ADVERTISEMENT

Scoreless at the half in IU/PSU battle

0-0 with 25 left in 2nd half...Colin Webb keeping us in it

PSU controlling the match. IU has had chances but hasn't even put a shot on frame yet. PSU has had several good shots, but freshman keeper Colin Webb- making only his 4th career start- has been great in goal.

At least the D is holding up. Wasn't that the problem this season?

All I saw was the early season loss to UCLA. Hoosiers were better team that day, but contrived to lose. Get the drift that was a recurring problem.

But from what I understand, the defense has been leaky, and problems especially dealing with new center backs.

Can't help thinking IU could still be dangerous despite the awful record.

Have the game on my IPad at the office

We've looked better the second half, and much better in the OT period. We should have had a goal in the first OT period and another in the second OT period. Finishing is poor.

Wow! Sounds like team caught fire late in season.

Sorry, haven't followed the B10 tourney. Assume this puts us in the final on Sunday?

Still need to win it to advance to NCAA. That's tough, but we got momentum finally.

They haven't played great soccer

For about 10 minutes today, neither team could connect more than 3 passes, which is surprising given that nearly every kid is an Academy kid.

That said, they gutted out some huge wins and did what they needed to to move on.

Fantastic Win

All credit to the boys on a fantastic effort today. The first 65 minutes of the game was all PSU, but we held strong and our GK was excellent. Late in the game, we finally came alive and had our own chances that were either saved or nearly missed.

IU dominated the overtime- I don't think PSU had any good chances or buildup in the extra session. And the penalties were all well-taken and calmly slotted into the corner of the net.

1 more win to keep the NCAA Tournament streak alive...

ADVERTISEMENT