ADVERTISEMENT

Scotty Bradley picked by Blue Jays

Charlesroast

Freshman
Aug 4, 2013
36th round. Also Reese Sharp 28th round to Giants, that’s a bit concerning for Hoosiers, but congrats to both.

Edit
Few picks later Cam Beauchamp picked by Phillies, if he could have ever found control he could have helped the Hoosiers.
Another edit
Jake Sweeney a big lefty from Hobart in the lost class of ‘18 to Pirates by way of Pensacola JC. He could be a nice pick for the Hoosiers if he passes the Pirate offer.

Cole Barr picked by Mariners in round 37.

The draft has ended, Dunham and Bunnell were selected in the last round.

Fascinating process, now some more waiting.

Last edited:
Not sure what the money is in the later rounds but I hope we dont lose everyone that was drafted. I thought that I noticed that the last value posted was in the 10th round and it was listed around $140,000. I would think that Bradley, Barr, and Dunham could easily raise there worth with more college seasoning next year.
Looks like scouts noticed the Hoosiers and maybe there was more talent on this team than was realized.

Not sure what the money is in the later rounds but I hope we dont lose everyone that was drafted. I thought that I noticed that the last value posted was in the 10th round and it was listed around $140,000. I would think that Bradley, Barr, and Dunham could easily raise there worth with more college seasoning next year.
Looks like scouts noticed the Hoosiers and maybe there was more talent on this team than was realized.
I saw that the ten IU players selected in the draft was a record for IU. It helps the program's image when recruits see that.

Reactions: 82IU
I'm extremely surprised about Bunnell. Not only for getting drafted at all but, drafted when Fineman did not. In 2 years here, only had 58 AB's and batted .155. Idk how he got drafted.....but happy for him. If he does have success, we will have to question why he never got playing time here.

Really surprised that Fineman did not get drafted. He is a decent defensive catcher with big bat potential. Head scratcher to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT