ADVERTISEMENT

Sappy thoughts on the last 32 years

iubud

Hall of Famer
Aug 7, 2003
I first met my wife in kindergarten in Mrs' Rooney's class. I liked another girl in our class and barely noticed the cute shy girl that never talked. I thought for a long time that she might not be too bright because she never talked. I would later learn I was was very wrong. It took until we were in high school for me to get to know her as she was not as shy and was beautiful inside and out. We eventually went out.

College would separate us, but we didn't forget about each other. 32 years ago, I got married for the first and last time. It is still strange to look at the kindergarten class picture and realize that we have known each other in some form or another since the summer of '69!

Wow, I don't feel that old! Where did the '80s go? Seems like yesterday. I don't feel any different. Maybe I'll start feeling old in the next 32 years! Or maybe not!

I first met my wife in kindergarten in Mrs' Rooney's class. I liked another girl in our class and barely noticed the cute shy girl that never talked. I thought for a long time that she might not be too bright because she never talked. I would later learn I was was very wrong. It took until we were in high school for me to get to know her as she was not as shy and was beautiful inside and out. We eventually went out.

College would separate us, but we didn't forget about each other. 32 years ago, I got married for the first and last time. It is still strange to look at the kindergarten class picture and realize that we have known each other in some form or another since the summer of '69!

Wow, I don't feel that old! Where did the '80s go? Seems like yesterday. I don't feel any different. Maybe I'll start feeling old in the next 32 years! Or maybe not!
So does she know that you wondered at one time whether or not she was not too bright? My advice is don't tell her. Also she must not be too bright because she married you. I too have been blessed by a girl who was not too bright. For she said yes when I asked her to marry me over 30 years ago. My daughters were joking that my wife could have done a lot better. I said, "thankfully she didn't know that back then".

I too have been blessed by a girl who was not too bright.

thanks-captain-obvious.jpg

So does she know that you wondered at one time whether or not she was not too bright? My advice is don't tell her. Also she must not be too bright because she married you. I too have been blessed by a girl who was not too bright. For she said yes when I asked her to marry me over 30 years ago. My daughters were joking that my wife could have done a lot better. I said, "thankfully she didn't know that back then".
We've talked about how she knew the answers in grade school but never raised her hand or volunteered the answer. I mentioned that I thought she was a little slow, but she quickly points out her high school GPA was higher than mine. Of course she tried a lot harder than I did.

She overcame her early shyness in high school. Now, she always starts conversations with strangers and leads day long seminars a couple of times per year. You would never know she was once shy.

"Cool story bro". All accolades to TMP for the quote.

TMP gonna dig this!

Reactions: sdhoosier
We've talked about how she knew the answers in grade school but never raised her hand or volunteered the answer. I mentioned that I thought she was a little slow, but she quickly points out her high school GPA was higher than mine. Of course she tried a lot harder than I did.

She overcame her early shyness in high school. Now, she always starts conversations with strangers and leads day long seminars a couple of times per year. You would never know she was once shy.
My wife was also very shy when we were in high school. She is not to the point where she can be out front leading groups, but she talks more. It's because she has taken some of my talkative tendencies into her personality. Of course I have gotten some of her mechanical ability because she is far better in her aptitude than I am.

My wife was also very shy when we were in high school. She is not to the point where she can be out front leading groups, but she talks more. It's because she has taken some of my talkative tendencies into her personality. Of course I have gotten some of her mechanical ability because she is far better in her aptitude than I am.
Since she talks more now, do you talk less?

So fess up, how's your other girl look? That's a sweet story, but this if the OTF. This can't be the entire story here.

Is this actually McNutt?

My wife and I got married in August of 1976. We have known each other since she was five and I was seven because we began attending the same church when my parents moved from Gnaw Bone to Columbus. Of course, I went to church with our neighbors because my parents didn't like going to church.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT