ADVERTISEMENT

SEZ as of November 24

RBB89

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 10, 2002
Yes I’m aware we are sucking right now. We aren’t adding seats. So please don’t respond with that. Anyway, here you go:

2mc6kq8.jpg

A jumboscreen, even if temporary, would have been a good addition, if not in place yet...

A jumboscreen, even if temporary, would have been a good addition, if not in place yet...
What? They put one in the north end zone specifically for that reason. They’re adding a video board twice as big in the south end zone next year, and then we will have two. There’s no way they were going to put in a temporary screen in the south end zone with all the work going on down there. It’s not like you just plug it in.

Have you never seen any of the renderings?

sdfdsg.jpg

Reactions: IUgradman
Bu -- bu -- bu -- we suck. Oh! And they're not adding any seats!
(Wink, wink. Poke in the ribs.)
In all seriousness, thanks, RBB for occasionally providing us with these terrific pics. I'm afraid if I tried to fly a drone, God alone knows where it would land! I complement your flying skills as well as your photography skills and I'm grateful for the pics.
Personally, I can't wait to hear how it will impact recruiting targets to talk to CTA and/or their position coach about their NFL futures while standing in front of a plaque that reads: "This room donated by the James Irsay family."
It's GOT to have SOME impact -- doesn't it?

Reactions: ESalum86
Bu -- bu -- bu -- we suck. Oh! And they're not adding any seats!
(Wink, wink. Poke in the ribs.)
In all seriousness, thanks, RBB for occasionally providing us with these terrific pics. I'm afraid if I tried to fly a drone, God alone knows where it would land! I complement your flying skills as well as your photography skills and I'm grateful for the pics.
Personally, I can't wait to hear how it will impact recruiting targets to talk to CTA and/or their position coach about their NFL futures while standing in front of a plaque that reads: "This room donated by the James Irsay family."
It's GOT to have SOME impact -- doesn't it?
Hopefully they don't emphasize the James Irsay Family part of it. He's not exactly someone IU would want to push forward.

Hopefully they don't emphasize the James Irsay Family part of it. He's not exactly someone IU would want to push forward.
Let's see. We need to attract more players who will end up playing in the NFL and we will "soon" have a plaque demonstrating that an NFL owner has donated money to the program.
Maybe you're right: Why would we want a recruit to make that connection?
BTW: Jim Irsay writes the biggest check in the NFL to Andrew Luck -- and it doesn't bounce. It seems to me that when you are talking with a kid who deeply believes he's going to end up in the NFL, showing a direct link between Indiana's football program and an NFL owner is only a good thing.
And, in my view, we'd be pushing the Indianapolis Colts more than Jim Irsay, himself.

Let's see. We need to attract more players who will end up playing in the NFL and we will "soon" have a plaque demonstrating that an NFL owner has donated money to the program.
Maybe you're right: Why would we want a recruit to make that connection?
BTW: Jim Irsay writes the biggest check in the NFL to Andrew Luck -- and it doesn't bounce. It seems to me that when you are talking with a kid who deeply believes he's going to end up in the NFL, showing a direct link between Indiana's football program and an NFL owner is only a good thing.
And, in my view, we'd be pushing the Indianapolis Colts more than Jim Irsay, himself.
Pushing the Colts and not emphasizing Irsay is precisely why I said they shouldn't emphasize the Irsay Family name, since JI has such a bad reputation.

What? They put one in the north end zone specifically for that reason. They’re adding a video board twice as big in the south end zone next year, and then we will have two. There’s no way they were going to put in a temporary screen in the south end zone with all the work going on down there. It’s not like you just plug it in.

Have you never seen any of the renderings?

sdfdsg.jpg

This has probably been asked too, but would like to know the size of both video boards. The SEZ board appears to be small in the rendering.

Pushing the Colts and not emphasizing Irsay is precisely why I said they shouldn't emphasize the Irsay Family name, since JI has such a bad reputation.
His checks don't bounce. I always found that to be really important in an employer.

This has probably been asked too, but would like to know the size of both video boards. The SEZ board appears to be small in the rendering.
NEZ: 20x60
SEZ: 40x90 (slightly bigger than the one we just removed, which was 36x91). I’m not sure what you’re looking at, but 40x90 is not small. You want something that’s large but not too obnoxious that takes away from the rest of the stadium and fits with the size of the facility. Not to mention that it’s going to be as hi-def as available, so it doesn’t need to be a monstrosity anyway.

For comparison...

Last edited:
NEZ: 20x60
SEZ: 40x90 (slightly bigger than the one we just removed, which was 36x91). I’m not sure what you’re looking at, but 40x90 is not small. You want something that’s large but not too obnoxious that takes away from the rest of the stadium and fits with the size of the facility. Not to mention that it’s going to be as hi-def as available, so it doesn’t need to be a monstrosity anyway.

For comparison...

Also, when doing these comparisons, its important to consider the amount of dedicated video space vs ad space. Of the "huge" ones on the list, all but OSU and MSU use up gratuitous amounts of real estate for advertising, which IU doesn't do.

Wisconsin's for example, while listed as the largest, the outer edges and over half of the overall size are dedicated to advertising, most of which is just printed billboards.

Camp_Randall_Scoreboard_2013.jpg

Also, when doing these comparisons, its important to consider the amount of dedicated video space vs ad space. Of the "huge" ones on the list, all but OSU and MSU use up gratuitous amounts of real estate for advertising, which IU doesn't do.

Wisconsin's for example, while listed as the largest, the outer edges and over half of the overall size are dedicated to advertising, most of which is just printed billboards.

Camp_Randall_Scoreboard_2013.jpg
Haha good catch.

OH THE HUMANITY...

2ch456b.jpg

2uepsp1.jpg

The press box is old and small and will need a replacement long term, but what a freaking baby.
He does come across as a whiner, but watching him absolutely bury some moron called B89 has been pretty funny though. Two small intellects doing small battle. Humor during a boring game.

I cannot tell you how fantastic it is to see I loved lucys respond to every thread, and yet I don’t have to read a word of it.

POTFB
I can't tell you how funny it is to watch some moron called B89 get pummeled on Twitter. Hysterical, but also kinda sad.

I cannot tell you how fantastic it is to see I loved lucys respond to every thread, and yet I don’t have to read a word of it.

POTFB

Now don't get any ideas about moving into his head. That space is mine and I am remodeling as we speak.

Reactions: RBB89
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT