ADVERTISEMENT

Sen. McCain has brain cancer

TheOriginalHappyGoat

Oct 4, 2010
Margaritaville
Complained of double vision, had a CAT scan and MRI. "Aggressive" brain tumor was removed. It's a glioblastoma, the same cancer that killed Ted Kennedy and Beau Biden.

I have deeply conflicted views of John McCain, but he is a genuine war hero who spent a lot more time in the Hanoi Hotel than he had to spend because he insisted on being a patriot. I'm profoundly saddened to learn that he's gravely ill.
I think he's a genuine public servant who sometimes finds himself on the wrong side and sometimes finds himself confused, but it's hard to question his motivation. He's the kind of Senator for whom I can easily strip away partisanship and simply respect in the same way I did Lugar.

Complained of double vision, had a CAT scan and MRI. "Aggressive" brain tumor was removed. It's a glioblastoma, the same cancer that killed Ted Kennedy and Beau Biden.

It really brought me down tonight. I've grown to really like and respect the man. Obviously I won't agree with him on some (most) things, but I don't think we'll see another like him.

hopefully he's one of the 10% that live five years or longer. Once this cancer is diagnosed, people tend to go fast. I think I read where the average life span AFTER diagnosis is only 14-15 months. It's a really nasty cancer.

But if anyone can beat it, it's McCain. The dude is kinda like the road runner- he seems to always escape certain death. And has done it in multiple episodes.

Reactions: twenty02
Trumpians: these are the people you are aligned with. Just like Dave needs to figure out why he agrees with Stormfront, you need to figure out why you agree with this asshole.

Karma is a bitch. Wait till this cnut faces his devils before he goes prematurely.

8f6.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls

I can't say I've ever been much of a fan of John McCain as a politician. But I've always held him in the highest esteem as a man and as a patriotic American.

Reactions: Cajun54
Trumpians: these are the people you are aligned with. Just like Dave needs to figure out why he agrees with Stormfront, you need to figure out why you agree with this asshole.

Er, I don't agree with him.

There are assholes like this guy of all political stripes. So why would you think any of us need to take ownership of such assholes just because we happen to support the same politicians in binary election races? That makes no sense, Goat.

Do you regret your vote for, say, Barack Obama just because it wasn't hard to find Obama supporters who said nasty things about Ronald Reagan's battle with Alzheimers? In light of this, should you not have voted for Obama because such people existed?

I voted for Donald Trump because, for the things I'd like to see done with policy and such, he was a better option than Hillary Clinton was. That doesn't force me to take ownership of anything and everything said by anybody and everybody who also voted for Donald Trump.

C'mon. You're not really this dense are you?

Reactions: IUBBALLAWOL
Er, I don't agree with him.

There are assholes like this guy of all political stripes. So why would you think any of us need to take ownership of such assholes just because we happen to support the same politicians in binary election races? That makes no sense, Goat.

Do you regret your vote for, say, Barack Obama just because it wasn't hard to find Obama supporters who said nasty things about Ronald Reagan's battle with Alzheimers? In light of this, should you not have voted for Obama because such people existed?

I voted for Donald Trump because, for the things I'd like to see done with policy and such, he was a better option than Hillary Clinton was. That doesn't force me to take ownership of anything and everything said by anybody and everybody who also voted for Donald Trump.

C'mon. You're not really this dense are you?
Oh yeah Trump is really proving to be a true master of policy. Good call there.

You don't find a bit odd the number of people like Spencer who support Trump? It's not just a handful.

But back on topic, I hate this for McCain. He's a good guy.

Are you ok with putting the country through investigations that will go on for the entire time of his presidency, as is now pretty obvious? You were obviously ok with having someone totally incompetent being president. I think many of us knew he was corrupt, but perhaps you didn't. Are you ok with being a part of putting a totally corrupt family that is mainly using the WH for finanacial gain in power? At what point would you say, no it really WASN'T worth it? Ever?

How many Trumpians are on this board? Just curious.

I hope this guy gets a dose of long term pain coming his way.
Not many, and they've been strangely quiet the last few weeks. But there are also a few that maintain they didn't vote for Trump, that make excuses for everything he does. And then there are the conservatives, like Doug and Aloha, who make it clear they do not support him.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...iece-wishing-death-sen-john-mccain/485799001/
I read this on twitter when Meghan McCain responded to her. Hope she feels horrible now.
McCain is getting pushback from some on the right, like Spencer and this woman because he dares to question Trump. He honestly hasn't even voted against him on anything, but just speaking up is evidentally too much.

I admire his tremendous strength, and hope he overcomes the odds, but i will not shed a tear when he is no longer serving in the Senate.

I find his hawkish tendencies startling, given his personal experience. His recent votes on Yemen are inexcusable, and he is complicit in Saudi war crimes. The lives of starving Yemeni children are worth not an ounce less than McCains.

A nice little reminder of when politics didn't always suck.

There are a couple hardcore Trumpkins.

Why I no longer support the GOP, carte blanche. It's become infested with know nothing morons, which is now showing up in their political representation....and sadly, all the way to the highest office.

We're living in Idiocracy.

Overall, very sad news. In many ways, McCain represents an end of an era of Senators that you could respect, regardless of policy. That you knew cared about the country more than about a political party, regardless of having to play the game he was involved with.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
Not many, and they've been strangely quiet the last few weeks. But there are also a few that maintain they didn't vote for Trump, that make excuses for everything he does. And then there are the conservatives, like Doug and Aloha, who make it clear they do not support him.

Perhaps they make excuses because some obssess over trivial things, just as the other side did with Barack.

In my book, McCain was more fair than most, on many fronts. For instance, I really appreciated the McCain/Feingold effort. We still need it, now more than ever. He seems to be one of the remaining old school conservatives that have been mostly run over by the new guard. He was respectable, and worthy of listening to, and he ought to be missed by the Republican Party, but I doubt that happens much.

Additionally, I'd say he was the closest thing to a real patriot that I can recall. Choosing to remain in a prison that repeatedly tortured him? I salute the man.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
John McCain is a great American, and I certainly hope he beats the odds. Politically, I hope Rubio steps up to join Graham as the conscience of the Republican party foreign policy establishment, as opposed to some jackass like Cotton or Cruz.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
John McCain is a great American, and I certainly hope he beats the odds. Politically, I hope Rubio steps up to join Graham as the conscience of the Republican party foreign policy establishment, as opposed to some jackass like Cotton or Cruz.

The same Rubio who sabotaged the risk corridors that caused premiums to go up even more? Yeah, I sure hope he takes a more prominent role. Right after he jumps off the nearest cliff.

The same Rubio who sabotaged the risk corridors that caused premiums to go up even more? Yeah, I sure hope he takes a more prominent role. Right after he jumps off the nearest cliff.

Yea, I'm not a fan of Rubio in general, just thinking we need someone from the Republican side to fill the vacuum of a watch dog for American interests during the Putin/Trump era.

Are you ok with putting the country through investigations that will go on for the entire time of his presidency, as is now pretty obvious? You were obviously ok with having someone totally incompetent being president. I think many of us knew he was corrupt, but perhaps you didn't. Are you ok with being a part of putting a totally corrupt family that is mainly using the WH for finanacial gain in power? At what point would you say, no it really WASN'T worth it? Ever?

It all just depends on the output in terms of policy, legislation, regulations, the courts and such -- as compared to what I'd have expected to get out of Hillary.

So I'd say it wasn't worth it if those things turn out to be worse than what she'd likely have done. Those are the things that ultimately matter.

He's responsible for the last great moment in campaign politics, when he straightened out the woman who called President Obama an "arab".

By Goat's rather bizarre logic, I should've refused to vote for McCain in '08 -- because doing so meant agreeing with that woman.

Overall, very sad news. In many ways, McCain represents an end of an era of Senators that you could respect, regardless of policy. That you knew cared about the country more than about a political party, regardless of having to play the game he was involved with.
Oh, perhaps, but he was willing to sell out the country to try and win an election by anointing Sarah Palin as a VP candidate. Arguably the dumbest VP candidate ever who would have been 2nd in command...lost a ton of respect for him after that. However, in Palin's defense Trump is now making her the 2nd dumbest politician ever.....

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT