ADVERTISEMENT

Scorecard: Who's Coming and Going

76-1

Hall of Famer
Mar 22, 2017
Indiana

Hopefully no one else is leaving because no one is coming (right now) unless we hold some late walk-on try outs in the west parking lot...😉

The good news is: that's four more open scholarships available for the next class... 😎🍺

Last edited:
I was wondering about this...JMU is still really good this year. I wonder how many seniors would like an extra year of eligibility and play for their old coach at IU again next year? Our JMU haul may not be over yet.

I was wondering about this...JMU is still really good this year. I wonder how many seniors would like an extra year of eligibility and play for their old coach at IU again next year? Our JMU haul may not be over yet.
The JMU players have been good, don't get me wrong but their biggest contribution to IU is they brought over and instilled the foundation of Cigs program. The buy-in to the required work ethic necessary to be successful is not easily cultivated from scratch.

I say this because we didn't necessarily bring over incredibly talented players who will dominate the NFL for years to come. We brought over players who were fully bought into a system and their trust of coach and playing for the team is what made the difference in the locker room. Now it's about coach merely bringing in players who have the right mentality to go with the talent a B1G team can attract. The team that returns will have the machine in motion and new players, be it from JMU or any program, will fall in line regardless. So I, personally, am not worried about needing to bring in JMU talent.

Reactions: jsenleo and asr-9
The JMU players have been good, don't get me wrong but their biggest contribution to IU is they brought over and instilled the foundation of Cigs program. The buy-in to the required work ethic necessary to be successful is not easily cultivated from scratch.

I say this because we didn't necessarily bring over incredibly talented players who will dominate the NFL for years to come. We brought over players who were fully bought into a system and their trust of coach and playing for the team is what made the difference in the locker room. Now it's about coach merely bringing in players who have the right mentality to go with the talent a B1G team can attract. The team that returns will have the machine in motion and new players, be it from JMU or any program, will fall in line regardless. So I, personally, am not worried about needing to bring in JMU talent.
At this point, with what we now know and have seen, I’m surprised someone is still downplaying the ability of those players.

If you could change their names, increase their “stars”, and then have the exact same production we’ve had, you would declare it’s due to the high quality of talent we have.

Good news is, it is. But some can’t see it. It doesn’t matter.

Better news is that we have a staff that knows talent when they see it, regardless of what others have rated them and they know how to develop it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT