ADVERTISEMENT

Screw Noter Dame

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
Its possible (albeit unlikely) that Louisville - that beat Noter Dame at Noter Dame - will get shut out of a bowl because Noter Dame is in the "drawing" for ACC bowl bids even though Noter Dame refuses to actually "join" the ACC.

Say WHAT?

Hey ACC schools!
Say ACC scholols!
How do you like having Noter Dame "in" the ACC now?

ACC Bowl Drawing

While an IU fan first, I grew up in So Bend and still follow ND, but I agree with you about this ACC craziness. Since the Irish did not go "all in" with joining the ACC for football, they should not be allowed to be part of this random draw procees for bowl game privileges. It is unfair to have one of these long-standing members be shut out of a bowl. Plus, this was a horrendous losing stretch to end their season. My guess is that many ND players and fans right now have little enthusiasm about dragging out this dreadful season by playing one more game.

One former Notre Dame player, I wish I could remember the name, said that Notre Dame is too good for any minor bowl. So if the university took that line of reasoning it would only rarely ever go to a post season game. But the only good thing about being selected for bowls above what they should be in is that usually are pounded because of that!

My Prediction: Belk or Sun Bowl

gets them 15 extra practices and their defense gets to build depth

Re: they refused to go to any bowls until the 1970 Cotton Bowl. Nt

And they have had a great bowl record recently. Didn't they lose nine in a row and most of them were not even close? Oh well, they still think they are the best. The column by Al Lesar in South Bend Tribune today said that on paper ND should have won these last four. I'm not sure what he was drinking, but USC was a seven point favorite and should have been more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT