ADVERTISEMENT

Season ticket sales up 10% over projections...

Vaccines work. Cases, hospitalizations and deaths are plummeting. Even Broadway, with crammed seating in old theaters, is going full capacity in mid-September.

Get your shot(s) and head to Memorial Stadium in the fall for some quality IU football. Go Hoosiers!

That article kept referring to ultimately the decision is out of their hands. The University and Monroe County Health Dept are overly strict. Ultimately they drive the boat. Not the AD. That article reiterated that point hard I felt.
Monroe Co has been around 1-2% positive rate for weeks. Still are restricting dining. There’s no way they let the AD cram a stadium. Indiana won’t even let anybody watch baseball! I just don’t see anyway this happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13
That article kept referring to ultimately the decision is out of their hands. The University and Monroe County Health Dept are overly strict. Ultimately they drive the boat. Not the AD. That article reiterated that point hard I felt.
Monroe Co has been around 1-2% positive rate for weeks. Still are restricting dining. There’s no way they let the AD cram a stadium. Indiana won’t even let anybody watch baseball! I just don’t see anyway this happens.
I think this is more on Monroe County than IU. I’m sure the AD would love to have people at baseball games, but the county won’t let him.

Even Marion County is opening up some. The Indians are going to allow some attendance and even Beef and Boards is going to open soon, although at reduced capacity.

I think this is more on Monroe County than IU. I’m sure the AD would love to have people at baseball games, but the county won’t let him.

Even Marion County is opening up some. The Indians are going to allow some attendance and even Beef and Boards is going to open soon, although at reduced capacity.
I am as covid aware as anyone but there is no reason not to allow 500 fans in for IU baseball right now or plan on 50K for FB.

Unfortunately Monroe county gov'ts are overloaded with officials that want more power over citizens.

Reactions: indy1203
Unfortunately Monroe county gov'ts are overloaded with officials that want more power over citizens.
The county politicos have largely deferred to the Board of Health, which has been more cautious than most. That said, if trends continue as they have of late, I think you'll see things start to loosen soon, and should be essentially wide open this fall, at least for outdoor events like IU football.

I just spoke with my friend who is on the Monroe County Health Board. They have not had any say in IU’s attendance policies. It is all IU’s doing.

The most important thing for IU football RIGHT NOW is to sell out the Idaho game on 9/11.

The team has done its part. They have recruitee nationally. They have put kids into the NFL. They beat Penn State, Michigan and Wisconsin despite Covid and despite losing Penix.

It is time for the fans to put up or shut up.

Nobody will be able to recruit to IU - not even DNA-deep Hoosier Tom Allen - if last season's winnings produces empty seats.

The most important thing for IU football RIGHT NOW is to sell out the Idaho game on 9/11.

The team has done its part. They have recruitee nationally. They have put kids into the NFL. They beat Penn State, Michigan and Wisconsin despite Covid and despite losing Penix.

It is time for the fans to put up or shut up.

Nobody will be able to recruit to IU - not even DNA-deep Hoosier Tom Allen - if last season's winnings produces empty seats.
A full house against Idaho is not a reasonable expectation nor should it be. It's a non-conference game against a geographically distant opponent.

Attendance across major college football declined nationally over seven consecutive seasons, from 2013 through 2019. Even the P5 elites are having trouble filling stadiums and keeping fans to the end of games. This trend is unlikely to change given the number of games available on any given Saturday via both traditional TV and streaming platforms, and the growing preference of many fans (particularly younger fans) for interacting with others about the games, via social media, over actually attending games in person.

That said, if we're 2-0 going into the game against nationally-ranked Cincinnati on Sep 18, the stadium should be rocking.

A full house against Idaho is not a reasonable expectation nor should it be. It's a non-conference game against a geographically distant opponent.

Attendance across major college football declined nationally over seven consecutive seasons, from 2013 through 2019. Even the P5 elites are having trouble filling stadiums and keeping fans to the end of games. This trend is unlikely to change given the number of games available on any given Saturday via both traditional TV and streaming platforms, and the growing preference of many fans (particularly younger fans) for interacting with others about the games, via social media, over actually attending games in person.

That said, if we're 2-0 going into the game against nationally-ranked Cincinnati on Sep 18, the stadium should be rocking.
The difference at IU is we have seen football success that hasn't been seen since the last century. I hope fans come out to see a show they haven't seen in forever but IU must beat Iowa to set that up.

It's looking more and more likely that there will be unlimited capacity for IU football games this fall. I'd love to see 50,000 for the Cincinnati game on Sep 18. But we need to beat Iowa and Idaho first. Go Hoosiers!!
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fully-vaccinated-americans-return-life-masks-cdc/story?id=77665771

Reactions: vesuvius13
It's looking more and more likely that there will be unlimited capacity for IU football games this fall. I'd love to see 50,000 for the Cincinnati game on Sep 18. But we need to beat Iowa and Idaho first. Go Hoosiers!!
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fully-vaccinated-americans-return-life-masks-cdc/story?id=77665771
If we beat Iowa (and I expect we will) - we better have over 50k for Idaho! It will have been over 21months since a game has been available for fans at Memorial Stadium. No excuse for IU fans not to show up!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT