ADVERTISEMENT

Say CAM gets canned.. who’s next?

Given Beilein's age, I'd think you would need to also hire an assistant who is "future coach in waiting" because you would need to worry about recruits not wanting to commit to a coach that is so old and may not be around. Perhaps you pair Beilein with Calbert Cheaney or Michael Lewis.

I'd also be good with Thad Matta and am wondering if Chris Mack is a real possibility given he may not want to hang in Louisville knowing sanctions are coming. The beauty of Beilein and Matta is you could get this all done right now and be an immediate player in the transfer portal market

Reactions: 76-1
Given Beilein's age, I'd think you would need to also hire an assistant who is "future coach in waiting" because you would need to worry about recruits not wanting to commit to a coach that is so old and may not be around. Perhaps you pair Beilein with Calbert Cheaney or Michael Lewis.

I'd also be good with Thad Matta and am wondering if Chris Mack is a real possibility given he may not want to hang in Louisville knowing sanctions are coming. The beauty of Beilein and Matta is you could get this all done right now and be an immediate player in the transfer portal market

Pairing Beilein with either Lewis or Cheaney (or both) is an exceptionally good idea, in my opinion...

What in there requires proof?

He never coached again in college.
He lasted 1 year in the CBA.
He was there because he was an ace recruiter. I didn't think this was disputed anymore?
No dispute there, only with the ridiculous notion that he was a “fall guy”. It was idiotic, as usual.

Reactions: Radio Zero
Frank was an all-timer at Purdue, a good coach, but a better man. But yes, his primary purpose was that of recruiting coordinator given his ties to the university and the city of Indianapolis who routinely put out prospect after prospect. He was ultimately given a raw deal by Purdue (I laugh at anyone who suggests Frank was the brains behind facilitating a loan to a current player) and a big reason why he was estranged from Purdue for so long up until recently.
You falsely claimed he was the “fall guy”. That’s ridiculously ignorant.

Pairing Beilein with either Lewis or Cheaney (or both) is an exceptionally good idea, in my opinion...

Would a head coach accept an assistant "coach in waiting" that is not one of his own choosing?

Whatever dude.
The singer is 94, whatever dude. I responded to a post that said —-“He and Johnny Mercer are my two favorite dead singers. RIP.” He meaning the singer Tony Bennett referring to him being dead. The singer Then by B is still alive. So whatever dude just making sure you are not making shit up about a death to someone who is not dead. Yes whatever dude! Don’t put false stuff if you doo ok t want to be called omit. Look him up!

The singer is 94, whatever dude. I responded to a post that said —-“He and Johnny Mercer are my two favorite dead singers. RIP.” He meaning the singer Tony Bennett referring to him being dead. The singer Then by B is still alive. So whatever dude just making sure you are not making shit up about a death to someone who is not dead. Yes whatever dude! Don’t put false stuff if you doo ok t want to be called omit. Look him up!
Write English much?

Go **** yourself.

Write English much?

Go **** yourself.
Wow, I can see you are so intelligent that your witty response after the classic “Write English much?” Is the so very intellectual post “Go *** yourself?”. So all I said in the first post is that Tony Bennett is still alive and age 94. And I insulted you how? Your witty retort was “Whatever dude.” So because I am right and you are wrong you tell me to go **** myself. Well I have got to tell you I understand why there is a zero in your name. Later!

• Haha
Doesn't sound like yes man Dolson has the balls to pull the plug this year. Scott apparently told people last night that he and Archie are on the same page whatever the blank that means. At least according to chris007 on Btownbanners.

Dolson was on a general varsity club call yesterday and said as much. I would read precisely zero into it. IU doesn't fire coaches before the end of the season and there's little advantage now to not letting the BTT play out so you can say you gave him every chance. No AD is going to undermine their coach before firing him. It's a non-story and has little effect on whether or not Dolson does something next week, which is the earliest it was ever going to happen.

It's absolutely possible Archie comes back. It's absolutely nonsense to think that what Dolson said on a general varsity club call yesterday is a window into the decision right now.

Dolson was on a general varsity club call yesterday and said as much. I would read precisely zero into it. IU doesn't fire coaches before the end of the season and there's little advantage now to not letting the BTT play out so you can say you gave him every chance. No AD is going to undermine their coach before firing him. It's a non-story and has little effect on whether or not Dolson does something next week, which is the earliest it was ever going to happen.

It's absolutely possible Archie comes back. It's absolutely nonsense to think that what Dolson said on a general varsity club call yesterday is a window into the decision right now.

Your reasoned response and logic have no home here!

Reactions: .Gerdis
And/or a Fife would leave us multiple options in 5 years. Same with Matta, but I like the idea of having an IU guy waiting in the wings under a proven coach and no more buyouts

Kids that grew up listening to dad and grandpa talk about IU victories from the past will know him. The problem is there doesn't seem to be any die hard fans among the top recruits.

I'm a believer that a coach can be successful if he is in the right place at the right time.If were going to hire Alford, It should have been after Davis or after giving Davis an interim year.

We need a good coach that can sell the program, knows the Big Ten and what Indiana basketball expects . Cuonzo Martin, Thad Matta, Michael Lewis, .
Outside of the hope that Brad S is walking through that door, seems like Scott Drew or Chris Beard would be the top of the list.

Outside of the hope that Brad S is walking through that door, seems like Scott Drew or Chris Beard would be the top of the list.
I think Drew, Beard, Donovan and Stevens are obviously unrealistic. What is realistic, and mind you less expensive ... in no order of preference (anybody would be preferable) :
Fife
Mike Lewis
Calbert
Matta
Beilen
Skiles

Some combination of that as suggested earlier would set us up for years of no more bullshit, and start a line of succession

images

• Angry
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT