ADVERTISEMENT

Season can start Feb 3

Top Drawer Soccer has IU listed as one of 8 favorites to win it all this year. It’s a subscriber article, so I couldn’t read the whole thing. I was able to read enough to learn that some top players from the ACC who played in the fall have since signed pro contracts, ending their eligibility. College cup could be wide open this year.

Top Drawer Soccer has IU listed as one of 8 favorites to win it all this year. It’s a subscriber article, so I couldn’t read the whole thing. I was able to read enough to learn that some top players from the ACC who played in the fall have since signed pro contracts, ending their eligibility. College cup could be wide open this year.
crazier - i read that the records from the fall are being taken into account for spring. that spring's a continuation of the fall regular season, which will obviously impact bids

Last edited:
More craziness. Some of the teams that had tourneys in the fall have already qualified for the ncaa tournament. AND they are still playing a spring season

Reactions: snowling
Ranked #7 in Top Drawer Soccer poll. Hoyas #1; but some of their guys could leave mid-season?

topdrawersoccer.com

The season has begun around the nation-with 6 or 7 games last night. Nobody highly ranked played, but looks like your Bilikins took it to UMKC.

The season has begun around the nation-with 6 or 7 games last night. Nobody highly ranked played, but looks like your Bilikins took it to UMKC.
Slu has a really bizarrely slapped together schedule. Honestly Missouri State is probably the best program in MO right now. They went foreign hard.

Reactions: snowling
[/QUOTE]
Slu has a really bizarrely slapped together schedule. Honestly Missouri State is probably the best program in MO right now. They went foreign hard.
Is SIU-ED any good these days? I remember they had a nice run a few years ago and were a top 25 team for a few seasons.

Is SIU-ED any good these days? I remember they had a nice run a few years ago and were a top 25 team for a few seasons.
[/QUOTE]
The coach of slu now was the coach of siue then. Kalish. We have a big club here called Scott Gallagher. Kalish has been with Gallagher forever. He brought a bunch of those kids to siue. Then he left siue and went back to be the doc at Gallagher for the boys. Now he left Gallagher again to coach slu.

Reactions: GeddyHoosier
My only soccer experience was intramurals in Bloomington, but I know enough from kicking footballs to cringe at the thought of kicking a ball outside at 20 degrees.
My buddy's kid plays at maryland. He's saying no fans for big ten. not that i'd sit outside in that, but just saying

Reactions: hookyIU1990
There's zero reason and zero appeal to playing in temperatures like that. They should not play in those conditions. I have to assume they'll play on the main indoor field at Grand Park.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Grand Park makes perfect sense. IU also has an indoor practice facility, which could be used if it is regulation size.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT