ADVERTISEMENT

Shooting in Bloomington last Night

Pretty sure other places in Indiana ship their homeless to Btown. And it seems like something always happens Little 5 week and the bigger problems typically involve people from out of town.

Reactions: UncleMark
Since when is it the University's responsibility to provide immediate, live updates on crimes that are occurring off campus?
They have been for years. I’d get really mad getting 3 am texts about something happening out by the mall. As for 1:00 am on Friday, especially Little 5 Weekend, the bars are certainly part of campus. At least considering there are thousands of students out.

Nanny state.
Nanny school.
Wait. You seriously think students shouldn’t be updated about a shooting at a college bar that was filled with college students? Or that the students and their parents shouldn’t be concerned about it? We are worried about books and cRT but who cares about a little gunplay in a popular downtown bar? Let them figure it out on their own and spread rumors all night, I’m surprised we still don’t know more today.

They have been for years. I’d get really mad getting 3 am texts about something happening out by the mall. As for 1:00 am on Friday, especially Little 5 Weekend, the bars are certainly part of campus. At least considering there are thousands of students out.

I have to believe the University can only rely on the information they get from BPD and other authorities. To claim the University didn't perform their "duty" well is a reach.

The bars aren't part of campus. That's BPD, not IUPD.
Well, all I know is that for years I’ve been informed of every single thing happening in Bloomington in the middle of the night and then the one thing that does happen that actually involves the kids and no one can get answers.

Well, all I know is that for years I’ve been informed of every single thing happening in Bloomington in the middle of the night and then the one thing that does happen that actually involves the kids and no one can get answers.
You got the update, just not as timely as you'd like to get it. How do you know that previous text updates were received in real time and not also delayed?

Reactions: Spartans9312
I have to believe the University can only rely on the information they get from BPD and other authorities. To claim the University didn't perform their "duty" well is a reach.
I’d like to think the IUPD was keeping the university informed, but maybe not. All I know is I’ve been informed when a Speedway Miles from campus was robbed , so it was a little frustrating no one had info for hours after this.

The shooting was at the Kalao Nightclub on north Walnut. 3 men shot in the club with another man shot in the Alley. This is not a good look for Bloomington.
4 were injured and 2 killed in Lafayette last night at an apartment complex that's known for a lot of criminal activity.

It's happening more and more in smaller towns across America.

Thugs are the problem!
Everybody's packin' these days.

I'm not sure how Rudy got away with the 'stop and frisk' policy, but it worked. We need to start doing that everywhere.

4 were injured and 2 killed in Lafayette last night at an apartment complex that's known for a lot of criminal activity.

It's happening more and more in smaller towns across America.
Guns were the number one cause of death for kids between 1 and 20 last year. More than car crashes or anything else, certainly Covid

Reactions: DANC
Guns were the number one cause of death for kids between 1 and 20 last year. More than car crashes or anything else, certainly Covid
I live in Charlotte and every time there is a shooting, there are people interviewed who say something along the lines of "We need to teach our kids violence isn't the answer".

Do you know how that affects a teenager who is raised on seeing that shit in their schools and neighborhood? Not one iota.

Active policing is the only answer. Not basketball or other 'programs' that don't do diddly.

I'd set up an anonymous tip line for anyone to report gang and criminal activity and then aggressive police follow-up. Right now, cops can't do anything unless a crime is committed. We need to take the guns away and, if that causes a few of these morons to lose some civil rights along the way, so be it.

We brought this on as a country when we started paying women to have kids. Now everyone wonders why kids act the way they do when fathers are nowhere to be found.

We've got to find some other way than just wringing our hands and hoping it doesn't affect us.

Reactions: 76-1
Everybody's packin' these days.

I'm not sure how Rudy got away with the 'stop and frisk' policy, but it worked. We need to start doing that everywhere.

that and gentrification anyway.

that said, stop and frisk absolutely did have an impact.

i'm guessing the huge impact it had was discouraging everyone from "packing" all the time.

yes, too many guns is the big problem.

but while the Pubs constantly, and correctly, rail at the violence problem, at the same time they are perpetuating it.

as is the black leadership, who say "yeh, they're thugs, but they're our thugs", so block getting, and more importantly, keeping, the thugs off the street..

said black leadership is the worst enemy of it's own constituency.

and the party that supports them.

we need gun control legislation.

and putting violent criminals in prison, and throwing away the key.

I live in Charlotte and every time there is a shooting, there are people interviewed who say something along the lines of "We need to teach our kids violence isn't the answer".

Do you know how that affects a teenager who is raised on seeing that shit in their schools and neighborhood? Not one iota.

Active policing is the only answer. Not basketball or other 'programs' that don't do diddly.

I'd set up an anonymous tip line for anyone to report gang and criminal activity and then aggressive police follow-up. Right now, cops can't do anything unless a crime is committed. We need to take the guns away and, if that causes a few of these morons to lose some civil rights along the way, so be it.

We brought this on as a country when we started paying women to have kids. Now everyone wonders why kids act the way they do when fathers are nowhere to be found.

We've got to find some other way than just wringing our hands and hoping it doesn't affect us.

A), end the war on drugs, which is the genesis of this whole problem.

and gave cover to real criminals, when those who only did drug crimes got absurd sentences.

the legit push back against the absurd sentences for drug crimes, got hijacked by those who then used it as cover to push back against sentences for real crime.

and the war created a massive misappropriation of time and resources for the system.

B), while it's tough to stop violent criminals and thieves pre crime, we can keep them in prison and stop them from being repeat offenders.. and put out more deterrent in the first place.

converging victimless crime with real crime created a lot of this problem.

separating them is a big part of the answer.

that and meaningful gun control legislation, and meaningful penalties for offenders of the legislation.

citizen do need to be allowed to own guns.

but they need to be properly wadeered before getting them.

and this "open carry" without a permit is insanity.

Ok Karen.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
It was the first weekend of October last year. Trash was all over the street before the sample gates. And I mean a ton of trash. Homeless on the sidewalk up and down kirkwood between Nick's and the library on the other side of the street
I think that's the weekend lucy had a family reunion in Btown, it's not usually like that

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT