ADVERTISEMENT

Share your grievances.

iubud

Hall of Famer
Aug 7, 2003
This place seems pretty quiet. Share who is pissing you off.

My sister-in-law and brother-in-law decided to have a “wedding party” to celebrate their 10th anniversary sincevjust had a JP wedding. That was bad enough I thought, but then I get a text this morning asking if I had a tux to wear. I don’t and, oh by the way, it’s tonight. The aren’t even having a ceremony, but apparently it is just for pictures. So my wife had to buy a ‘btidesmaid’ dress and I have to rent a tux just for freaking pictures. My vest is going to be a little different because they didn’t have the same style that fit me for today. I was really hoping they would just say they couldn’t do it that quickly. And the party is going to suck as well.

My sister-in-law and brother-in-law decided to have a “wedding party” to celebrate their 10th anniversary sincevjust had a JP wedding. That was bad enough I thought, but then I get a text this morning asking if I had a tux to wear. I don’t and, oh by the way, it’s tonight. The aren’t even having a ceremony, but apparently it is just for pictures. So my wife had to buy a ‘btidesmaid’ dress and I have to rent a tux just for freaking pictures. My vest is going to be a little different because they didn’t have the same style that fit me for today. I was really hoping they would just say they couldn’t do it that quickly. And the party is going to suck as well.

so your sister in law is married to your brother in law?

so is this some Kentucky thing, where i'm gonna have to reverse engineer exactly what went down here?

The New York State Assembly really upset me when they cheered the passing of their abortion up to birth bill. Governor Nauthaum of Virginia upset me when he said that after a woman has a baby, they will keep the child comfortable and then the doctors and mother will make a decision on whether to abort it post birth. Evil like this makes me very angry and if those people don't repent they will face God on judgment day and give an account.

so is this some Kentucky thing, where i'm gonna have to reverse engineer exactly what went down here?

I had to think about this for a brief moment, but your wife's siblings' spouse(s) is/are also your siblings in law.

That said, there is nothing wrong with keeping it in the bloodline, at least that's what my sister wife mother in law says...

The New York State Assembly really upset me when they cheered the passing of their abortion up to birth bill. Governor Nauthaum of Virginia upset me when he said that after a woman has a baby, they will keep the child comfortable and then the doctors and mother will make a decision on whether to abort it post birth. Evil like this makes me very angry and if those people don't repent they will face God on judgment day and give an account.

never did get the details on this.

NY or Virginia law?

so are there some restrictions/qualifiers on this abortion up to birth thing, (severe abnormalities-defects, etc), or is it open for anyone to do whenever they want?

Reactions: cryano

NY or Virginia law?

so are there some restrictions/qualifiers on this abortion up to birth thing, (severe abnormalities-defects, etc), or is it open for anyone to do whenever they want?
Virginia did not pass this law. It was the governor's comments I was talking about. NY is abortion for any reason up until birth.

That’s how it works, my wife’s sister is my sister-in-law, thus her husband is my brother/in-law, right? Regardless, it involves no blood relatives of mine.

Right now I'm pissed about IU basketball generally, but am reluctant to get shitty about any one person specifically (Miller? Glass? Romeo? Keion? Smith? Fitzner? Hunter's doctors? McRobbie?). So I'm in limbo, and that pisses me off too.

My manager for loading me up with more shit to do.
I've been "covering for" a guy out on leave since mid-December, in addition to my regular duties. I've never been one to not help out in a pinch or when there's an "all hands on deck" situation, but I'm now being taken advantage of. Making matters worse, there's a major time-sensitive administrative project that I'm being pushed to deal with. I'm on a dead run all day every day and there's only so much of my skinny ass to go around. I'll be spending my weekend in the office just getting a handle on the aforementioned project, and once that's completed in a few weeks I'm going to put my foot down. I know the cemeteries are full of indispensable people, but they can't run the place if there's no one doing my job or the other one I'm covering.

I just got my stomach churning typing that out.

I've been "covering for" a guy out on leave since mid-December, in addition to my regular duties. I've never been one to not help out in a pinch or when there's an "all hands on deck" situation, but I'm now being taken advantage of. Making matters worse, there's a major time-sensitive administrative project that I'm being pushed to deal with. I'm on a dead run all day every day and there's only so much of my skinny ass to go around. I'll be spending my weekend in the office just getting a handle on the aforementioned project, and once that's completed in a few weeks I'm going to put my foot down. I know the cemeteries are full of indispensable people, but they can't run the place if there's no one doing my job or the other one I'm covering.

I just got my stomach churning typing that out.

I know what you mean, I really do. I spent years being that "team player" under the thinking all the extra effort and extra work would somehow pay off and it did, just not for me. I understand the fear of confronting those who hold your job in their hands but if I learned anything, it's if you allow them to take advantage of you, they most assuredly will. It's the old inch/mile adage, and it's time tested. Have the chat with them, keep it cordial but matter of fact. If they are good @ what they do, they will accommodate. If they aren't, start looking...quietly. Find something else and accept it, and then **** them with no notice. Hell, just come in on the weekend before you start your new gig and clean out your office, leaving nothing but the keys and a Dear John letter. Tell them you would like to say it's not them but you, but it's really all them while listing everything that is wrong with them, Burn that bridge and burn it to the ground. It's quite cathartic once you get past your fear.

NY or Virginia law?

All you need to know is that VPM is lying. Not on purpose, of course. He honestly believes it. He's just stupid.

Reactions: Cream&Crimson
My twin brother for spazzing out on Thursday night, getting it all fixed on Friday, and then not even mentioning it since. I seriously hung up on him 3 times (he lives in Minnesota and I’m in California), but I’m sure I’m the as*hole.

All you need to know is that VPM is lying. Not on purpose, of course. He honestly believes it. He's just stupid.

was that supposed to be informative?

so what exactly is the NY law, what's the point of no return, and what are the restrictions after that?

Last edited:
Goat deleting my Wet Wednesday thread...bad goat

screen-shot-2013-03-12-at-4-06-54-pm.png

so what exactly is the NY law, what's the point of no return, and what are the restrictions after that?
The law simply took the current federal law (based on SCOTUS rulings) and put it into NY statutory law. So the restrictions are exactly the same as they were before, but now, if Roe v. Wade were overturned, there would be no change in New York.

I was reminded this weekend that my sister hates my kids. She reluctantly came to my daughter's wedding shower and bitched the whole time she was there and embarrassed my daughter in front of her future in laws.

She says she has a conflict for the wedding in less than 6 weeks. The wedding date has been set for 15 months. She went on to say that my daughter shouldn't have picked a day during the school year (my sister and daughter are both teachers) due to testing'

She has always said mean things to my wife and kids and has been a terrible aunt. She never asks about the wedding or if she can help. We helped with my nieces wedding and showed up 8 hours early to help set up and stayed late to clean up.

My dad said she is pissed that family from Arizona, Florida, Washington D.C. and other places are coming to this wedding and didn't come to her daughter's wedding. I want to point out that I actually talk to family and they like me and my wife and kids.

She isn't going to hear me beg her to come. I really don't want to listen to her on the wedding day

I was reminded this weekend that my sister hates my kids. She reluctantly came to my daughter's wedding shower and bitched the whole time she was there and embarrassed my daughter in front of her future in laws.

She says she has a conflict for the wedding in less than 6 weeks. The wedding date has been set for 15 months. She went on to say that my daughter shouldn't have picked a day during the school year (my sister and daughter are both teachers) due to testing'

She has always said mean things to my wife and kids and has been a terrible aunt. She never asks about the wedding or if she can help. We helped with my nieces wedding and showed up 8 hours early to help set up and stayed late to clean up.

My dad said she is pissed that family from Arizona, Florida, Washington D.C. and other places are coming to this wedding and didn't come to her daughter's wedding. I want to point out that I actually talk to family and they like me and my wife and kids.

She isn't going to hear me beg her to come. I really don't want to listen to her on the wedding day
Did you always hate her? Was she always a nasty beotch or did she evolve into one? Is her husband/SO nasty too? She probably needs to be medicated.

My family is famously direct and oddly enough we all get along. So your sister's behavior wouldn't fly very well within our family structure. I'm curious, did you or anyone take her to the side and tell her to go home and not to worry about the wedding because she's no longer invited?

Reactions: iucutter87
Did you always hate her? Was she always a nasty beotch or did she evolve into one? Is her husband/SO nasty too? She probably needs to be medicated.
I always thought we would grow closer as we got older. That didn't happen. People outside the family always say how nice she is. My wife said that until she was around her more. I told my wife she is acting nice but wait until she knows you better. Bingo.

My dad says she doesn't communicate well. I think she is just an unhappy person that saw her brother having too much fun growing up and grew more unhappy after getting married to a person with worse communication skills.

My family is famously direct and oddly enough we all get along. So your sister's behavior wouldn't fly very well within our family structure. I'm curious, did you or anyone take her to the side and tell her to go home and not to worry about the wedding because she's no longer invited?
I'm not going to kiss her ass to come, but I won't do anything to allow her to say later I didn't want her to come.. My daughter is making the seating chart for the reception. She isn't getting a prime location. I expect to drink the free beer and wine I'm paying for and hope she leaves after dinner is served.

I always thought we would grow closer as we got older. That didn't happen. People outside the family always say how nice she is. My wife said that until she was around her more. I told my wife she is acting nice but wait until she knows you better. Bingo.

My dad says she doesn't communicate well. I think she is just an unhappy person that saw her brother having too much fun growing up and grew more unhappy after getting married to a person with worse communication skills.

you don't know someone, till you have to deal with them in something other than a pure social setting.

social persona can be very different than the true nature of someone.

Family always shows their ass at either weddings and/or funerals. It's a rule.

VPN upsets me when he posts his political bs on here. I think God on judgement day will ask for Trumpsters to account for themselves and their ignorance.

Reactions: MaxCoke

NY or Virginia law?

I’m hoping you aren’t seriously expecting to get an honest answer from VPM?

NY or Virginia law?

Virginia did not pass this law. It was the governor's comments I was talking about. NY is abortion for any reason up until birth.
Stop lying . That’s a sin you know.

Do you know how to use this new thing called google? It’s pretty awesome!!

I’m going to have to go with IU basketball. I just keep thinking of all those games we were ahead in the last minute and the opponent hit an insane shot. First Ohio State, Ryan Cline hitiing rim and bouncing in, Bohanon of Iowa going insane both games, Northwestern kid hitting out his butt and never doing it again. Any one of those games and we are likely in. Annoying as hell.

Sports announcers that don't know the difference between the word, versus ( vur-suh s), and the word verse.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT