ADVERTISEMENT

Shooting in Bloomington last Night

Lucy01

Hall of Famer
Sep 16, 2014
The shooting was at the Kalao Nightclub on north Walnut. 3 men shot in the club with another man shot in the Alley. This is not a good look for Bloomington.

Last edited:
Two blocks and 20 minutes apart. Everyone shot in or below their midsection and 3 people in custody. Weird and disturbing stuff during Little 5 weekend to boot.

• Angry
Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
IU did not do a good job with this. They didn’t send out the alert to students until almost two hours after it happened. By then, as you can imagine, the rumor mill was working overtime, parents were calling etc. They have a campus wide group chat that was doing a better job keeping them informed than the administration did" . Rumors were floating that there were six killed. Everything is still surprisingly quiet about what went on. Know it was all men oldest was 41. I think one was 22, but I don’t think any of them were students.

The shooting was at the Kalao Nightclub on north Walnut. 3 men shot in the club with another man shot in the Alley. This is not a good look for Bloomington.
Did the peeps escape by driving 90 mph through town?

Reactions: UncleMark
Well, only a thug would carry a gun in Bloomington.

I know many good people who carry a gun in Bloomington. My BIL, retired police officer, carries one. He is no "thug". My Army nephew (RIP) from the 82nd Airborne, carried and is not a "thug". They are just smart enough to know not to go to a bar with a bunch of drunks late at night or early morning.

IU did not do a good job with this. They didn’t send out the alert to students until almost two hours after it happened. By then, as you can imagine, the rumor mill was working overtime, parents were calling etc. They have a campus wide group chat that was doing a better job keeping them informed than the administration did" . Rumors were floating that there were six killed. Everything is still surprisingly quiet about what went on. Know it was all men oldest was 41. I think one was 22, but I don’t think any of them were students.
Not helping the rep of the new President and Provost.

Bloomington's administration is going to have to get off the idea that they can run that town with a hippie attitude. They need to crack down on the drug stuff, hard, and also just on crime in general. I69 running through the city combined with the University is going to make that city a bigger stopping point for the drug pipeline from Mexico even more pronounced than it already is.

Bloomington's administration is going to have to get off the idea that they can run that town with a hippie attitude. They need to crack down on the drug stuff, hard, and also just on crime in general. I69 running through the city combined with the University is going to make that city a bigger stopping point for the drug pipeline from Mexico even more pronounced than it already is.
I was there last year for the first time in many years. Was very disappointed in Kirkwood and the city. Homeless everywhere. Trash. Looked awful. The big smoke shops are what you see in run done parts of cities. Few more of those and it'll look like a Missouri Valley Conf school. Only thing missing are pawn shops

Campus looked great tho.

Last edited:
Bloomington doesn’t actively police anymore. Heck, some of their police cars don’t even say police anymore because it’s triggering to people. I can only imagine what it will look like in another generation.

I was there last year for the first time in many years. Was very disappointed in Kirkwood and the city. Homeless everywhere. Trash. Looked awful. The big smoke shops are what you see in run done parts of cities. Few more of those and it'll look like a Missouri Valley Conf school. Only thing missing are pawn shops

Campus looked great tho.
That’s what the woke crowd is all about .

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
That’s what the woke crowd is all about .
My stereotypical experience. Hippies in the hood. Bad. Dirty. Gays in the neighborhood. Fantastic. DINKs. Make everything better. Clean. Kept up. Bitch if it isn't.

Last edited:
Bloomington doesn’t actively police anymore. Heck, some of their police cars don’t even say police anymore because it’s triggering to people. I can only imagine what it will look like in another generation.
They don’t actively police anymore? I know quite a few college kids, including Xavier Johnson who disagree with that.

Campus looked great tho.
I’m surprised about Kirkwood, as it usually looks pretty great . I don’t believe I saw a homeless person all weekend. The majority have relocated around Seminary Park. Several new restaurants and a couple new shops, but don’t remember seeing more than one smoke shop. Way too many kids vaping though, so it wouldn’t surprise me.

Reactions: mcmurtry66

Since when is it the University's responsibility to provide immediate, live updates on crimes that are occurring off campus?

I’m surprised about Kirkwood, as it usually looks pretty great . I don’t believe I saw a homeless person all weekend. The majority have relocated around Seminary Park. Several new restaurants and a couple new shops, but don’t remember seeing more than one smoke shop. Way too many kids vaping though, so it wouldn’t surprise me.
It was the first weekend of October last year. Trash was all over the street before the sample gates. And I mean a ton of trash. Homeless on the sidewalk up and down kirkwood between Nick's and the library on the other side of the street

Last year was kind of an outlier with the lockdowns and crowd restrictions and all that. Lots of Kirkwood and downtown businesses were shut down or on reduced hours. Things are back to normal now. The street people are no worse than they've always been. With the weather finally breaking things are looking really good. But if you're looking to find fault, no doubt you can.

Reactions: DANC
Last year was kind of an outlier with the lockdowns and crowd restrictions and all that. Lots of Kirkwood and downtown businesses were shut down or on reduced hours. Things are back to normal now. The street people are no worse than they've always been. With the weather finally breaking things are looking really good. But if you're looking to find fault, no doubt you can.
Got it! And good to hear

They don’t actively police anymore? I know quite a few college kids, including Xavier Johnson who disagree with that.
Most of the real issues lately have not been with students. It is the people who come in to provide services to the students or those who are drawn to the lifestyle (partying) around the campus.

Has Bloomington defunded the cops yet?

Mayor is requesting a county income tax increase to fund police and fire budget increases. The thing is, he also wants money to spend on foo foo shit that trigger all the cons outside the city limits, so there's no telling how it's going to wash out.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
He was running 100 downtown! They had to stop him.

I guess what I’m talking about is trying to get the drugs and riff off the streets proactively. Controlled drug buys, stopping suspicious people for minor things. This happens so much down in Bedford and every other week we’re getting a meth dealer off the streets. I applaud them. It’s anything goes in Btown.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT