ADVERTISEMENT

Scott signs with Saints, Whop with Vikes, Crider with Eagles, JJ with Fins nt

Well, you get some signing money and maybe a roster bonus if you make the team. But the big thing is you get opportunity. Stay another Year, maybe you get injured, maybe you don't improve, or maybe your position is absolutely loaded next year and you get pushed down further. It isn't where you start, it's where you finish. Ask 6th round Draft pick Tom Brady.

I wasn't surprised about Whop being a Free Agent. If I ready it correctly, his 40 time from Pro Day was 4.65 or 4,7. That isn't going to get anyone's attention

If Whop ran a 4.6 or 4.7, there’s no wonder he kept getting dropped for losses when he looped backwards trying for a miracle. But truthfully, I’d be shocked if that was true. He seemed like our fastest receiver. Did injuries slow him that much?

I never really saw him as fast, I think his best trait was his hands and ability get open (usually holes in a zone and not outrunning guys) . I don’t think he ever really ran away from anyone successfully. His best YAC moment came from breaking like 4 tackles, although I can’t remember the game!

Both Whop and Stevie had slower 40 times for their positions, and that had to play a part in their not being drafted. You need close to a 4.5 or better for WR and RB.

Reactions: BayernFan
Is a FA “contract” worth leaving early for?
Maybe. In some cases, landing with a team as an undrafted free agent, as opposed to getting picked in a late round, means a better fit with a team that more closely suits the player's skill set.

Some UDFAs have made it big. Wes Welker, Tony Romo and Kurt Warner are prime examples.

Maybe. In some cases, landing with a team as an undrafted free agent, as opposed to getting picked in a late round, means a better fit with a team that more closely suits the player's skill set.

Some UDFAs have made it big. Wes Welker, Tony Romo and Kurt Warner are prime examples.
I get that lightning might strike, but dang, CTA seems to have a pretty good thing going in Bloomington. Just doesn’t make sense to me to give that away for a slim chance in a tryout.

ADVERTISEMENT