ADVERTISEMENT

Seems like old times..............

Are you saying we shouldn’t have? With the benefit of 20/20 hindsight you STILL wouldn’t?
Hindsight isn’t any better than your foresight.

I've been waiting all afternoon to post this because I wanted to be 100% sure. I got a text this morning about it and admittedly I thought it was a rumor at first. I've been waiting to make sure its 100% before posting.
I can say with 100% confidence that Billy and his wife were in Bloomington this morning.
I don't see any scenario where he and his wife come to town and he doesn't take the job. It's happening!!!

I am far from convinced that we are getting what we want from this team and staff. That said, the win against O$U was probably the most encouraging win I have seen in the last 2 and seasons. I saw sustained effort and basketball IQ for 40 minutes from the players and the bench. IMO, it's far better than the FSU victory.

My question is can it be sustained and repeated or was this a one off? Is what we saw against O$U going to be the norm or just an anomaly? Guess we will see.

Reactions: Harry Hondo
Are you saying we shouldn’t have? With the benefit of 20/20 hindsight you STILL wouldn’t?

I read some Ahia threads where some of their trolls like you were screaming about Holtmann being a bad hire. Every program that has a little brother has you guys around.

Reactions: MrBing
2 big time wins over the 13th and 14th place teams in the conference and you all think everything is fine, I bet you were in this mosh pit too.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...D580C2E872104790A2CDD580C2E87210&&FORM=VDRVRV

In my mind we should never lose, to anybody, down year, whatever, what have you. To be honest, there were only select road games I'd worry about when we were great years ago. Worry about as in losing is a slim possibility, but I always expected to win. That's the mentality a successful coach here needs to restore, losing is unacceptable period.

I am far from convinced that we are getting what we want from this team and staff. That said, the win against O$U was probably the most encouraging win I have seen in the last 2 and seasons. I saw sustained effort and basketball IQ for 40 minutes from the players and the bench. IMO, it's far better than the FSU victory.

My question is can it be sustained and repeated or was this a one off? Is what we saw against O$U going to be the norm or just an anomaly? Guess we will see.
We should know more tomorrow night.

In my mind we should never lose, to anybody, down year, whatever, what have you. To be honest, there were only select road games I'd worry about when we were great years ago. Worry about as in losing is a slim possibility, but I always expected to win. That's the mentality a successful coach here needs to restore, losing is unacceptable period.
Bob Knight must've been quite a disappointment to you. In 30 years he had only 1 undefeated season. Are you glad we don't have a coach like Coach K who hasn't had a single undefeated season?

"Should never lose, to anybody, down year, whatever, what have you." lmao No wonder you're so negative, you're expectations are almost impossible to meet.

Reactions: MrBing
Bob Knight must've been quite a disappointment to you. In 30 years he had only 1 undefeated season. Are you glad we don't have a coach like Coach K who hasn't had a single undefeated season?

"Should never lose, to anybody, down year, whatever, what have you." lmao No wonder you're so negative, you're expectations are almost impossible to meet.

Nope, you should never have a mentality of expecting to lose. That is simply what I'm saying, we don't have that, not saying Archie can't create it, but that is what I expect for 3.5M$

Last edited:

Did you miss the 15-1 run to close the first half?

was great to win the game...but no more is Archie fixed anything w the OhSt win than any other game this season. Steals were way high...that was good and kept the scoring run at only 15-1 at least.

One thing this team is doing generally, regardless of the opponent, and the ugliness of the game...is winning.

And...Winning is the priority!

Nope, you should never have a mentality of expecting to lose. That is simply what I'm saying, we don't have that, not saying Archie can't create it, but that is what I expect for 3.5M$
“We” do not matter...”we” do not play...”you” don’t know what the mentality is because YOU are not on the team. Holy crap

Did you miss the 15-1 run to close the first half?

was great to win the game...but no more is Archie fixed anything w the OhSt win than any other game this season. Steals were way high...that was good and kept the scoring run at only 15-1 at least.

One thing this team is doing generally, regardless of the opponent, and the ugliness of the game...is winning.

And...Winning is the priority!

Winning is the priority but ugly wins against inferior opponents usually lead to ugly losses against equal or superior opponents down the road. I can accept a loss if we play with effort and intelligence. Sometimes you simply get beat. We have seen enough stupid effortless hoops out of the this bunch. I hope we are past that.

I read some Ahia threads where some of their trolls like you were screaming about Holtmann being a bad hire. Every program that has a little brother has you guys around.
I’d hate to hear what those fans would think of Archie if they want Holtmann fired. Wow.

How to win against a troll: Ignore them. Nothing is more offensive to a drama queen attention whore than being ignored. Try it. How to lose? Respond to their trolling.

This thread sucks, it's not about basketball, it's about a feeble minded imbecile seeking attention, You guys have to stop giving him exactly what he wants..

He oddly gets off on being stupid and people hating on him. Probably some kind of passive aggressive submissive fantasy where he gets off on being spit on by random strangers or something equally as weird. ... and now we're all part of that vomit inducing grossness. Stop.

Last edited:
How to win against a troll: Ignore them. Nothing is more offensive to a drama queen attention whore than being ignored. Try it. How to lose? Respond to their trolling.

This thread sucks, it's not about basketball, it's about a feeble minded imbecile seeking attention, You guys have to stop giving him exactly what he wants..

He oddly gets off on being stupid and people hating on him. Probably some kind of passive aggressive submissive fantasy where he gets off on being spit on by random strangers or something equally as weird. ... and now we're all part of that vomit inducing grossness. Stop.
You have some serious anger issues

It’s 100% predictable with him. When IU wins, the other team sucked. When IU loses, the other team sucked. He’s 100% anti-IU troll.
Actually I’m anti-IU mediocrity and the loyal lemmings that probably supported Crean through 8 years and are now after a home win against a team that just suspended 2 starters tell anyone and everyone to STFU about questioning the coaching with your bullying tactics. You think the “haters” are the minority but you’re so wrong we are just the silent majority you in fact are in the minority supporting program no matter the results.

Reactions: Kyser123
Actually I’m anti-IU mediocrity and the loyal lemmings that probably supported Crean through 8 years and are now after a home win against a team that just suspended 2 starters tell anyone and everyone to STFU about questioning the coaching with your bullying tactics. You think the “haters” are the minority but you’re so wrong we are just the silent majority you in fact are in the minority supporting program no matter the results.
Yeah. You’re a nut.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT