ADVERTISEMENT

Screw coffee. On a hot day, nothing beats good iced tea.

TheOriginalHappyGoat

Oct 4, 2010
Margaritaville
I used to brew sun tea, believing (rightly) that it was better than hot brewed tea. I have since had my eyes opened to something even better than sun tea - fridge tea. You brew the tea in cold water in the fridge over night, and it ends up even mellower than sun tea.

After literally breaking a hoe off in the garden, it's just what the doctor ordered.

Instead of tea, how about a nice sixer of this?

appleorchard.jpg

Reactions: PhishPhan682
I used to brew sun tea, believing (rightly) that it was better than hot brewed tea. I have since had my eyes opened to something even better than sun tea - fridge tea. You brew the tea in cold water in the fridge over night, and it ends up even mellower than sun tea.

After literally breaking a hoe off in the garden, it's just what the doctor ordered.
Add some Titos and lemon.

I love breaking a ho off...

Will you all stop going off-topic on the off-topic forum and stick to ice tea here. To me there's nothing better on a hot day than a tall ice cold glass of UNsweetened ice-tea. Of course every time I say that down here south of the Mason-Dixon line I get looked at like I'm speaking in the devil's tongue.

Reactions: IUhottie
Will you all stop going off-topic on the off-topic forum and stick to ice tea here. To me there's nothing better on a hot day than a tall ice cold glass of UNsweetened ice-tea. Of course every time I say that down here south of the Mason-Dixon line I get looked at like I'm speaking in the devil's tongue.
Sweet tea is just iced vomit.

Seriously, though. Drink sweet tea. Then drink sugar water. I dare you to claim you can tell the difference.

You don't have to tell me, I personally do not enjoy sweet tea at all, doesn't do anything to quench a thirst and spikes my glucose levels higher than mountain dew, especially the way it's made by some folks down here. I'm just saying, folks don't take too kindly to you not taking too kindly to their sweet sweet nectar from God.

You don't have to tell me, I personally do not enjoy sweet tea at all, doesn't do anything to quench a thirst and spikes my glucose levels higher than mountain dew, especially the way it's made by some folks down here. I'm just saying, folks don't take too kindly to you not taking too kindly to their sweet sweet nectar from God.
You know that the proper way to make southern sweet tea is to do it with boiling water? You prolly do, actually. But do you remember chem class and know why? Because when you boil the water, you can dissolve more sugar and make it supersaturated.

Shit's nasty. It's basically just syrup.

I teach chemistry and our past unit was on solutions, so yes, as a matter of fact I do remember chem class (almost like it was about 12 hours ago *vbg*) and the fact that the higher the temperature of the solvent, the more solute you can dissolve into it. Also if you use granulated sugar instead of sugar cubes you can make the sugar dissolve into the solvent even faster. Of course powdered sugar would dissolve even faster than granulated sugar, but no one would ever make sweet tea with powdered sugar.

I teach chemistry and our past unit was on solutions, so yes, as a matter of fact I do remember chem class (almost like it was about 12 hours ago *vbg*) and the fact that the higher the temperature of the solvent, the more solute you can dissolve into it. Also if you use granulated sugar instead of sugar cubes you can make the sugar dissolve into the solvent even faster. Of course powdered sugar would dissolve even faster than granulated sugar, but no one would ever make sweet tea with powdered sugar.
Did not know you teached chem. Fun.

Chemistry, Biology, Conceptual Physics, Aquatic Science and Integrated Chemistry and Physics (last year). I'm a bit of a jack of all (science) trades. I'm also certified to teach speech (imagine that!).

Reactions: burnthemallralphie
Cramer, a good sweet tea is boiled with organic sugar. It is the only way I can drink it.

Side note: thinking of dumping a life of working in labs and teaching chemistry in school at some point in the next few years.

@burnthemallralphie make sure you know exactly what you're getting into before you take that jump. 50% of new teachers are out of the profession by the end of year 5. It is a highly rewarding experience, but it a career that requires a lot out of you to do it the right way. You'll work a lot of hours off the clock without being paid for it. You'll be expected to do professional development that you don't get paid for during your breaks. The idea of teachers having their summers off is one that is slowly going away. That being said, getting to work with young adults and seeing them develop and do things that they didn't think possible is amazing. Being able to hopefully be a positive influence in their journey is a huge responsibility but worth undertaking. Oh, also realize that you aren't going into the profession for the money, because while you'll have a comfortable salary, it isn't exactly great.

Reactions: burnthemallralphie
I'll stick up for sweet tea. Couldn't drink it when I moved here 20+ years ago, but now I make the bitter face if I drink unsweetened tea. I can't drink the syrupy sweet tea from alot of places, but will do a half and half mix until I get the right taste. Trying to get sugar to dissolve in cold tea is what sucks balls.

The sugar does mask the taste of the tea, but if you start with good tea, a slight sweetness tastes better to me. If you have a McAllisters Deli, they have really good sweet tea, imo. A healthy squeeze of fresh lemon is also on the money!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT