ADVERTISEMENT

Sellout Expected for Gator Bowl

Bowlmania

All-American
Sep 23, 2016
Check out this article:

https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=indystar/allsports

Per the article and according to the President and CEO of the Gator Bowl, in the seven and a half hours between the time the matchup was announced (4:30 pm) and midnight Sunday, the Gator Bowl had its largest volume of one-day sales ever. "It was unbelievable," Catlett (the bowl president) said. "At one time, there were 3,000 people on our website at the same time. That's pretty impressive."

This is great for the Bowl and for IU football. A fan base that travels well bodes well for future bowl consideration. And the stadium is going to look really good for the primetime ESPN audience.

I didn't have enough points to get an expensive ticket. See below. We will be well represented.

Thank you for your order within the Indiana ticket allotment for the TaxSlayer Gator Bowl. Due to high demand, we are unable to offer the price level purchased, therefore, have substituted to the next price level and will issue a refund for the difference to the credit card used for the original purchase. Tomorrow, you will receive an email with additional order details.

Big Red Warm Up pre-game tailgate is sold out.

I would expect UT to bring 30,000 fans alone. I expect IU to represent as well as they did in Phoenix. There were really a lot of people out there for that.

Reactions: RedHeart and iulb
I took advantage of the 4 for $75 add someone posted here shortly after the game was announced and taking the family. Fired up to see the Hoosiers in Jacksonville! Driving down from Fort Wayne
A doable drive and the lure of Florida sunshine are really helping to drive ticket sales. Jacksonville is a great bowl location.

I would expect UT to bring 30,000 fans alone. I expect IU to represent as well as they did in Phoenix. There were really a lot of people out there for that.
I would assume both schools get the same allotment of tickets.

After that, it should be all sales through the Gator Bowl, unless they allow extra allotments if the orginial are sold out.

Noticed all the "Premium Seating" on the Gator Bowl site were just about sold out as well....these were the ones not allotted to the teams...like the rails and tables and seats with access to the all you can drink beer and wine.

Remember that folks not buying through the allotment and their university are buying from online ticket choices like Stubhub, Vivid Seats, etc. You could get a bunch of people from TN, FL and IN buying those up.

It’s 43 in Jax this morning. Highs in the 50’s. It can feel colder at the stadium due to proximity to river. For those who don’t know stadium is right on St. John’s river.
Dress warm. Nice jacket will work.
Go Hoosiers!

Jacksonville's average January high: 64
Jacksonville's average January low: 42

It could be 70 at kick or it could be 45. But, whatever it is, I know it'll be a lot warmer than Bloomington.

Reactions: 76-1
Jacksonville's average January high: 64
Jacksonville's average January low: 42

It could be 70 at kick or it could be 45. But, whatever it is, I know it'll be a lot warmer than Bloomington.

Forget about Sonny Red and his trucks in Jersey. This is all I want. Florida.

Tell you something. Sonny Red is freezing his nuts off right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT