ADVERTISEMENT

Say CAM gets canned.. who’s next?

Wwyork

Recruit
Jan 25, 2015
Muncie, IN
I’d like to hear some thoughts on the next Indiana basketball coach IF Archie is gone following this year.

Do not say Brad Stevens.

Go Hoosiers

I’d like to hear some thoughts on the next Indiana basketball coach IF Archie is gone following this year.

Do not say Brad Stevens.

Go Hoosiers
Anybody, IDC anymore, AM just needs to go!

I think all those are no more than Miller +1..
I'm beginning to jump to the Alford crowd.
Just because he will get ALL of the recruits that matter in state.
To think Kaufman & Furst are both going to W.L.
Does crank me !

An exactly why would he "ALL of the recruits that matter in state."?

It isn't like kids today even know he is let alone that he was a hell of a player for IU

Reactions: TMB333
Alford is awful and I doubt the moonbat IU administration would hire him after in Pierre Pierce incident in the me2 era.

Reactions: IU_Hickory

Do not say Brad Stevens.

Go Hoosiers
Brad Stevens, Billy Donovan, Chris Beard, Scott Drew, Eric Musselman, Nate Oats

I think all those are no more than Miller +1..
I'm beginning to jump to the Alford crowd.
Just because he will get ALL of the recruits that matter in state.
To think Kaufman & Furst are both going to W.L.
Does crank me !
Alford and Noodles as a package deal would be interesting. Neal came on board for Alford's last 3 seasons at Iowa and was there for all 6 seasons at New Mexico. Together they won 4 regular season titles, 3 conference tourney titles. They earned #3 seeds three times with three totally different rosters. The 2005-06 Iowa team was the #1 ranked defensive team in the country with a bunch of guys who never played in the NBA. I never thought much of Alford as a coach, but I really liked those teams that he and Noodles coached together. So much so that I followed the UNM years almost as close as I try to follow IU.

Regardless, I think they are positioned to move back to the top of the Mountain West next year and I think they would be better served to just stick it out there and build something. You no longer need to be in a marquee basketball conference to have great success, so I would like to see them stay put for their own sake

Reactions: BayernFan

Do not say Brad Stevens.

Go Hoosiers
Multiple threads have looked at this without any obvious answer.
Perhaps two main groups. Group 1; established winner and pay huge dollars. Group 2, young asst or lesser conference coach who you hope will blossom.
My opinion is fire archie.

Alford and Noodles as a package deal would be interesting. Neal came on board for Alford's last 3 seasons at Iowa and was there for all 6 seasons at New Mexico. Together they won 4 regular season titles, 3 conference tourney titles. They earned #3 seeds three times with three totally different rosters. The 2005-06 Iowa team was the #1 ranked defensive team in the country with a bunch of guys who never played in the NBA. I never thought much of Alford as a coach, but I really liked those teams that he and Noodles coached together. So much so that I followed the UNM years almost as close as I try to follow IU.

Regardless, I think they are positioned to move back to the top of the Mountain West next year and I think they would be better served to just stick it out there and build something. You no longer need to be in a marquee basketball conference to have great success, so I would like to see them stay put for their own sake
Noodles, who exactly is Ndl

Noodles, who the F is Noodles? I can guess, but I'm going straight to Cheech & Chong. Bruce is screwing all up man!

• Haha
Reactions: moneyadvisor
How about Mark Few? Every coaching search some moron mentions Mark Few. Haven’t seen anyone do that yet so I’ll toss it out there just to be an ass.

By the way, we’re not actually having a coaching search yet, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: BayernFan
The internet phase of it is well underway, yes.

What do you all think about Tony Bennett? What are our chances?

giphy.gif

Matta, Brad, Beilein, Marshall, Alford, Fife, Pitino Sr., Mack, Pearl, McDermott

I just don’t know if that school has the kind of resources and draw to achieve at that level, no. And you’re in a conference with perennial killers Duke and UNC.

I think he seems like he’s a good coach, all that to one side.

The way this reads is that you don’tknow he’s won a National championship at UVA already, but that can’t possibly be the case, right?

ADVERTISEMENT