ADVERTISEMENT

Seat Selection

cryano

All-Big Ten
Apr 19, 2005
Anyone picked your seats yet?
I have kept same seats for 6 years or so - this year with all the new seating I opened it up for seat selection. Next Monday afternoon is my pick.

Anyone picked your seats yet?
I have kept same seats for 6 years or so - this year with all the new seating I opened it up for seat selection. Next Monday afternoon is my pick.
New seating?

Additional seats available on the East side.
Oh thanks I hadn't heard that. Looks like they did update the seating chart. Also note that our bench has returned to the west sideline.

5ttco4.jpg

;);)
Oh thanks I hadn't heard that. Looks like they did update the seating chart. Also note that our bench has returned to the west sideline.

5ttco4.jpg
And if you look closely, they've flipped the orientation of the state outline at the center of the field.....;)

Reactions: RBB89
;);)
And if you look closely, they've flipped the orientation of the state outline at the center of the field.....;)
Rumors that they wanted to change the camera angle to take the focus off all the empty seats on the east side. Hadn't done it previously because it would change the perspective of the commentators and also would potentially make them point cameras into the sun.

Rumors that they wanted to change the camera angle to take the focus off all the empty seats on the east side. Hadn't done it previously because it would change the perspective of the commentators and also would potentially make them point cameras into the sun.
Well another good step to take would be eliminating that bizarre extra student section in the southeast corner. We already have an overflow area for students in the upper north end zone. Why do we need a second overflow area? It just leads to situations like at the Ohio State game two years ago, where the game was sold out, but all the students tried to cram into the main block and left the southeast corner basically empty for the first half.

Well another good step to take would be eliminating that bizarre extra student section in the southeast corner. We already have an overflow area for students in the upper north end zone. Why do we need a second overflow area? It just leads to situations like at the Ohio State game two years ago, where the game was sold out, but all the students tried to cram into the main block and left the southeast corner basically empty for the first half.

make the SE section the new "Knothole Club". (modeled after the original Knothole Club, not the playground).

kids up through HS get in for $2 or less, general admission in Knothole section. (up to 3 kids free with each paid adult).

kids sitting in reserved seats with their parents, whatever the going youth price is.

IU students should all get in free with student ID.

the cost would be pocket change to IU's athletic budget, and more butts in seats would help the atmosphere a ton, thus recruiting and paid admission as well. (think of it as investment).

as the one, and only one, who's brought up this subject on here in the past, guess i'll have to weigh in.

one could say it's about the "empty seats", but it's about a lot more than that.

the view from the east stands looking west, sees an entirely different and far more spectacular looking stadium, than the stadium and field seen from the press box looking down and east from "satellite view".

for games where the sun isn't an issue for the camera, an east to west camera angle shows a far more spectacular looking MS. (not to mention any empty seats issues).

if can be done, do it.

as the one, and only one, who's brought up this subject on here in the past, guess i'll have to weigh in.

one could say it's about the "empty seats", but it's about a lot more than that.

the view from the east stands looking west, sees an entirely different and far more spectacular looking stadium, than the stadium and field seen from the press box looking down and east from "satellite view".

for games where the sun isn't an issue for the camera, an east to west camera angle shows a far more spectacular looking MS. (not to mention any empty seats issues).

if can be done, do it.
They would have to build new camera platforms high up on the east side.

In your opinion, would mid-field here be better than a worse seat on the other side? Why?
To be honest, I like being higher up in general because it gives me a better view of the field so I prefer the west side in that regard. Also, shade.

Reactions: cryano
They would have to build new camera platforms high up on the east side.

so, no big deal to do that. (and the east stands are already plenty high).

fact, the stadium one sees from the east looking west, is far more impressive than the stadium one sees from the west stands looking east.

i can't even think of another stadium were the difference is that great.

Im hoping to move from the 30-35 yd line to closer to the 50...not a big move, I like my row 39...would hope to stay around row 30 -40...

Im hoping to move from the 30-35 yd line to closer to the 50...not a big move, I like my row 39...would hope to stay around row 30 -40...

When do you pick and from what I have seen it looks like the best I can hope for today is to keep my same seats in section 6 row 40 unless I want to move towards one of the end zones. I will probably just end up keeping what I have if that is the case.

When do you pick and from what I have seen it looks like the best I can hope for today is to keep my same seats in section 6 row 40 unless I want to move towards one of the end zones. I will probably just end up keeping what I have if that is the case.
Those are about the best seats in the stadium...how could you improve on them!!!!

I choose Monday afternoon.

Oh I am fairly happy I just want to move a little more towards the middle. I have one seat in section 5 so the other end of six or a little in to seven would be closer to midfield. Minor issue as I will stay where I am unless some day I could move a little more towards midfield.

Those are about the best seats in the stadium...how could you improve on them!!!!

I choose Monday afternoon.

Last edited:
so, no big deal to do that. (and the east stands are already plenty high).

fact, the stadium one sees from the east looking west, is far more impressive than the stadium one sees from the west stands looking east.

i can't even think of another stadium were the difference is that great.

Northwestern

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT