ADVERTISEMENT

Sex is complicated

Comments:

1. The rarity of occurrences leans more toward mutation than a determinative conclusion away from binary sex.

2. How do theorists align sexual identification being mental with genetic identification being physical? My money says sexual id won’t align with genetic testing with any consistency. Then again there’s always mind over matter...

Reactions: CO. Hoosier
Comments:

1. The rarity of occurrences leans more toward mutation than a determinative conclusion away from binary sex.

2. How do theorists align sexual identification being mental with genetic identification being physical? My money says sexual id won’t align with genetic testing with any consistency. Then again there’s always mind over matter...

Your #2 is exactly my reaction. Anatomical sex is not ambiguous except in very rare circumstances. Anatomical anomalies exist in many ways. We don’t consider a person less human if they have six toes. Inconsequential sexual variations at the chromosome level does not change the clear binary nature of anatomy. While I know many struggle with sexual identity during adolescence and as puberty is working its physical and mental changes, this is no reason to cultivate and nurture sex confusion.

From the title of the thread, and the timestamp, I thought this was going to be about the OP having to sleep on the couch.

Were you ill with Covid? Or am I getting you mixed up with another poster? Seems you are doing well? I hope you are fully recovered.

Your #2 is exactly my reaction. Anatomical sex is not ambiguous except in very rare circumstances. Anatomical anomalies exist in many ways. We don’t consider a person less human if they have six toes. Inconsequential sexual variations at the chromosome level does not change the clear binary nature of anatomy. While I know many struggle with sexual identity during adolescence and as puberty is working its physical and mental changes, this is no reason to cultivate and nurture sex confusion.
Both the clear binary nature of anatomy and its function in perpetuating the species.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Actually, this article is good, and the information provided is valuable. However, due to the title, I thought that this thread would be different. It's definitely a bit unfair that nowadays people don't learn about sex, especially teenagers. Lately, many of our friends reach to sexologist because of their sex life problems. Also, some of my friends don't get sexual pleasure and use toys such as remote control vibrator in order to obtain satisfaction. I think that this subject should be taboo and people should discuss it freely.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT