ADVERTISEMENT

Say CAM gets canned.. who’s next?

I'm sure Kendrick "volunteered" to be reassigned to a non-athletic position at the university as well...

And never coached again in college. And lasted one year in the CBA. He wasn't on the Purdue staff because of his coaching chops, that's for sure.

Like I said, you don’t understand what it means to be a “fall guy”. A fall guy takes the blame for the actions / misdeeds of others.

So you think he did the things he was fired for without any instruction from anyone above him?

Kids that grew up listening to dad and grandpa talk about IU victories from the past will know him. The problem is there doesn't seem to be any die hard fans among the top recruits.

I'm a believer that a coach can be successful if he is in the right place at the right time.If were going to hire Alford, It should have been after Davis or after giving Davis an interim year.

We need a good coach that can sell the program, knows the Big Ten and what Indiana basketball expects . Cuonzo Martin, Thad Matta, Michael Lewis, .

Alford was the right call when Davis was fired. I think the program would be in a far better place.

So you think he did the things he was fired for without any instruction from anyone above him?

He wasn't "fired". He "voluntarily" offered to be re-assigned to a non-athletic position within the university. How many rogue assistants who have committed NCAA violations have been retained by their university in a different capacity? Unless.....

Let me go on record with the Brad Stevens idea. Reach out to him. Get it on record..."Brad is not interested". So we can shoot this horse once and for call.

And if by some miracle, he responds with any glimmer of hope.....ABC Always Be Closing. We can't afford another set of steak knives.

I just want some closure to the whole "Brad thing" once and for all. Otherwise his name will keep popping up here for the next 20 yrs.

Reactions: outlawyer and 76-1
He wasn't "fired". He "voluntarily" offered to be re-assigned to a non-athletic position within the university. How many rogue assistants who have committed NCAA violations have been retained by their university in a different capacity? Unless.....
This is what people who don’t know the facts do. They knit together a narrative because it sounds plausible, and facts aren’t needed to tell the story. It’s what you’re known for here.

This is what people who don’t know the facts do. They knit together a narrative because it sounds plausible, and facts aren’t needed to tell the story. It’s what you’re known for here.

You wouldn't know facts if it hit you in the face and broke your nose. Frank and I go as far back as elementary school and were not only classmates but good friends as we graduated from Tech a year apart from one another. I've had the pleasure of working with Frank in his post-Purdue career and someone I still talk too semi-regularly. Spare me with your bullshit, I don't have time for it.

The way this reads is that you don’tknow he’s won a National championship at UVA already, but that can’t possibly be the case, right?
it should also be noted that IU fired his sister. I don't know how close they are but, its got to put a bit of a damper on his view of IU. The last time he was approached by IU, he said he wasn't interested.

Reactions: iuhoosierstildeath
Let me go on record with the Brad Stevens idea. Reach out to him. Get it on record..."Brad is not interested". So we can shoot this horse once and for call.

And if by some miracle, he responds with any glimmer of hope.....ABC Always Be Closing. We can't afford another set of steak knives.

I just want some closure to the whole "Brad thing" once and for all. Otherwise his name will keep popping up here for the next 20 yrs.
Dolson also needs to keep repeating NARG: Never Abandon Realizing your Goals.

You wouldn't know facts if it hit you in the face and broke your nose. Frank and I go as far back as elementary school and were not only classmates but good friends as we graduated from Tech a year apart from one another. I've had the pleasure of working with Frank in his post-Purdue career and someone I still talk too semi-regularly. Spare me with your bullshit, I don't have time for it.
And yet you haven’t provided a shred of proof that he was the “fall guy”. You’re welcome to try, but it’s notable that you keep avoiding the facts here and deflecting at every opportunity. It’s what you do.

Reactions: Radio Zero
You miss the point. What you should ask is what is her perception of IU? After doing a little research, I found that Bennett and his sister are, in fact, very close. If she feels she was slighted by IU, there is no chance of getting him as a coach.
Hmm ...

Maybe Tony is close to her but doesn't think she has good judgement. I don't actually know that for a fact.

He would probably be a good coach for IU.

And never coached again in college. And lasted one year in the CBA. He wasn't on the Purdue staff because of his coaching chops, that's for sure.
You and Geez sure make a lot of accusations . . . Any proof to go with them?

You and Geez sure make a lot of accusations . . . Any proof to go with them?

What in there requires proof?

He never coached again in college.
He lasted 1 year in the CBA.
He was there because he was an ace recruiter. I didn't think this was disputed anymore?

To recruit.

Frank was an all-timer at Purdue, a good coach, but a better man. But yes, his primary purpose was that of recruiting coordinator given his ties to the university and the city of Indianapolis who routinely put out prospect after prospect. He was ultimately given a raw deal by Purdue (I laugh at anyone who suggests Frank was the brains behind facilitating a loan to a current player) and a big reason why he was estranged from Purdue for so long up until recently.

ADVERTISEMENT