ADVERTISEMENT

SCOTUS: Cheerleader's social media F-bombs are protected speech

outside shooter

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 23, 2001
At least when they don't pose a specific threat and the punishing entity is a public school. 8-1 ruling, limited in scope.

NPR link:

Link for DANC, Lucy, Mas, et al:
Well if this isn't the logical conclusion of hyper sports parenting i don't know what.......

Oh yeah, forgot about the mom down in Texas that tried to have the parent of a teammate whacked.

We've come a long way baby

It's also limited in that in this instance there is no realistic interpretation of the posting that would consider it to be in any way a threat, either general or specific.

You can say "EFF my high school" but not
"EFF my high school, I should blow it up"
or
"EFF my high school, and EFF my shop teacher Mas, who needs to be shot"

Reactions: hookyIU1990
I saw someone else post about this saying, 'The Cussing Cheerleader Case' sounds like a bad Hardy Boys or Nancy Drew book.

The self own by the ACLU after the case is AMAZING. What happened to adults?

Just google ACLU t shirt. Enjoy

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Gestapo police in California don't want you to honk horn or play your car stereo so they break into his house. The driver is lucky to be alive. Surprised the Gestapo didn't gun down the driver in his own home.

Good to see that. It's out of hand in a lot of cases. Hopefully no knock warrants are on their way out too. Very little good can come of cops entering your home without a warrant. There's only downside risk.

Good to see that. It's out of hand in a lot of cases. Hopefully no knock warrants are on their way out too. Very little good can come of cops entering your home without a warrant. There's only downside risk.
Huh? A no knock warrant is a warrant.

Huh? A no knock warrant is a warrant.
No knock warrants get the innocent hurt or killed. Examples abound.
If you've got a warrant for a bad guy, catch him coming or going.

Edit:. I see what you're saying. I stuck my no knock comment in the middle of a thought about cops entering without a warrant.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT