ADVERTISEMENT

Secratery Clinton had a heat episode today.

Rockport Zebra

All-American
Jan 30, 2002
I hope she is well, the film being shown is real and is disturbing. The air temp at ground zero was around 80. Ground Zero, how fitting.

That is not what the original press statement said.
I understand that, which makes her (and her team) look incredibly stupid and needlessly evasive. There's a reason the vast majority of people find her untrustworthy.

That said, I hope she gets healthy.

Reactions: mjvcaj
I understand that, which makes her (and her team) look incredibly stupid and needlessly evasive. There's a reason the vast majority of people find her untrustworthy.

That said, I hope she gets healthy.
Why did no credible democrats compete for the presidency in the primary? Very strange for an open opportunity.

Reactions: Ladoga
Why did no credible democrats compete for the presidency in the primary? Very strange for an open opportunity.

That's an excellent question

Trump crashed the party despite the efforts of the GOP establishment.

On the other hand, the Democratic establishment hand picked Hillary and rigged the process in her favor.

She'll likely win; and will likely be the most disliked and ineffective president ever because of her many flaws.

On the other hand, the Democratic establishment hand picked Hillary and rigged the process in her favor.

She'll likely win; and will likely be the most disliked and ineffective president ever because of her many flaws.
How was it rigged again? 3 million more people voted for Hillary.

I don't know. I have the impression that her health is not what we are being told. If she does win I would not be shocked if she is unable to finish her term. With her past health history and some of the things we have on video (like today) I think she is in poor health.

The job of the Presidency takes its toll on the healthiest of people, let alone someone who may be taking the reins in a possibly poor condition.

I think you are wrong about Hillary. If she wins, which is not a sure thing, the GOP will struggle to beat her in 2020 in no small part due to the scorched earth policy the GOP base insists upon. I think it is probably time for the Republican elites to just make the shift and become Democrats...the Dems are all that remains of pro free trade, strong military, pro higher education, pro libertarian on social values. For that matter I think the Dems with their commitment to constitutionalism are more likely to protect property rights too than the emerging kleptocrats like Trump. I am not sure the emerging GOP wants your kind any more.

I don't know. I have the impression that her health is not what we are being told. If she does win I would not be shocked if she is unable to finish her term. With her past health history and some of the things we have on video (like today) I think she is in poor health.

The job of the Presidency takes its toll on the healthiest of people, let alone someone who may be taking the reins in a possibly poor condition.
Who is the VP? I keep up and don't know his name our his ilk.

I think you are wrong about Hillary. If she wins, which is not a sure thing, the GOP will struggle to beat her in 2020 in no small part due to the scorched earth policy the GOP base insists upon. I think it is probably time for the Republican elites to just make the shift and become Democrats...the Dems are all that remains of pro free trade, strong military, pro higher education, pro libertarian on social values. For that matter I think the Dems with their commitment to constitutionalism are more likely to protect property rights too than the emerging kleptocrats like Trump. I am not sure the emerging GOP wants your kind any more.
I completely agree. The refusal to compromise is not American. I would run against Mitch but the Capper can't win an election.

Well praise my soul. Get real, there was no challenge. Good luck, other wise we get Trump. Thanks. Hero.
He was a perfectly legitimate, fully qualified candidate, one I could have gotten behind enthusiastically. He could have been the progressive, anti-Wall Street candidate to challenge HRC instead of Bernie, with a better resume and less baggage. On policy, he sounded very much like Elizabeth Warren. Unfortunately, there weren't enough like minded people to keep his candidacy afloat.

How was it rigged again? 3 million more people voted for Hillary.

I guess it depends on your definition of rigged. But it seems fairly obvious to me that the DNC decided early on that it was Hillary's turn and no other establishment democrats need bother. That a moonbeam like Bernie made it a race is astounding and illustrates how disliked Hillary really is. She caught a real break drawing a freak show like Trump.

He was a perfectly legitimate, fully qualified candidate, one I could have gotten behind enthusiastically. He could have been the progressive, anti-Wall Street candidate to challenge HRC instead of Bernie, with a better resume and less baggage. On policy, he sounded very much like Elizabeth Warren. Unfortunately, there weren't enough like minded people to keep his candidacy afloat.
Look at past situation where a sitting 2 term President is going out and look at the field from the party. Huge fields, like the Republican Primary. Where were the candidates?

I would vote for Hillary in a coma over a racist, xenophobe, game show host.

Look at past situation where a sitting 2 term President is going out and look at the field from the party. Huge fields, like the Republican Primary. Where were the candidates?
I'm not sure what you're wanting. You don't like Clinton, called Bernie obscure, dismissed O'Malley. How about Chafee, Webb, or Lessig? Who would you have preferred the Democrats put up?

I guess it depends on your definition of rigged. But it seems fairly obvious to me that the DNC decided early on that it was Hillary's turn and no other establishment democrats need bother. That a moonbeam like Bernie made it a race is astounding and illustrates how disliked Hillary really is. She caught a real break drawing a freak show like Trump.
The real problem is a lot like the one we were just talking about with emails and whatnot. People can't talk about this reasonably. In real life, someone could say, "Bernie Sanders did extremely well for an outsider, but the entire Democratic establishment was united behind Hillary, and his failure to make up any ground with certain demographic groups ultimately killed him." Instead, they say, "It was rigged!" It just doesn't compute with some people that a Clinton could win something fair and square. Truth is, she did. Truth is, Bernie couldn't get enough black votes, which is disturbing to me, because his policy proposals were probably far better for the black community than Clinton's, but it is what it is.

Trump didn't end up suffering Bernie's fate, because the GOP establishment was decidedly not united. If they had coalesced around one legitimate candidate - probably Rubio, maybe Kasich - early on, they could've have gotten everyone in line before Trump ever had a chance to get above the Mendoza line.

I'm struggling to understand a definition of "rigged" that includes the person who actually won by far the most votes winning.

Obviously it wasn't rigged. But one might be able to say that it was orchstrated by the party for Hillary to have a clear path.

The real problem is a lot like the one we were just talking about with emails and whatnot. People can't talk about this reasonably. In real life, someone could say, "Bernie Sanders did extremely well for an outsider, but the entire Democratic establishment was united behind Hillary, and his failure to make up any ground with certain demographic groups ultimately killed him." Instead, they say, "It was rigged!" It just doesn't compute with some people that a Clinton could win something fair and square. Truth is, she did. Truth is, Bernie couldn't get enough black votes, which is disturbing to me, because his policy proposals were probably far better for the black community than Clinton's, but it is what it is.

Trump didn't end up suffering Bernie's fate, because the GOP establishment was decidedly not united. If they had coalesced around one legitimate candidate - probably Rubio, maybe Kasich - early on, they could've have gotten everyone in line before Trump ever had a chance to get above the Mendoza line.
Now the thread is going to be hijacked by The Fish and the Goat.

Obviously it wasn't rigged. But one might be able to say that it was orchstrated by the party for Hillary to have a clear path.
So it wasn't rigged, and there was only the same politics that had Hillary's path to victory greased in 2008. Oops.

So, was it purely coincidental that Debbie Wasserman Schultz walked the plank and resigned as the Chair of the DNC after the wiki leaks email leaks that showed the DNC tilted things in HRC's favor?

Last edited:
So, was it purely coincidental that Debbie Wasserman Schultz walked the plank and resigned as the Chair of the DNC after the wiki leaks email leaks that showed the DNC tilted things on HRC's favor?
We've already been over this a jillion times. Please stop. I don't want to take part in hijacking RZ's thread.

So, was it purely coincidental that Debbie Wasserman Schultz walked the plank and resigned as the Chair of the DNC after the wiki leaks email leaks that showed the DNC tilted things on HRC's favor?
No, it wasn't at all coincidental. The long knives had long been out for DWS, and when she became vulnerable she got thrown out. But once again, HRC won the nomination because she got way more votes than Bernie. That's how these things work.

So it wasn't rigged, and there was only the same politics that had Hillary's path to victory greased in 2008. Oops.

Well, I never said it was rigged. I only said that the DNC did its part to pave her way. I wish the RNC had done a better job in that regard,

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT