ADVERTISEMENT

SHOCKER---Purdue loses in a tournament

Yeah Silver is such an embarrassment playing against semi pros with an age limit of 25. Highest win margin, and without their backup center due to not being a citizen. You trolling...who could have seen that coming.

Reactions: KisteK
Yeah Silver is such an embarrassment playing against semi pros with an age limit of 25. Highest win margin, and without their backup center due to not being a citizen. You trolling...who could have seen that coming.
Watched some of the game against Serbia in the semi finals and Serbia was terrible.

Embarrassed to say I had no idea they were playing.

Nice to have some games right now, wish the Hoosiers did.

They couldn't win with Swanigan. they definitely won't without him. Their once a decade recruit has moved on.

Reactions: hoosier48
Are you satisfied with where you are at with the program under Painter.

Nope. I think he's a solid in-game coach but he still has his flaws. I think he leaves a lot to be desired in recruiting and don't think we should go 7 years in between Sweet 16's.

Reactions: Hoogolf
Many could have done as well or better. They don't represent the best of the USA.

Many could've done worse too. You're right they don't. This wasn't an all-star team with the best players from all colleges in the U.S. like the other teams. The other teams had the best players from those countries with guys up to 25 years old.

My reaction was the line from "Judgement Night" by Denis Leary when he said, "I hate Purdue. When's the last time they ever won anything anyway?"
I would love to find the Purdue letterman jacket Cuba Gooding Jr. wore in that movie.

I don't agree with this because I feel that Purdue will challenge MSU for the big ten title.
I think Purdue and IU will both be together at about third or fourth in the Big Ten next season. Purdue fans will be overjoyed at such a finish, but IU fans will be disappointed and continue to scream at each other on message boards.

I think Purdue and IU will both be together at about third or fourth in the Big Ten next season. Purdue fans will be overjoyed at such a finish, but IU fans will be disappointed and continue to scream at each other on message boards.
I don't think Purdue will finish lower than 3rd, IU will struggle to finish above 5th. We lose one player from a team that won the BIG by 2 games. Purdue has a Senior laden experienced team. A formula that usually does well in the BIG. Purdue also adds a skilled 7' 2" big man, an experienced highly rated juco and some needed athleticism.

I don't think Purdue will finish lower than 3rd, IU will struggle to finish above 5th. We lose one player from a team that won the BIG by 2 games. Purdue has a Senior laden experienced team. A formula that usually does well in the BIG. Purdue also adds a skilled 7' 2" big man, an experienced highly rated juco and some needed athleticism.
That one player was also an ALL AMERICAN and your best player by a mile. We saw in the gold medal game, the loss of Swanigan is going to hurt once they actually play solid (not great) competition.

That one player was also an ALL AMERICAN and your best player by a mile. We saw in the gold medal game, the loss of Swanigan is going to hurt once they actually play solid (not great) competition.
Best player - yes. By a mile - not even close.

Best player - yes. By a mile - not even close.
Yeah? Who on your team is going to get close to being an All American? You don't even have any 1st Team All B10 locks. Edwards and Haas have the potential to make the 1st team, but it's FAR from a lock and I'd argue it's more likely that neither make it and they both end up on 2nd team.

Many could've done worse too. You're right they don't. This wasn't an all-star team with the best players from all colleges in the U.S. like the other teams. The other teams had the best players from those countries with guys up to 25 years old.
also when Kansas represented the USA they added Nic Moore to their roster. Self knew he needed a top point guard. If Purdue had added a top player or two I am sure it would have helped their chances at gold.

also when Kansas represented the USA they added Nic Moore to their roster. Self knew he needed a top point guard. If Purdue had added a top player or two I am sure it would have helped their chances at gold.
I wish they would have added the players necessary to win for the USA. PorkChop needs to think of his country and representing the USA with the best chance to win. Instead, he thought of himself and how to best prepare the Broilees for next season. The result is the USA does not win the tournament. Boiler Down!

Not adding players needed to win the Gold while representing the USA is selfish and arrogant on Painter's part. Purdue mentality.

Reactions: jimmygoiu

There was a guy name Glenn Robinson who was not only ALL AMERICAN but THE #1 PICK in the NBA draft. How did Purdue fare the year after his departure?
And as good as Biggie was he was no Glenn Robinson. I've been watching college BB for 40 years and Purdue has a team that will challenge for a BIG title. MSU is the key. Purdue only plays them once and it's away. That game could very well decide the BIG champion.
NW won't finish ahead of Purdue. Minny is a BIG ? UM will be good. Iowa?
I think the BIG will go like: MSU, Purdue, UM, Minny, Md, Iowa, UW, NW, IU, OSU, PSU, Neb, UI, Ru.
IU could pass NW and Wisconsin. I doubt they can catch anyone else.

There was a guy name Glenn Robinson who was not only ALL AMERICAN but THE #1 PICK in the NBA draft. How did Purdue fare the year after his departure?
And as good as Biggie was he was no Glenn Robinson. I've been watching college BB for 40 years and Purdue has a team that will challenge for a BIG title. MSU is the key. Purdue only plays them once and it's away. That game could very well decide the BIG champion.
NW won't finish ahead of Purdue. Minny is a BIG ? UM will be good. Iowa?
I think the BIG will go like: MSU, Purdue, UM, Minny, Md, Iowa, UW, NW, IU, OSU, PSU, Neb, UI, Ru.
IU could pass NW and Wisconsin. I doubt they can catch anyone else.
I would bet you that I can find several more examples of teams losing a single All American and struggling (relatively) more so than a team not missing a beat. I think Purdue will be a top fourish team in the B10, but I don't think it's set in stone they are going to be a top two team in the B10. I've been watching college basketball for 30 plus years and I don't believe Purdue will really challenge for the B10 championship. They may be close, but they have a harder schedule than MSU does and don't have nearly the talent that MSU does. Minna and Northwestern both will be VERY solid teams. Hell, there are going to be many teams that will be solid and will be able to beat anyone on any given night. You have no depth in the post and Haas hasn't shown the ability to play extended minutes OR effectively guard the PnR/PnP. Rebounding is going to be an issue. You are kidding yourself to think you guys won't miss a beat without Swanigan.

Reactions: darkhawk returns
PU puts all their focus toward a B1G title because historically that is their ceiling. I just don't see top talent on this PU team outside of Edwards to compete for the B1G title. Swanigan is not walking back through the door at PU as a player. Good optimism though. I don't see PU in the top 2 teams in the B1G.

ADVERTISEMENT