ADVERTISEMENT

Sean May

Cavanagh.13

Senior
Nov 6, 2019
Here is an Assistant coach hire that would make complete sense. With Roy retiring a move from UNC would seem normal for Sean. Obviously the connection between Woody and Scott go back 5 decades. Would make sense for them to atleast consider it.

I grew up with Sean, played on his Boys and girls club soccer team and was the better soccer player, lol. I was heartbroken when he went to UNC, but was not his choice really. Scott was pissssssed. He was not coming to IU after they fired Knight. I would love to see Sean back here, would be a great part of Woodys vision of bridging the gap between young and old.

Here is an Assistant coach hire that would make complete sense. With Roy retiring a move from UNC would seem normal for Sean. Obviously the connection between Woody and Scott go back 5 decades. Would make sense for them to atleast consider it.

I grew up with Sean, played on his Boys and girls club soccer team and was the better soccer player, lol. I was heartbroken when he went to UNC, but was not his choice really. Scott was pissssssed. He was not coming to IU after they fired Knight. I would love to see Sean back here, would be a great part of Woodys vision of bridging the gap between young and old.
What do you mean not his choice? And why did May Jr come play for Davis?

Reactions: i'vegotwinners

Why wouldn’t he stay with HD and be groomed as a future head coach from there?

It seems we’d only enhance his resume for him to get a HC job elsewhere in the future. I think we’ve been “used” enough by the son of an all time great who basically hung out at Assembly Hall giving Davis every indication he was signing at IU.

I think it only makes sense to you. What's the gain to IU? His future is through Chapel Hill not Bloomington. If he was viewed as a kickass Coach, don't you think he'd have been promoted to an Asst position by Roy?

I think it only makes sense to you. What's the gain to IU? His future is through Chapel Hill not Bloomington. If he was viewed as a kickass Coach, don't you think he'd have been promoted to an Asst position by Roy?

Word is is that he's being considered for a assistant coach position at North Carolina.

Word is is that he's being considered for a assistant coach position at North Carolina.
Well, if it's Hubert he'd almost have to be, wouldn't he? I mean if they passed me over after HD was promoted, I'd get the hell out of Dodge.

I live in NC and I just don't hear any Heels fans clamoring that Sean May should be a bigger part of the program. I mean, bigger than he already is!

What do you mean not his choice? And why did May Jr come play for Davis?
Seemed pretty clear. He said Scott didn't want Sean playing at IU after the Knight firing.

What May Jr. are you talking about who played for Davis?

Well, if it's Hubert he'd almost have to be, wouldn't he? I mean if they passed me over after HD was promoted, I'd get the hell out of Dodge.

I live in NC and I just don't hear any Heels fans clamoring that Sean May should be a bigger part of the program. I mean, bigger than he already is!

Yeah, he's director of basketball operations for them, so the next logical step would be assistant coach.

He's been at the position since 2017, so he's got some time there. I would think he's ready for the next step.

no f'ing way.

Sean May is dead to me...

Yeah, he's director of basketball operations for them, so the next logical step would be assistant coach.

He's been at the position since 2017, so he's got some time there. I would think he's ready for the next step.
That's what I mean. I would think normal tenure in that position is a couple years, so after being there 4, and one of the Asst's get promoted, it would be a complete slap in the face if he weren't given an Asst position.

Sean wanted nothing to do with IU so we don’t need to have anything to do with Sean. If we’re going the former player route, there are actual former players to pick from. Lots of them.

no ass kissing former players...any candidate for assistant coaches must be on merit....they must offer IU value-added......no scraps or leftovers.

Reactions: rocketo

I dunno we hired Mike Roberts, lol. I like Sean, he knows a ton about bball, and I would think would have a good connection with a lot of recruits coming up in the South. I guess he would have been promoted if he was a killer, but he is still only 36/37.

Reactions: moneyadvisor
I think Michael Lewis would be a better fit and some think he’ll get an offer. Thought is to get a younger guy on the bench with the intention to groom him to take over some day. Perhaps Fife or Calbert, too. IU has plenty of their own.

This isn't the Blues Brothers. We are not trying to put the Band back together by playing 6 Degrees of Separation from Coach Knight. We need the people Woodson feels will be the best qualified and most successful. Given his background, I'm sure he has a lot of connections to Coaches with varying backgrounds.

That's what I mean. I would think normal tenure in that position is a couple years, so after being there 4, and one of the Asst's get promoted, it would be a complete slap in the face if he weren't given an Asst position.

Ahhhh, got it. We're on the same page.

I thought you were saying he has eligibility left. It's a weird year with Covid. I don't have an opinion on his ability to coach.

Man, me and Chanel can remember fatty Sean sitting in the front row under the northern basket waving at the crowd like he was a king. Maybe he should go eat at the golden corral with fatty matty painter and work for them. Plenty of chain restaurants in west Lafayette. Kiss my arse sean, you aren't welcome!!! If you want to watch IU, buy a ticket in the far west seats underneath the balcony. Actually, buy two because you can't hardly fit in one. Eat another whopper!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: BayernFan
I think Michael Lewis would be a better fit and some think he’ll get an offer. Thought is to get a younger guy on the bench with the intention to groom him to take over some day. Perhaps Fife or Calbert, too. IU has plenty of their own.

Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT