ADVERTISEMENT

Season Tickets

Some have commented that I will have the best seats in the house this year as IU’s new mascot.

I am not looking forward to 90 degree heat in early September in a bison costume but I will take one for the team, sweat my ass off, lose some weight in the process and have field level view.

Enough with bison thing...ugh. we don’t need a mascot.

• Wow
Reactions: 76-1
Enough with bison thing...ugh. we don’t need a mascot.

Well....IU is pretty slow to catch on to new ideas and many fans are caught in a time warp from 1987 when parachute pants and cassettes ruled the world, but keep in mind that other schools have advanced and IU needs to update their image.
Having no mascot is not avant-gard or cutting edge. It’s Stone Age.

Well....IU is pretty slow to catch on to new ideas and many fans are caught in a time warp from 1987 when parachute pants and cassettes ruled the world, but keep in mind that other schools have advanced and IU needs to update their image.
OMG, don't mention stone anything or they will be wanting
some kind of limestone cutter.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Some have commented that I will have the best seats in the house this year as IU’s new mascot.

I am not looking forward to 90 degree heat in early September in a bison costume but I will take one for the team, sweat my ass off, lose some weight in the process and have field level view.

Ok, I'll bite....why a Bison? Having one on the state seal is the only reason I can think of? Nebraska has cornered the market on corn mascots (pun intended). Farmer? Soybean? Doctor maybe? Stonecutter?

Edit: Just for fun I googled it

Giant Soft Plush Soybean Mascot Life Size Adult Soybean Mascot Costume - Buy Soybean Mascot Costume,Adult Soybean Mascot Costume,Soybean Mascot Product on Alibaba.com

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13
A stonecutter would be awesome and unique.

Bedford North Lawrence should be named the Stonecutters, but there was so much animosity from the county schools when they consolidated it wasn’t even considered.

Ok, I'll bite....why a Bison? Having one on the state seal is the only reason I can think of? Nebraska has cornered the market on corn mascots (pun intended). Farmer? Soybean? Doctor maybe? Stonecutter?

Giant Soft Plush Soybean Mascot Life Size Adult Soybean Mascot Costume - Buy Soybean Mascot Costume,Adult Soybean Mascot Costume,Soybean Mascot Product on Alibaba.com

Ok....I’ll play.

What few know is that Memorial Stadium sits on the site of a popular killing ground for wild bison back in the 1780s for the Kickapoo tribe. The Kickapoo considered the area so sacred that they dedicated the land to Kehcimaneto, the great Creator. Later, the area underneath the north end zone was reserved as a burial ground with ceremonial head dresses honoring the great bison.
Nick’s English Hut later incorporated the image of Crimson Buffalo, a powerful adversary of White Buffalo, as its restaurant symbol. IU has already had the bison as a mascot in the 1960s.

Today, the spirits of the bison and Kickapoo still roam the concourses of Memorial Stadium.
Sometimes, if you hang out in the men’s restrooms there, you can still catch a whiff of them.....or maybe it’s just a fan who ate one too many Hoosier Dogs from the concession stand?

Ok....I’ll play.

What few know is that Memorial Stadium sits on the site of a popular killing ground for wild bison back in the 1780s for the Kickapoo tribe. The Kickapoo considered the area so sacred that they dedicated the land to Kehcimaneto, the great Creator. Later, the area underneath the north end zone was reserved as a burial ground with ceremonial head dresses honoring the great bison.
Nick’s English Hut later incorporated the image of Crimson Buffalo, a powerful adversary of White Buffalo, as its restaurant symbol. IU has already had the bison as a mascot in the 1960s.

Today, the spirits of the bison and Kickapoo still roam the concourses of Memorial Stadium.
Sometimes, if you hang out in the men’s restrooms there, you can still catch a whiff of them.....or maybe it’s just a fan who ate one too many Hoosier Dogs from the concession stand?

So as a Purdue fan, Memorial Stadium being built on an Indian burial ground has some humor to it. Well, in this day and age you can't use any Indian imagery so the Crimson Buffalo works as well as anything. Good story. Although having red and crimson in the name Big Red Crimson Buffalo. Tautology you might say.

Ok....I’ll play.

So our stadium was built on an ancient burial ground,that explains a lot😁

a bison is one bad-ass animal

knocks anything it doesn’t like out of the way

survives extreme hot and cold

have bad ass cars

668c58caef9fa4ad7764f5cedfe58911.gif

So as a Purdue fan, Memorial Stadium being built on an Indian burial ground has some humor to it. Well, in this day and age you can't use any Indian imagery so the Crimson Buffalo works as well as anything. Good story. Although having red and crimson in the name Big Red Crimson Buffalo. Tautology you might say.

Oh, back in the day, in the past, I was known as a tautologist!

Maybe they said “twat-oligist?”
I’m getting old, ancient nowadays right now. A forgetful amnesiac I am.

Wait - parachute pants went out of style?

just lose the blue on the face paint, and i think you've got it.

GettyImages-1229483984.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 76-1
just lose the blue on the face paint, and i think you've got it.

GettyImages-1229483984.jpg

Nah... 😉

My avatar is extremely insulted that anyone would think there's even a passing resemblance there!

That clown has a headdress made of dyed rabbit fur adorned with coyote tails, along with two oversized steer horns...; and presents nothing that even suggests the vision of regality and indomitable will of an INDIANA Bison...!

He finds it highly offensive that anyone would even consider that he might look like that yahoo!!! 😖

🇺🇸 😎 🇺🇸

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT