that the idiot responded to me even though I can't see it. That's how stupid he is.
Please stop stalking, since I know you’re reading this. You came here yesterday looking for an argument, got blown up, then preceded to run away. Now you’re back, desperate for more attention and confrontation. It’s not a good look for you. Just leave, please.

Please stop stalking, since I know you’re reading this. You came here yesterday looking for an argument, got blown up, then preceded to run away. Now you’re back, desperate for more attention and confrontation. It’s not a good look for you. Just leave, please.
Just ignore him he’s your typical government employee!

Just ignore him he’s your typical government employee!
He really wants to matter, though. Desperately so. It’s a common symptom of chronic pretendinitis, something he and a few other select posters suffer from. They aren’t good for the board.

It has nothing to do with anything he said, he has the right to his perpetually negative opinion.

The reason it's dumb is that he formed that opinion based on the first game of the season against Tennessee Tech; in a season with a pandemic, very limited practice time, and no exhibition games. It gets even dumber if you start basing opinions on where some idiot from Lindy's ranked the Hoosiers as they are almost always wrong and likely barely watched IU last year if at all.

What makes it even MORE dumb is that IU's starting center didn't even play, let alone the fact that NOBODY knows after one game how much better these freshman are going to get as the season goes on. I was pretty damn impressed by a few of them last night.

I personally think this roster is loaded and that IU will make a big jump this year. It's an opinion that I didn't form over a blowout against Tennessee Tech, it's an opinion I formed in the offseason based on IU's recruiting class, the improvement towards the end of the season last year, as well as returning talent/experience and how it compares to the rest of the conference.

Anyone coming on here and basing their negative opinion of what's going to happen over an entire season because IU missed some 3s in 30 point win against an overmatched team in the first game, reads as someone that can't wait for something to bitch about.

He very well may be right and I might be wrong but I promise you it'll have nothing to do with that game last night, it'll be because of the roster underperforming their talent level and lack of improvement from the freshman.
If Jerome Hunter can play at the star level that was predicted for him coming out of high school, this could be a very decent (top 5 B1G and 6 seed NCCAT) team. We have a deep backcourt and a genuine star down low with TJD, but need Hunter to emerge as a consistent wing scorer that occupies defenses. Next week could tell the tale about whether he’s going to be more than just an average player.

I had them as a middle pack BIG10 team where they would win 20+ games and make the tournament, which considering they already had 20 wins (and were a tourney lock) before the rest of the BIg10 tournament got cancelled I was pretty much right on point.

IU has had some bad basketball players over the past few years, those players are no longer on the roster. IU nabbed one of the top recruiting classes in the BIG10 as well to go with an improved TJD, Phinesee, Hunter ect...

Also, I'm not a perpetually negative person and I'm actually rooting for the team to succeed unlike some here. Obviously Archie/IU need a breakout year this year and based on the roster I think they get it.

I'm also sure that if IU turns it around posters like you and smitty will be nowhere to be found.
No, since I’m an alum who’s been following the program for decades (and well before I ever arrived in Bloomington as a student), I’d be thrilled if we became a factor in the Big 10 and nationally again. But, unlike you, I’m going to look at the players we have, how they play, and how they’re coached, rather than a wishful and unsupported view that you seem more comfortable with. There’s room for both cheerleaders like you and realists like me.

He really wants to matter, though. Desperately so. It’s a common symptom of chronic pretendinitis, something he and a few other select posters suffer from. They aren’t good for the board.
He has about 10 of his buddies on the Cooler that act just like him! I call them the debit card crowd!

He has about 10 of his buddies on the Cooler that act just like him! I call them the debit card crowd!
You're a big disappointment, Lucy. You're actually conversing with the cowardly troll which tells me the idiot actually did respond to me. He's a special kind of stupid.

You're a big disappointment, Lucy. You're actually conversing with the cowardly troll which tells me the idiot actually did respond to me. He's a special kind of stupid.
More proof that you’re not really ignoring me. Another example of your chronic pretendinitis. Love it.

That's what lap dogs do. Put them both on ignore and have done with it. The dog will drool and yap at others but it kills Ordy when no one responds Lives for it, some version of DTs. and even more acute psychosis without. Just like some of the toons in Roger Rabbit.

Maybe pin something at the top of the Board. Seeing as they're all in dereliction of duty, you are hereby anointed Acting Moderator. Call for a boycott - vanquish immoderation.

Hell, lots of folks would back that play. A very hearty Mahalo in advance.

That's what lap dogs do. Put them both on ignore and have done with it. The dog will drool and yap at others but it kills Ordy when no one responds Lives for it, some version of DTs. and even more acute psychosis without. Just like some of the toons in Roger Rabbit.

Maybe pin something at the top of the Board. Seeing as they're all in dereliction of duty, you are hereby anointed Acting Moderator. Call for a boycott - vanquish immoderation.

Hell, lots of folks would back that play. A very hearty Mahalo in advance.
I proved he was Prankster Mary, but he denies it. That makes him a dishonorable coward deserving no respect and I think you're right - he has some mental issues as well. I'll keep him on ignore for a while. I might take him off in a few weeks, before he's banned yet again, to laugh at him. ;)

I proved he was Prankster Mary, but he denies it. That makes him a dishonorable coward deserving no respect and I think you're right - he has some mental issues as well. I'll keep him on ignore for a while. I might take him off in a few weeks, before he's banned yet again, to laugh at him. ;)
Irony . . . Someone who runs away while calling another poster a coward, and then falsely saying he’s ignoring said poster. Funny how Internet muscle heads like you usually melt like ice cream. You guys really need to just go away and leave this place to those of us who actually care about IU basketball. Just leave.

Hey, it takes 2 to fight. Why keep doing it? Each are playing into each other's hands.

Reactions: DiscoBriscoe
Hey, it takes 2 to fight. Why keep doing it? Each are playing into each other's hands.
I'm not. He's on ignore and I haven't seen any of his posts for almost 24 hours. I was told this board is better without him and they were right. I'm also sure that he hates being ignored so that's just a bit of a bonus. ;)

The guy showed up yesterday, looking for an argument, didn’t get it, got mad, and stomped off. Now he’s back to proclaim that he’s ignoring me, even though . . .

He doesn’t seem to want to talk IU basketball, so it would be nice if he left.

Honestly a recommendation of ignoring that miserable bitch should be pinned to the top of this forum.

Honestly a recommendation of ignoring that miserable bitch should be pinned to the top of this forum.

No pinning privileges. Have to do a blacklist post and bump as necessary.

Already there for my part, want nothing to do with TheHoosier.com village idiot.

The Water Cooler is over there. This is the basketball board. You and Rikki really don’t have any reason to be here. Please leave. Thanks.

Thanks to all for ruining this board
Having a good discussion in this thread and Aloha and Rikki decided to jump in as self appointed censors. They badly want to control the content of posts, and they’re totally intolerant of any opinion other than their own. A quick look at other threads shows several others like to join in and attempt to censor anyone who doesn’t go along with their views. A shame, and really strange. Internet muscle flexers like them suck.

Having a good discussion in this thread and Aloha and Rikki decided to jump in as self appointed censors. They badly want to control the content of posts, and they’re totally intolerant of any opinion other than their own. A quick look at other threads shows several others like to join in and attempt to censor anyone who doesn’t go along with their views. A shame, and really strange. Internet muscle flexers like them suck.
*piggy poop balls picture*

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT