ADVERTISEMENT

Scruggs visiting Monday...

Wilkes & Scruggs.

Paul is trying to talk Kris into playing together. That would have the best chance of happening at X. Will be interesting to see how his home visit with Mack and his trip to UCLA goes. I'd call both of them the favorites right now.

How are they favorites for Wilkes when they don't even have an official visit scheduled yet? X might earn one after their home visit, but I would not call them leaders. Alex Bozich from Inside the Hall said yesterday that he believes IU is the leader for Wilkes. He says Wilkes wants to stay in this region, so UCLA has a lot of work ahead of them. He also talked about Scruggs that IU will quite possibly host an official visit for him. I do believe that everyday that passes from Scruggs's official visit to X the better it is for Indiana.

How are they favorites for Wilkes when they don't even have an official visit scheduled yet? X might earn one after their home visit, but I would not call them leaders. Alex Bozich from Inside the Hall said yesterday that he believes IU is the leader for Wilkes. He says Wilkes wants to stay in this region, so UCLA has a lot of work ahead of them. He also talked about Scruggs that IU will quite possibly host an official visit for him. I do believe that everyday that passes from Scruggs's official visit to X the better it is for Indiana.
You can believe what you want.

I'd love to see both kids at IU. But from what I've heard , that's not likely to happen. IF they play together in college, it's probably going to happen at Xavier. We'll know a lot more by the end of September.

It was said that big time donors raised the money for the purpose of the buyout only

The money was and is available from a short list of individuals, but those are also funds that can be used for other purposes. Buying out a regrettable business decision with the same dollar we could put into facilities.

You are probably hoping for that aren't you. I have never seen a fan base where so much of it wants to see the coach fail just because of their dislike for the coach.
It isn't dislike that drives it Scott. Dislike is important to you and Justin Bieber fans. It's more a matter of perceived lack of competence. Like and dislike as an important condition is the reasoning level of emotionally compromised teenagers... and idiots.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rakkasan29
It isn't dislike that drives it Scott. Dislike is important to you and Justin Bieber fans. It's more a matter of perceived lack of competence. Like and dislike as an important condition is the reasoning level of emotionally compromised teenagers... and idiots.
He might not be an elite coach but he is far from incompetent. I would say that a coach who is incompetent could not win the conference two times in 4 years or go to 3 sweet 16's. Still I don't know any other fan base hoping a coach will fail like some in this fan base hopes for Crean to fail.

He might not be an elite coach but he is far from incompetent. I would say that a coach who is incompetent could not win the conference two times in 4 years or go to 3 sweet 16's. Still I don't know any other fan base hoping a coach will fail like some in this fan base hopes for Crean to fail.
You must not have known any Michigan fans under Brady Hoke. Look where they're at now. UK under Gillispie. I could name plenty of examples just like this. Admittedly some worked and some didn't, but IU is not the only frustrated fan base out there.

Reactions: Hoogolf
You must not have known any Michigan fans under Brady Hoke. Look where they're at now. UK under Gillispie. I could name plenty of examples just like this. Admittedly some worked and some didn't, but IU is not the only frustrated fan base out there.
Did not say you shouldn't be frustrated but to openly hope for failure is not a fan to me.

Did not say you shouldn't be frustrated but to openly hope for failure is not a fan to me.
I've never openly hoped for failure. I've hoped for a new coach, but not for IU to lose games. No one was rooting harder for IU against UNC than I was.

Brady Hoke comparison? You continue to dominate in your own mind. I thought the stuff you posted on the Scout site was crazy. Please compare Brady Hoke's run to Crean's. Let us all take a seat to soak in the words of wisdom you are about to unleash.

It was said that big time donors raised the money for the purpose of the buyout only

Many things were said, that doesn't make them true. Crean has had the support from the people that matter, including most of the high heeled donors. The comments to the contrary have been nothing but comical to most of us.

Reactions: IU Hardcore
Brady Hoke comparison? You continue to dominate in your own mind. I thought the stuff you posted on the Scout site was crazy. Please compare Brady Hoke's run to Crean's. Let us all take a seat to soak in the words of wisdom you are about to unleash.
Brady Hoke was more successful at UM than TC has been at IU. Hoke never finished below 5th in the Big Ten. TC has finished below 5th 5-8 years. Hoke won a BCS bowl (Sugar Bowl in 2011), TC's best win is a 2nd round tourney game against a 4 seed. This really isn't very close.

Reactions: Shirtsandskins
Many things were said, that doesn't make them true. Crean has had the support from the people that matter, including most of the high heeled donors. The comments to the contrary have been nothing but comical to most of us.
This simply isn't true. He's had the "support" of the AD because that AD gave him an egregious buyout years earlier.

Talk to Ray Perkins and Mike Shula about coaching Football at Alabama where the fans took a while but finally found a coach who knows what coaching at a University that is a blue blood really means...........................

Brady Hoke was more successful at UM than TC has been at IU. Hoke never finished below 5th in the Big Ten. TC has finished below 5th 5-8 years. Hoke won a BCS bowl (Sugar Bowl in 2011), TC's best win is a 2nd round tourney game against a 4 seed. This really isn't very close.

Brady Hoke inherited a squad that went to a bowl game, and with Rich Rodriguez's players managed to do the following

11-2
8-5
7-6
5-7

Each year he got further away from his predecessor and those recruits, his teams got worse. As his players came into the fold, they got worse. Your comments are beyond reality.

IU, under Crean got better from year 1 to 2, from 2 to 3, from 3 to 4, from 4 to 5. Then we rebuilt, and now again on the rist.

Your comments, again, are beyond reality. Brady Hoke did NOTHING with his players. He got worse, every year with his guys. Crean's teams, the exact opposite.

...but IU is not the only frustrated fan base out there.

.... yeah... imagine for a moment... nope, that's too long.... a split second.... like a nano-second.... that you were a PURDUE fan....

OH NO... I just burped stomach acid into my mouth.... MOUTHWASH!!! WHERE'S THE F"ING MOUTHWASH!!!!

.... yeah... imagine for a moment... nope, that's too long.... a split second.... like a nano-second.... that you were a PURDUE fan....

OH NO... I just burped stomach acid into my mouth.... MOUTHWASH!!! WHERE'S THE F"ING MOUTHWASH!!!!
At least at Purdue they don't have any standards because they've never won anything. So how much can they really be let down?

But at Purdue there are no expectations because they have no history perhaps TC should coach at Purdue he could meet their expectations

But at Purdue there are no expectations because they have no history perhaps TC should coach at Purdue he could meet their expectations

Until this past year, they had won more Big Ten titles than we had I believe. There is plenty of history at Purdue, from great coaches, players, etc. They don't have the national titles, that doesn't mean they don't have a history.

Until this past year, they had won more Big Ten titles than we had I believe. There is plenty of history at Purdue, from great coaches, players, etc. They don't have the national titles, that doesn't mean they don't have a history.
Big deal most of those titles from the early days not so many in my life time and I am a Senior Citizen. I golf with several Purdue Grads every week and their expectations and goals are no where close to what the average IU grad expects.............

Big deal most of those titles from the early days not so many in my life time and I am a Senior Citizen. I golf with several Purdue Grads every week and their expectations and goals are no where close to what the average IU grad expects.............

That doesn't make your comment or others about their history any less flawed.

That doesn't make your comment or others about their history any less flawed.
Yes it does at one time Rome was the big power in the world just like Purdue was a power in college basketball those days have long since been gone and the living can't remember them. Granted it has been a while since IU's glory days (TC has not helped) but still current enough for folks to remember and NCAA tournament success is a major part of history and Purdue has never got a championship in fact only 2 final fours in my lifetime..........

Yes it does at one time Rome was the big power in the world just like Purdue was a power in college basketball those days have long since been gone and the living can't remember them. Granted it has been a while since IU's glory days (TC has not helped) but still current enough for folks to remember and NCAA tournament success is a major part of history and Purdue has never got a championship in fact only 2 final fours in my lifetime..........

Would you be naive enough to say Rome has no history or tradition? You may not have been able to pick a worse analogy. Congratulations. Your definition (bias as it is), doesn't get to determine what history or tradition is, no matter how much you wish to make it the case.

Would you be naive enough to say Rome has no history or tradition? You may not have been able to pick a worse analogy. Congratulations. Your definition (bias as it is), doesn't get to determine what history or tradition is, no matter how much you wish to make it the case.
Yes history but not relevant if IU's desire is to make IU basketball irrelevant like Purdue congratulations because IU is getting there. In fact I had a friend from North Carolina a few weeks ago tell me "Indiana Basketball is no longer relevant "

Just heard from one of my AAU buddies that Scruggs recruitment "is about to get real interesting".

What that means, he wouldn't say. People I know from X think they're still solid with him. I'll post any info I hear.

Just heard from one of my AAU buddies that Scruggs recruitment "is about to get real interesting".

What that means, he wouldn't say. People I know from X think they're still solid with him. I'll post any info I hear.
I have heard from some sources Paul may not be playing high school basketball in Indiana this year have you heard anything similar ????

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT