ADVERTISEMENT

Schedule for 2021

Palmbeachhoosier

All-Big Ten
Aug 13, 2016
Delray Beach, FL
I am not a conspiracy theorist and believe the BIG is out to get IU. But dang how is it that IU always seems to draw one of the toughest crossover schedules each year?
IU is hoping for a breakout year and what do they do they send them TO Iowa to start the season. Iowa as always predicted to challenge for the BIG west title. You could not at least sent them to Bloomington? Then your next crossover is Minnesota a team that is predicted to finish third in the west. It is a team that still has some very good offensive skill guys. Then of corse you have that other school that is only predicted to be 6th but it is a rivalry and they also have some gamechangers especially in the form of David Bell.
Then you go into the pre-conference this year. You start with Idaho which should be a victory. Next up you have Cincinnati a Top 10 preseason team at home. Next you go to Western Kentucky a very dangerous game number one just going there is a problem then it is sandwiched between Cincy and Penn State can CTA convince the Hoosiers to be up for this game and not be looking back at the Cincy result or ahead to PSU? That is going to be a tough call. Next you go to Happy Valley to face a talented team with revenge in their eyes and a new offense or coordinator who has had success everywhere he has been. The IU secondary will be tested down the field as he believes in throwing it downfield as often as possible. Next we have MSU at home in a game that again looks like a very winnable game but you throw in history which you can say about every game for IU but also dangerous because of it being sandwiched between PSU and OSU. Tough situation for the Hoosiers. Next up you host OSU and nothing more needs to be said. Next it is on to Maryland a team that might be as talented as any team in the BIG except maybe OSU. Also again sandwiched between OSU and Michigan just to make it a little more exciting. So next it is on to to the Big House to face a team that you dominated the year before and they probably will not be too happy about that. Then it is back home to face a Rutgers team that is really building quite quickly. Then you finish with Minnesota and Purdue which have been discussed.
This is a very challenging schedule to say the least are the Hoosiers going to be up to the challenge ? Let’s hope so.

The protected crossover messes up a lot of stuff and is the only one in the conference. With the expansion of the playoffs virtually assured maybe the divisions will go bye bye.

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
Yeah, having the worst team, the best team and a team in the middle of the West seems to be a valid setup. Going to Iowa or to Wisconsin is always going to feel brutal when you already have an Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Michigan State on the schedule. Minnesota didn't look all that great last year when expectations were pretty high for them.

No matter the case, these 3 rotations are locked for future schedules each year:

PU - Wisconsin - Illinois
PU - Northwestern - Nebraska
PU - Iowa - Minnesota

Then you just rotate the home and away's every time you play that set of opponents.

Looking at the bright side, next year we get Northwestern and Purdue at home and play at Nebraska. We will likely be retooling a lot of positions on the roster so that will come in handy. If Penix leaves, we have some talented guys in the wings I look forward to plus the likely transfers coming in. I would assume our expectations for next year might go up more as the next offseason goes along.

I don’t want people to get the misconception that o am making excuses in advance if the season falls short of people’s expectations. I am simply pointing out that this schedule is very challenging. I personally hope they go 15-0 and that is every year. However I understand that is unrealistic.
What I want from this season is for the Hoosiers to compete in every game. I want them to win more games than they lose. I would truly love to see them play in a New Year’s Day game. I want to see them win that game. I want to see CTA continue to elevate this program.

I don’t want people to get the misconception that o am making excuses in advance if the season falls short of people’s expectations. I am simply pointing out that this schedule is very challenging. I personally hope they go 15-0 and that is every year. However I understand that is unrealistic.
What I want from this season is for the Hoosiers to compete in every game. I want them to win more games than they lose. I would truly love to see them play in a New Year’s Day game. I want to see them win that game. I want to see CTA continue to elevate this program.
No problem from my end as I know you are a Hoosier fan and support coach Allen. I say I want the Hoosiers to go 15-0 but I understand that is a wild dream much like IU winning the B10 and going to the Rose Bowl in 1967, you never know what could happen.

ADVERTISEMENT