ADVERTISEMENT

Say CAM gets canned.. who’s next?

An exactly why would he "ALL of the recruits that matter in state."?

It isn't like kids today even know he is let alone that he was a hell of a player for IU
Kids that grew up listening to dad and grandpa talk about IU victories from the past will know him. The problem is there doesn't seem to be any die hard fans among the top recruits.

I'm a believer that a coach can be successful if he is in the right place at the right time.If were going to hire Alford, It should have been after Davis or after giving Davis an interim year.

We need a good coach that can sell the program, knows the Big Ten and what Indiana basketball expects . Cuonzo Martin, Thad Matta, Michael Lewis, .

Reactions: Al Bino
Kids that grew up listening to dad and grandpa talk about IU victories from the past will know him. The problem is there doesn't seem to be any die hard fans among the top recruits.

I'm a believer that a coach can be successful if he is in the right place at the right time.If were going to hire Alford, It should have been after Davis or after giving Davis an interim year.

We need a good coach that can sell the program, knows the Big Ten and what Indiana basketball expects . Cuonzo Martin, Thad Matta, Michael Lewis, .
No way to Cuonzo.

He’s got a worse overall record than Archie.

I’d like to hear some thoughts on the next Indiana basketball coach IF Archie is gone following this year.
Do not say Brad Stevens.
Go Hoosiers
Fife

My top choice would be John Beilein. He rebuilt Michigan and perhaps can do the same thing with IU.

I’d like to hear some thoughts on the next Indiana basketball coach IF Archie is gone following this year.

Do not say Brad Stevens.

Go Hoosiers

Thanks for the thread, I was wondering when someone might bring this subject up for discussion.

I think all those are no more than Miller +1..
I'm beginning to jump to the Alford crowd.
Just because he will get ALL of the recruits that matter in state.
To think Kaufman & Furst are both going to W.L.
Does crank me !
I too think Steve could do well at IU and I was not always in that camp. He understands the culture and loves IU. The guy has 543 wins under his belt which is .652 winning percentage. Plus his father Sam was a Hatchet.

Purdue’s Micah Shrewsberry is your answer. He probably doesn’t have the name recognition you guys are looking for, but I’d hire him over the list of gray area operators you’re currently slobbering over.

Do not say Brad Stevens.

Go Hoosiers
of all the guys we could get, and who the administrstion would approve of . i think matta's our best bet.

Purdue’s Micah Shrewsberry is your answer. He probably doesn’t have the name recognition you guys are looking for, but I’d hire him over the list of gray area operators you’re currently slobbering over.
first of all. you want to hire a purdue guy? and secondly. who the hell is he?

• Haha
Reactions: EarlTubbs

Do not say Brad Stevens.

Go Hoosiers

Mike Lewis, currently an Asst. at UCLA

Thumbnail Resume' :

what has he done to deserve to be the next head coach of iu basketball?

Nothing.

Good offensive assistant, has NBA ties, but nothing yet to warrant a big time college job. Indiana State would be silly not to go all-in on this guy although they were dumb enough to fire Lansing, but he may be the front-runner for the PSU job which puts him back in purgatory.

Nothing.

Good offensive assistant, has NBA ties, but nothing yet to warrant a big time college job. Indiana State would be silly not to go all-in on this guy although they were dumb enough to fire Lansing, but he may be the front-runner for the PSU job which puts him back in purgatory.
Meanwhile, IU fans dream of cheaters.

Do not say Brad Stevens.

Go Hoosiers

Alford or Dane Fife.

At this point history is really all that IU basketball has going for it. Younger people don't give a flip about IU. Get someone who has some real connection to the IU program from when it was great and try to wake up the echoes. Get someone who lived it and knows firsthand what the standard was and should be again.

As usual, you and the facts aren’t close. Alternatively, it‘s possible you don’t understand what it means to be a “fall guy”. Either way, you’re not correct.

I'm sure Kendrick "volunteered" to be reassigned to a non-athletic position at the university as well...

I'm sure Kendrick "volunteered" to be reassigned to a non-athletic position at the university as well...
Like I said, you don’t understand what it means to be a “fall guy”. A fall guy takes the blame for the actions / misdeeds of others.

ADVERTISEMENT