ADVERTISEMENT

Seoul Finger: final thoughts before I depart for two weeks...

FormerPoster

Junior
Feb 7, 2005
1. I'm off tomorrow for the other side of the world -- two weeks in Seoul, South Korea & Beijing, China. Gonna make a big presentation, eat lots of weird things, see some interesting sites (especially in Beijing, where I'll go to Tienamen Square, the Forbidden City, and the Great Wall, among other places), and probably lose about 15 pounds due to the inevitable gastrointestinal system rebellion to come. I'm psyched about the trip, and losing a few pounds wouldn't hurt either.

2. I was up until midnight last night so I could get seats for my 12+ hour flight from Chicago to Tokyo tomorrow afternoon. Wife & I snagged a two seat row in a 2-5-2 plane configuration. It's coach, but it's a United flight, so there will be more legroom than normal to boot. Woo hoo!

3. Ever wonder why the exit row is always snagged before you get to change your seats? Here's a little-known secret of the airlines: you can't wait until the morning of the flight to call in to change your seat assignment. Start calling at midnight the night BEFORE your flight leaves, because that's when the airlines' computers open up all the seats they're holding.

4. Decent TV thought #1: I used to not be a big Kyra Sedgwick fan -- I still think Mr. Bacon is a bit odd looking -- but I like her in "The Closer," which offers up enough twists to keep things interesting throughout.

5. Decent TV thought #2: Anthony Bourdain's new show on the Travel Channel -- "No Reservations" -- is good TV. He's the author of Kitchen Confidential, a Chef at a French restaurant in NYC, and sort of the Iggy Pop of cooking. Put it this way: his theme song is done by the John Spencer Blues Explosion. This week he went to his old stomping grounds -- Northern New Jersey -- and pretty much tracked my life in North Jersey. He grew up about 20 minutes from my house (and about 5 minutes from where my mother now lives), we went to the same high school, and he went to a bunch of restaurants & places I used to go to as a H.S. student, or when I'm back in town. Good times. They even had a whole segment on Korean food, since the town where my mom lives is now very heavily Korean.

6. While waiting for midnight, I watched the first half hour or so of "Basic Instinct." Man, Sharon Stone circa 1992 was a top 5 of all time hottie.

7. The joy of raising a boy. Last night, around 1:30 am, my 18 month old son woke up bawling. So my wife had to go in to check on him. She starts yelling for me from the other room. Apparently, during the night, he had pulled off his PJ pants (something he'd never done before), ripped off his diaper, and peed all over his crib. The whole bed was soaked. It was as if he had a 25 oz bladder or something. He was very proud of himself.

8. That Top Spots link was interesting. My top 6 turned out to be Portland, OR; Providence, RI; Boston, MA; Eugene, OR; Baltimore, MD; & Hartford, CT. Honestly, I wouldn't mind living in any of those places, although I'd never really considered the Northwest that strongly before.

9. Don't burn this place down while I'm gone. I look forward to returning to regale you with unusual tales from the Orient.
This post was edited on 8/11 11:50 AM by FormerPosterif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

I fell asleep halfway through this post

I do not know how we are going to do without your drivel.

Be safe.

Sunday Dentists...

1. Post some pics, too...that would be sweet.
2. That's a long-assed flight. I would probably start running laps down the aisle during the 10th hour. I get antsy after a while.
3. I never think about that stuff. Good planning.
4. I don't have cable
5. I have seen a preview for this, making me wish I had cable again.
6. She's in the new Bill Murray movie, too...I'm sure I'll have to see that.
7. Urine is always good times
8. The NW is where it's at. If I ever blow this popstand, that's exactly where I'm headed.
9. I'll put a candle in the window for you.

That sounds cool, I hope

you have visited your local ID doc to get that plethora of shots. That should help prevent some of the funky disease problems. :)

Try and drink lots of green tea and tell me if you feel better after a few days. The Chinese stuff is supposed to be better tahn the crap you can get here.

Those girls are small enough to fit in suitcases, you know

Man, I went down a scary road with that post.
This post was edited on 8/11 2:36 PM by Arussif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

I know of a guy who found a Russian bride on the net.

Flew over there a couple times to meet her. Got addicted to Xanax while there. Brought her back and married her.

Then she dumped him and has been livin' up ever since. *grin*

As Rocky says, "That trick never works!"

The lawyer next door does immigration work. He is always dealing with the mail order brides. Either they dump the guy as soon as they get here, or the guy is a total A-hole who expects a domestic slave. Either way their immigration is farked.

Naturally I have some questions about this....

Do you need to remove the limbs first to make them fit in the suitcase?

Do you drug them first so they arent flailing around in the cargo-hold?

Does this work with a standard issue Samsonite or do you have a custom rig?

Have an enjoyable and safe trip.

I was laughing at your Krya and Kevin thoughts. I have always thought they were one of the strangest looking celebrety couples...not in a bad way or good way....just strange. I like them. And as I've said before...props to Mr. Bacon for showing off his stuff on-screen. Most actors won't do frontal nudity...

Nah, unfortunatly,

or fortunatly, depending on my mood, I have been married to the same American chick for over twenty years.

I did peruse a Russian bride site once though, very interesting.

there is at least one airline that will let you do this online...

I know my boss has done this many times..

How bout those....uh.....Bears?

I hear they have a great squad and are favored to win 3/4ths of their matches!

Can peegs members get discounts if we mention your name???***

cxcccc
This post was edited on 8/11 1:17 PM by Mr Charlieif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Mashed potatoes

1) You suck

2) That's good for you, but you still suck

3) You know the people sitting in the exit rows are the first to die, right?

4) TV is the devil

5) That guy Bourdain is one of my LEAST favorite people on TV... he's a true and propper ARSE. He's pretentious and beligerent and full of hislef... and he can't cook either. I hates me some Bourdain.

6) High five my brother... sharon was the shizz in her day.

7) The ablity to pee standing up is one of my prides.

8) Is till ahven't gotten mine yet... what's up with that?

9) You suck

Wow.

1: I went stir crazy on an 8 hour flight. I think I'd end up being William Shatner/John Lithgow after twelve.

2: You'll have free booze and a tv on the seat in front of you too.

3: Hatches are the weak points in an aircraft's fusalage. I hope those people are comfortable because when the sh*t hits the fan they'll be hamburger.

4: I don't know who that is but I bet she's a whore.

5: My wife loved Kitchen Confidential....of course she wears a dress.

6: I liked it when she made out with that chick. She's a little rough looking these days.

7: I can relate but I was drunk and had to clean it up the next day.

8: You're clearly a bleeding heart pinko commie tree hugging homosexua.

9: CJ's right, you suck.
This post was edited on 8/11 2:05 PM by IUTif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

shameless promotion not permitted

delete
This post was edited on 6/22 2:17 PM by IU in 05if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT