ADVERTISEMENT

Scariest game on the schedule.

Cavanagh

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2012
We can talk about “must wins” and I often do. Obviously nothing is a must win though in terms of making the tournament. However, a loss today would put us in a hole that no big ten team would want to be in. This will be our last “easy” game of the year. The schedule gets brutal after this.

Fred is still playing around with his squad and they don’t have a ton of talent. They are starting to play pretty hard though and they are gonna win 3 games or so. If we don’t come out with some fire this one is gonna be close.

Would be great to see a dialed in squad with a purpose today.

IU has already lost a game or two "must wins", based on the schedule. One of Miller's problems is that his team's really can't ever blow anyone out with great play. I don't expect any game remaining to be anything but a big challenge, including this one.

Nebraska runs and kicks it out, a lot. IU will need to slow them down and then grind out a win with superior inside play.

IU has already lost a game or two "must wins", based on the schedule. One of Miller's problems is that his team's really can't ever blow anyone out with great play. I don't expect any game remaining to be anything but a big challenge, including this one.

Nebraska runs and kicks it out, a lot. IU will need to slow them down and then grind out a win with superior inside play.

The good news is they are the worst at shooting the three in conference. The bad news is we are 12 in OP 3p% and trending down in that category. They are only going up in 3p%, and IU seems to attract players coming out parties. Hope we dont see some no namer drop 5 threes tonight.

We can talk about “must wins” and I often do. Obviously nothing is a must win though in terms of making the tournament. However, a loss today would put us in a hole that no big ten team would want to be in. This will be our last “easy” game of the year. The schedule gets brutal after this.

Fred is still playing around with his squad and they don’t have a ton of talent. They are starting to play pretty hard though and they are gonna win 3 games or so. If we don’t come out with some fire this one is gonna be close.

I don't see this being an "easy" game. No games for IU are easy any more. Nebraska is desperate for a win, I think they come ready to play. IU has no killer instincts, this game will be close. Wouldn't be surprised at all by a loss, hope I'm wrong.

From an intangibles aspect this sets up as a trap game. Just lost a double OT game in a venue where we’ve lost 18 in a row. We had to be pumped to play Wisky. After the Nebraska game we face our biggest rival.

Not to mention Nebraska is awful. There are bottom feeders in the B10 that are KenPom in the 50s, then the bottom drops out to Nebraska at 119. Nebraska may only win a few conference games.

Will IU be looking ahead? Will IU come out flat after the emotions of Madison? Will we take a horrible team too lightly? And if so, will it make a difference?

I say IU wins pretty easily. Another huge double / double from TJD. Al Durham continues to be a difference maker. The much maligned senior has been averaging north of 15 ppg over the last few games, and has really willed IU back into the game when it seemed we were imploding (see UW, MD).

Hoosiers 77-56

Reactions: T.M.P. and Cavanagh

I agree. For whatever reason, Nebraska plays us well or we don’t ever seem to get any easy ones vs them. For that matter, no easy ones vs any team. However way you want to spin it, this game always seems to be a challenge for Hoosiers. I could really use an easy win, ie get up high teens and stay there. One easy win game out of 20 league games is all I am asking. But I always sense this game will be a grinder, just like all the others.

All of them are the scariest as you never know which team is going to show up. Hope they don’t come out flat today and give Nebby their first B1G win.

If we lose tonight the team is not worth following.

I expect an easy win and would be shocked by a loss.

Reactions: Cavanagh
Not sure this post means much. This team won’t win more than 3 or 4 more BIG games. So 12 total wins I’m thinking

Reactions: Hoosierific

Since Huskers have joined the league in 2012, IU is 7-6 vs Huskers and IU has won the last three. I never expect an easy win. But again, like I said in an earlier post, I truly could use one. Is one easy win out of 20 too much to ask? That said, I anticipate another grinder and is to come out low energy following the heart breaker we had at Wiscy.

I suspect IU will win, my bigger concern is Covid after two road games, one of them being Madison which was the Covid hotspot all fall.

Which "must win(s)" are you referring to? @top 10 Wisconsin? Top 5 Texas? @ top 20 FSU? @top 10 Illinois? The ONLY loss you can even make the argument with is NW. We were part of a stretch where they beat MSU and OSU. They were hot and made it in the top 20. Face it. There isn't a bad loss on there. NW is questionable (and may look bad by the end of the season), but that's it.... Outside of NW, they have won every game they were supposed to. All that said, yes, they do have to take care of business tonight. Can not lose to Nebraska without multiple big wins to make up for it, and IU has quality wins but no great ones.

ADVERTISEMENT