ADVERTISEMENT

Senseless

stollcpa

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2010
Last edited:
Holy hell thats a terrible story. What kind of person could do that to people they don’t even know? My condolences to you and the family. Senseless violence.

• Sad
Reactions: vesuvius13
Clients of mine senselessly murdered. Peaceful people that wouldn’t harm anyone.

This country no longer has a soul. I am sad and sick. These people were kind gentle people.

That is a terrible story. It doesn't get much worse.
(I assume you are the R.S, who commented on the story. What did you mean?)

• Sad
Clients of mine senselessly murdered. Peaceful people that wouldn’t harm anyone.

This country no longer has a soul. I am sad and sick. These people were kind gentle people.

That story is awful, and unfortunately, becoming all too common. Hopefully, soon, this all ends.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1

Horrible, just horrible, stollpa. I am grieved to hear this . . . for the father, their children, the grandfather . . . and for you.

Reactions: 76-1
That story is awful, and thankfully, much less common than it used to be in the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s.

The recent uptick (not shown) is concerning. Hopefully, soon, it will begin going down further.

FT_19.10.14_CrimeTrends_feature.png

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13

Stoll, my genuine, but puny, expression of condolences will bring little solace. I can picture the boy asking why they had to do this to his mommy. I can imagine the husband sensing the emptiness of his bed. I cannot comprehend the sadness nor the pain. It's my hope that they can learn to forgive. How can there be justice?

Today, my heart hurts for the boy, the family, the community. It hurts for all of us. Can we not be better than this?

Today, my heart hurts for the boy, the family, the community. It hurts for all of us. Can we not be better than this?

It has been a long time since so much was said in a single short sentence here . We all would like to be better than this and almost all of us are better than this. Many others are not. Many words have been written about why that is.

That story is awful, and thankfully, much less common than it used to be in the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s.

The recent uptick (not shown) is concerning. Hopefully, soon, it will begin going down further.

The only time this gets discussed is in the wake of tragedy. Violent crimes are way down over the last 30 years, and they were down then from the previous 20.

What we have now is more reporting and access to crimes like these with unlimited digital space and social media.

It is very rare to see the randomness of it, especially after the robbery. I hope that's the crux of the details and the murders are found.

It doesn't negate the loss of the mother and wife, as well as a friend to Stoll.

Terrible story.

Agreed that random murders such as this are exceedingly rare, in almost all murders there is some, at very least tangential, relationship between the victim and killer.

Crime rates are one thing. Murder rates are another thing. Murder rates have been fairly stable since the late 90's and are now seeing an uptick.

VPAgCBDfhoAe29EHr9j-qQF2lIwUdb3XtUVPIHsQO_RSXh88gvctemE28cXSnvrpqBCTLk80werGlt2npFQk3fsThTaa9-uqES7LqqryX9yDGnbbh03--BiF_AYyNWjfttq8xajg

My sincere condolences and I hope the family is somehow able to get through a senseless and unfathomable tragedy.

I also hope the two shooters are not given a chance to live since they took the life of someone innocent.

Reactions: 76-1
Do they have suspects?

Just flipped thru the local TV news stations and nothing but crickets... Several other shootings reported on but nothing about this tragedy...

Indianapolis is seeing what seems to be an average of at least one murder every other night over the past 8 and a half months... (That's my impression, not an accurate stat...)

The area this poor family was in has become extremely dangerous after dark (which they probably weren't aware of)...

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
I am not the R.S who left the comment.

Thanks to everyone who posted condolences for this family.

Your friend is a better man than me and an example of what we are supposed to be as Christians :

I am not the R.S who left the comment.

Thanks to everyone who posted condolences for this family.
Thank you.
This is a terrible story, and no family should have to endure anything like this.
I made the mistake of reading the comments right after you posted the story, and thought you had some more information than the Indystar was sharing. I realize now that it was none of my business, and reading the comments is never a good source.

Crime rates are one thing. Murder rates are another thing. Murder rates have been fairly stable since the late 90's and are now seeing an uptick.

VPAgCBDfhoAe29EHr9j-qQF2lIwUdb3XtUVPIHsQO_RSXh88gvctemE28cXSnvrpqBCTLk80werGlt2npFQk3fsThTaa9-uqES7LqqryX9yDGnbbh03--BiF_AYyNWjfttq8xajg
Exactly CO. Front page of St Louis Sunday paper “Homicide City. Saint Louis Rate Reaches Historic Levels.”

Your friend is a better man than me and an example of what we are supposed to be as Christians :

I was just about to post this. Powerful stuff.

People make fun of Amish and Mennonites all the time, but there is no better example of people who actually live their faith, even in the worst of circumstances.

Reactions: stollcpa and 76-1
Just flipped thru the local TV news stations and nothing but crickets... Several other shootings reported on but nothing about this tragedy...

Indianapolis is seeing what seems to be an average of at least one murder every other night over the past 8 and a half months... (That's my impression, not an accurate stat...)

The area this poor family was in has become extremely dangerous after dark (which they probably weren't aware of)...
"Gibs me dat"!!

Can't understand your indictment of our entire country (no soul), when the perpetrators of these criminal acts are a small, easily predicted subset of society.
We need more prisons....lots more prisons..predators need to be removed from our streets.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT